Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Idea for a MK movie  (Read 2304 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Idea for a MK movie
« on: May 21, 2010, 09:16:04 PM »
I had a dream - a movie about Mark Knopfler !
Who to incarnate him ? we need a great actor for a great musician. I was thinking of... Clint Eastwood himself. I would like the movie to be as touching as "Gran Torino", but in a Knopfler universe.
What would the movie about ? It would be set in the not-to-distant future - retired old Mark, hurt by nasty comments about the lack of energy of his 2014 last tour, is shying away from public presence, and is not touring anymore.
But he meets by chance a teenager who, despite his young age, is a die hard fan. Mk, at first irratated by the boy whom he takes as a get-a-lifer kind of fan, learns to know him better and ends up being touched by his struggles, which reminds him of his own childhood and early songs (think again of Grand Torino, plenty of space of flashbacks...).
As the relationship develops, the boy dares to ask him "why didn't you play Tunnel of Love any more ? That was my favourite". At first Mark gets very angry, then calms down, and decide, for the first time, to open to the boy and explain about his own pains, struggles, and family relationships.
In the end the boy manages to convince him that he is capable of making a come-back with a new tour, the last song being... Tunnel of Love, 1991 style, in a psychadelic atmosphere. The live performance would be the ending of the movie.
The movie could simply be called... Tunnel of Love.
Did I drink too much tonight ? :)

OfflinePyroaction

• Camerado
    • AFMK
Re: Idea for a MK movie
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 09:23:19 PM »
Very interesting scenario. I like it.
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 10:21:21 PM »
You MUST have a weak spot for the song "Tunnel Of Love"  ;D
By the way - I do agree with you on that. Love it, too.

It's great to become creative and think about ideas and stuff. But in my view Mr. Eastwood is an great actor - nonetheless I'd prefer a new 'fresh' actor who isn't popular now. Or maybe MK himself? Now I'm starting to have visions too  ;D
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 10:24:22 PM »
Oh I'm getting a picture now.... In the end they're playing TOL in Spanish City as a five-piece-band in a soundcheck situation - only the young lad is watching yet.

tbc

;D

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 10:55:37 PM »
You MUST have a weak spot for the song "Tunnel Of Love"  ;D
By the way - I do agree with you on that. Love it, too.

It's great to become creative and think about ideas and stuff. But in my view Mr. Eastwood is an great actor - nonetheless I'd prefer a new 'fresh' actor who isn't popular now. Or maybe MK himself? Now I'm starting to have visions too  ;D

How did you guess ? :D yes, to me TOL is fascinating. The best song on "Making Movies" is not R&J, as MK seems to believe nowadays, but TOL, hands down. Hence, what I feel should be kept of DS in current setlist is the best song on each album - to me, that would hence be: SoS, WDYTYAG, TOL, TG, BIA, OES...

As for MK playing his own role... whoever can convince him to do that deserve the "world best salesman of all times" platium award :)

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 11:00:19 PM »
As for MK playing his own role... whoever can convince him to do that deserve the "world best salesman of all times" platium award :)

Yes, I'm totally with you on that. But I'd like to mention the title from a certain movie "Never Say Never"!

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 04:16:03 AM »
herlock,

I got a kick out of this movie scenario.  It's sooooo cooool.  I actually visualize it happens as I am reading it. 

I think we want MK to play himself.  And to play TOL in a SpanishCity , that's the way to do it.

I love TOL to bits and pieces. 

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »
What a great idea,you've got me going for the day now ::)I have to cut the lawn so I'm going to ponder that idea for a while :P :P
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 01:46:38 PM »
James Bolam could play Mark.  Maybe not well known outside the UK but he is a Geordie too and a great actor of stage and television for many, many years.  Eastwood is a better director than actor anyway;  he was always a John Wayne wannabe! ;)  Let him direct the flick.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 38 queries.