Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #38:2010.05.30, Royal Albert Hall, London, England  (Read 32565 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Concert #38:2010.05.30, Royal Albert Hall, London, England
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 08:46:41 AM »
Many thanks, marky49, for the beautiful pictures!    Glad to hear the recording was good!    :-*
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinepjh3121

• Local Hero
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 12:35:32 PM »
I was there last night and had a great time; I think his playing was better sitting down compared to when I was there in 2008 !

I do wish he'd shake up the setlist, though. A couple of times I felt as if I was back in 2008 again. WII into STP again ? RAJ into SOS agian ? And the last few songs were exactly the same (and in the same order) as in 2008 with the exception of PTTE instead of GH at the very end. Granted, there were two songs in the middle that were not there last time, but they were a pretty odd choice I thought. They always both sounded pedestrian to me.

Anyway, he once again showed that he's a master craftsman and is playing brilliantly (as is his band) - it's just a bit of a shame that he doesn't take more risks with his extensive back catalogue.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 05:52:13 PM by pjh3121 »

Offlineithaca

• Guitar George
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 01:20:19 PM »
Going to the Albert Hall tomorrow night  :)

Can someone who was there last night let me know roughly what time Kate Walsh (support) starts and finishes...?

Thanks.

Love Expresso

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 01:34:18 PM »
Kate Walsh
19:35 support act
20:05 interval
20:30 Mark Knopfler

I must admit I didn`t listen to her. That was because I was talking to Goldenheart96, Jerroen and Isaac. Was nice to meet all the great forumers,
Mr. Pee-break-Pottel himself, Best Brown Baggies with the shirt of the day (better than Guy`s), Ingridswing, Knopflerized, DS1985 and some others
which nicknames I can`t remember... Isaac is a real nice chap, within minutes who talk to him and have a real funny conversation going about MK stuff
and Biergarten and so on...  :)

Was nice to see you all!

All the best,

LE

Offlinezigner

• Guitar George
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 02:34:51 PM »
Marky, as usual thanks for your wonderfully quick upload of the photos.  I wonder why Mark doesn't want to wear a different shirt ? I'm sort of getting tired of seeing the same shirt in every show.  I copied all the pictures from every source.  Now the pictures they all look the same.

Sorry, don't mean to complain.  

Thanks a lot .

Maybe he likes the shirt.  Did you ever consider that?

Johnny Cash wore a black shirt every show.  I am wondering if he was alive and you were a fan if you would be posting your "non complaint" complaint there too.

How about his shoes, are those good enough for you?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:07:53 AM by zigner »

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 04:06:14 PM »

I do wish he'd shake up the setlist, though. A couple of times I felt as if I was back in 2008 again. WII into STP again ? RAJ into SOS agian ? And the last few songs were exactly the same (and in the same order) as in 2008 with the exception of PTTE instead of GH at the very end. Granted, there were two songs in the middle from STP that were not there last time, but they were a pretty odd choice I thought. They always both sounded pedestrian to me.

Anyway, he once again showed that he's a master craftsman and is playing brilliantly (as is his band) - it's just a bit of a shame that he doesn't take more risks with his extensive back catalogue.

I tend to agree. I think a "gesture" towards us get-a-lifer fans could have been to play the old songs that GF admitted they rehearsed in 2008 - namely, TMSTS and SMU. These 2 would rock ! I paid next to no attention to TMSTS when BIA was released, but that was before I get a chance to see the Wembley'85 DVD. Awsome version with flute, I'm sure it would fit quite well. And SMU in 91/92 or in 2002 was really fast rocking. Maybe next time... Understand that they would not play TOL or OES, but these would be nice. And I'm tired of RAJ :p
Whay do you mean, 2 from STP that were not present last time ?? PW and.... ? 

