Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 158106 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Jbaent,  I have been exchanging a series of emails with someone from Simfylive.de and after trying hard this is his final reply:

Hi,

just checked it again, seemst that due to some issues we are definitely not able to offer this show.

Really Sorry !

xxx

EDITED by Pottel because of privacy reasons
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Jbaent,  I have been exchanging a series of emails with someone from Simfylive.de and after trying hard this is his final reply:

Hi,

just checked it again, seemst that due to some issues we are definitely not able to offer this show.

Really Sorry !

xxx

That's really too bad.  I'd like him to elaborate a little on that (might find out something interesting).
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Hi,

Really Sorry !

xxx

That's really too bad.  I'd like him to elaborate a little on that (might find out something interesting).

In one of his previous emails it seems he was unaware of the fact that the UK concerts had been recorded at all and I told him about the band's recordings being handed over to Simfy for us to download.    I keep on hoping........   :-\
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
The same happened to me. They answered me that they didnt recored Glasgow, and the rest of shows, so they wont sell them, and then I asked them "And how is that you alreay are selling Glasgow, if you didn
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford
« Reply #394 on: December 18, 2010, 09:49:26 PM »
Well, this topic has been death for a long time, it looks like the Simfy thing is over, and we won
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

I think "at least we got 50" is slightly unterstated!

Just remember the time around tour start: What would we have said if an official live recording would have been announced? We would have all been very happy - even without video, only audio CD would have veen very much appreciated. Instead of that we really got more than half of the tour in great and complete quality. That is more than I ever expected MK to do! I am very happy with this, all those different and varying versions and great atmosphere everytime. It is really something we have to be thankful for. Other artists have done this before and more and better of course, but hey, MK is a special person, I would not have given anything if this was mentioned before the tour by some fans. My answer would have been: Yeah, would be nice, but not in MK's case, do not expect too much!"

Now we have it!

Thanks MK, thanks PC, thanks Simfy and thanks to the band for making these recordings such a pleasure.

(My theory is still:
When it was decided that Mike McGoldrick stays in the band from London on, there were possibilities checked to get him paid for another 50 shows,
so Mark said to Paul: Raise some additional money, this guy is expensive, and Paul said: Well, there IS one possibility, Mark, you know, there is the
internet, ever heard of? You can download music there....)
 ;D

LE
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:09:48 AM by Love Expresso »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
remember that night in london LE, when it was announced? i think you were there in the queue as well right? :-)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

Yeah that's right! Those flyers were given away, I read one and couldn't believe what I saw... Then PC turned up in a very nice orange shirt and a black
suit... The weather was great as the whole day was! Hope to get there once more... And next time I will take more shows there...

LE

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Hehe, I was there too... I think I squeed hysterically and then I bumped into BBB and knopflerized  ;D

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
I remember the moment well!!!!!!! :D ;D

Cheers   BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Me too.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Do we know if in the end these recordings have been made available to our US friends ? This situation was pretty much unbereable..
De we also know more about a possible "MK-live in Montreux" BR/DVD ? How long do Montreux staff take to negociate and release such a product, and if MK would ok it ?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Do we know if in the end these recordings have been made available to our US friends ? This situation was pretty much unbereable..
De we also know more about a possible "MK-live in Montreux" BR/DVD ? How long do Montreux staff take to negociate and release such a product, and if MK would ok it ?

yes, very curious about that too...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
Do we know if in the end these recordings have been made available to our US friends ?

Nope.

"Sorry, but this concert cannot be purchased in your country."
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Can somebody email the Montreux people?

It's sitting in a vault! In HD!

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 42 queries.