Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #36:2010.05.27, Brighton Centre, Brighton, England  (Read 11406 times)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
Re: Concert #36:2010.05.27, Brighton Centre, Brighton, England
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 11:45:49 PM »
I am sure this forum is open minded and tolerant, full of fans ready to give posters the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not one of them. Crappy = foadcb!
It's your absolute right not to be open minded nor tolerant. 
I'm very sorry if anyone feels offended by what I wrote.
I definitely have a poor opinion of this song and I freely shared my opinion, with my own words.
That said, English is not my mother tongue and obviously I did not understand the strength of the chosen word.

By the way, what is the meaning of "foadcb" ?
Before being obliged to leave this forum, I prefer to avoid a second misunderstanding.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:51:46 PM by tunnel85 »

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 03:30:34 AM »
No need to leave here.  Everyone has its onw view.  There is no strong opinion we need to follow.  Definitely right or wrong doesn't exist here.  And in my opinion, it's a good thing that we can have different views to read, to share, even totally different.  If everyone thinks exactly the same, what will we share here?  Nothing, but your only thought.

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 08:05:00 AM »
Thanks allen  ;)
I will keep on sharing whatever I have to share  ;D

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 08:32:08 AM »
No need to leave, the whole point of this forum is freedom of speech, even if it is critical of MK.  :) Remember, on other sites we wouldn't even be able to discuss what was played.  :o

This is a tricky issue. On the one hand I like the fact that MK is mixing the set up more than at any time since 2001. This does mean that not everyone will get their ideal set every night, but you wouldn't get that even if the set was static.

I've been critical of Bonepart and Donegan in the past, but in Glasgow I just loved them both, I don't know if it was the performance or the immense hassle I had getting to the gig but for both I just had the hairs standing up on the back of my neck and a huge smile on my face.

I like Monteleone as a song and enjoyed watching the video from NY, but if I was only going to one show (as is the case with the vast majority of people at Brighton) I would be pretty pissed off if I missed one of the cornerstone songs of the Get Lucky tour.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 09:22:28 AM »
It is of course okay that people have their own opinion about MKs music.. Thats great.

But there are some members in this forum who constantly are writing negative things about mks choices of songs, what clothes he wears and so on..

My good it is poor reading....Are you really fans?

Try to be happy instead! We are so lucky! Alchemy on DVD and blu-ray, tours, new albums...
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

draad

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 09:55:19 AM »
I have removed my post. On re-reading it was pretty intolerant. Apologies to all. I think the word "crappy" , in assosciation with Monteleone, flicked my outrage switch. Of course we can all have different opinions.

Btw, one of the nice things at Brighton was the way Mark talked about the song. Not the Stradovarius or chisels thing, that I had heard before at the Hurlingham show,  but he implied it was a difficult song to play, saying things like "this could get messy" and turning to the band and saying "see you at the end!". He also said roughly the same with another song but I can't remember which one. V funny.

Love Expresso

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »
It is of course okay that people have their own opinion about MKs music.. Thats great.

But there are some members in this forum who constantly are writing negative things about mks choices of songs, what clothes he wears and so on..

My good it is poor reading....Are you really fans?

Try to be happy instead! We are so lucky! Alchemy on DVD and blu-ray, tours, new albums...

I think you will have to live with that! For my part, I prefer different opinions. I would never dare questioning the "fandom" of any member. What is a fan anyway? Someone who visited one or two MK shows in his whole life might have much better and relevant thoughts about them than any get-a-lifer with 10, 15, 20 or more shows. As long as it is kept civilized, it is good to have some "negatives" around here. Sometimes even Love Expresso is negative!!!! :o And it IS disgusting that MK really has the same shirt on as on the last tour! I don't give a damn about WHAT he is wearing: but he should give the people (the ladies especially) a fresh and looked-after look - and not give the impression of a poor man who only owns one ugly shirt...  :disbelief

No offence meant to anybody. Might not be able to answer anyway cause I am off to London - will have my 14th gig tomorrow at RAH...  ;)

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 11:07:40 PM »
I am sure this forum is open minded and tolerant, full of fans ready to give posters the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not one of them. Crappy = foadcb!
It's your absolute right not to be open minded nor tolerant. 
I'm very sorry if anyone feels offended by what I wrote.
I definitely have a poor opinion of this song and I freely shared my opinion, with my own words.
That said, English is not my mother tongue and obviously I did not understand the strength of the chosen word.

By the way, what is the meaning of "foadcb" ?
Before being obliged to leave this forum, I prefer to avoid a second misunderstanding.

no need to leave Tunnel85.
as mentioned, as long as words like F%@
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 10:42:04 AM »
Hi everyone, I just arrived home very late last night, after three of some of the most exhilarating shows I have ever been to.  The music was fantastic and MK played just as wonderfully as he did on my first gig of this tour in Dublin.   He looked very happy and was very witty too!    

It is hard for me to choose my favourite show, but I think, by a whisker, it is probably Brighton, but they were all amazing!

I was a bit disappointed that Marbletown was dropped, because I really love that song, but I adore Monteleone, too and it was played beautifully.  It's a shame that both couldn't have been included, because it wouldn't have taken much extra time.   That is my ONLY moan and, LE , I really don't give a jot what shirt MK wears - it is quite immaterial!   It is the music that matters and that was wonderful.   The set-list was great, heard live and it all gave me goosebumps!  

It was really lovely to meet so many fans at my three final concerts (Manchester, Brighton and Bournemouth) - Marky49, Ingridswing, Fieneke and Jans, Emily Andler, Maggie and Wolfgang, Pottel, Millionaire Blues, Draad, Isaac and many, many more!   It's like having a very large family, who all like the same things - wonderful!  I had a great time at the front of the stage on all three nights, especially Bournemouth, swaying to SFA with Ingrid, Marky49 and Pottel - great fun!   Thanks to you all!  :D  :-*

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:32:52 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 04:54:30 AM »
Val,

Thanks for your review.  Nothing is better than watching Mark and the band standing up next to the stage.  Sounded like you guys are one BIG HAPPY Knopfler' s family.  :) 

val, are you seeing anymore after this one?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 08:59:51 AM »
Sweetsurrender,  Unfortunately, they were my last concerts and I am feeling a bit "bereaved and bereft" at the moment, but there will be some recordings to look forward to and I am off to the sun in Menorca soon for three weeks, so all is not bad!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 12:22:37 PM »
When can we get the BBC interview?  I'm looking forward to it.

Wishes
Allen

Any news about it?
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »
Thanks to you too Superval, it's a great pleasure to see you again. I wish we had some more shows together but maybe next time. And yes SFA was wonderful, it felt like partying at the front  :D In my opinion the band liked to see us jumping there, there were some smiles on their faces. Love to you and your hubby, hope to see you soon again. Don't forget to drop me an e-mail if you are coming to the Netherlands!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 04:59:01 PM »
Ingrid,   Don't worry, we will come to the Netherlands again and will send you an email.   We both enjoy Amsterdam and it is very quick for us to get there!    :D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 10:30:18 PM »
I am back again too, but it is already late, so just a little note to say that the concert was

WONDERFABULASTIC!!!! ;D

For those who think .......uuuhhhh what is she talking about, the word means:
Wonderful
Fabulous
Fantastic  ;D

I will write a review asap!

Btw it was wonderful to meet Val and Colin, Pottel, Martina, Emily, Pamela, Valicia, Isaac, Arthur, Alan and Rachel. Norma and Tom and other fans, even when it was a short hello to some of them! They all made our stay in Brighton special too!  ;)

Regards
Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 42 queries.