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »
Pics from this show:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_sheppard/sets/72157624169598384/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38165377@N06/sets/72157624173001282/

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?assettype=image&artist=Andy Sheppard#

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 05:02:46 PM »
A couple of warnings for those attending later RAH shows. Firstly, if you've booked tickets through MK.com (I guess most of us have), IGNORE the request to pick them up at the box office. RAH completely mismanaged this last night, causing lengthy queues, and then telling everyone to go to Door 1 instead to collect MK.com booked tickets. They may learn their lesson and improve things from Monday onwards, but I strongly recommend you go straight to Door 1 for your tickets. While in whinge mode, having booked mine the day booking opened last summer, I was pretty disappointed to be in Row 18 with a pretty poor view - the rows aren't staggered. I think we all paid

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 05:11:20 PM »
One other minor negative. We've heard a lot about how wonderful the big screen is. Well, it only worked briefly (and didn't even get going until R&J), and with poor quality, not helped by being immediately behind the stage lights. I don't know whether they had technical problems last night, but I had expected much more of it.

Offlinepjh3121

• Local Hero
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »

I do wish he'd shake up the setlist, though. A couple of times I felt as if I was back in 2008 again. WII into STP again ? RAJ into SOS agian ? And the last few songs were exactly the same (and in the same order) as in 2008 with the exception of PTTE instead of GH at the very end. Granted, there were two songs in the middle from STP that were not there last time, but they were a pretty odd choice I thought. They always both sounded pedestrian to me.

I tend to agree. I think a "gesture" towards us get-a-lifer fans could have been to play the old songs that GF admitted they rehearsed in 2008 - namely, TMSTS and SMU. These 2 would rock ! I paid next to no attention to TMSTS when BIA was released, but that was before I get a chance to see the Wembley'85 DVD. Awsome version with flute, I'm sure it would fit quite well. And SMU in 91/92 or in 2002 was really fast rocking. Maybe next time... Understand that they would not play TOL or OES, but these would be nice. And I'm tired of RAJ :p
Whay do you mean, 2 from STP that were not present last time ?? PW and.... ? 

Sorry, I meant Coyote. That was on Ragpickers Dream. My mistake.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 06:00:35 PM »
pjh3121   -    "Coyote"  pedestrian??    It was magnificent in Manchester, Brighton and Bournemouth!   Worth the price of the ticket alone!     :P
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 06:01:44 PM »
How about his shoes, are those good enough for you?

I think we can all agree that MK wears quality shoes.

Frankly I couldn't give a Friar Tuck what kind of shirt he wears, I'm there to listen to an amazing band, not go to a fashion show.  ::)

Oh, and Coyote and Prairie Wedding are probably the tour highlights for me... Piper to the end as well.

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Love Expresso

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »
Yep. Coyote is really great. Danny and Glen are a real engine here. And MK was really playing a great solo on it. I had a little moment of - no - not disappointment, is was a real phantastic show last night - but I bet about Monteleone (which I would never prefer) and Marbletown, and when he started
to tell the John Monteleone story - I thought - well, you can

Love Expresso

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 08:41:35 PM »
Paul Crockford offered an explanation for last night's problems at the RAH. Nice from him. Thought I copy it here, it is from MKNews:

RAH TICKETING DELAY: A message from PCM.

Dear All,

Unfortunately there was a major problem last night at the first night in London and many of you had to queue for much longer than we would have liked.

This was caused by understaffing and lack of preparedness by the Albert Hall for which I can only apologise.

I wanted to write to everybody to say thanks for being so patient and to apologise for the ticketing pick up not being as efficient as it should have been. We have now taken additional steps to ensure that this won't happen again.

I look forward to seeing you all at an MK show in the future and thanks for your continued support.

All the best
Paul Crockford

(31/05/10)

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 11:29:46 PM »
also, it was great FINALLY meeting Fran and Julio!!

Yeah!!! It was ver nice to met you, I really had to apologize as I was in a hurry, some friends were waiting for me, I was introduced to Goldenheart96 and Love expresso, but later I realised I didn
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 42 queries.