Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #39:2010.05.31, Royal Albert Hall, London, England  (Read 10641 times)

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Re: Concert #39:2010.05.31, Royal Albert Hall, London, England
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 09:58:16 AM »
Very nice pictures ! goldenheart.  What merchandise did you end up getting it ?  T-shirt ?

Thanks!
I wanted to buy one of the ladies' shirts but it seemed like size S was sold out... The merch lady showed me one in M but it looked quite large so I decided to wait and buy one in Germany.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:31:24 AM by goldenheart96 »

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 10:28:49 AM »
Did 4 concerts so far, no finger of death spotted  ;D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 11:18:51 AM »
Just looking at your pictures Goldenheart and in particular one of the fans in the Arena area;  it seems as though it was taken from the same section of the hall I was seated this night and I remember someone two seats along from me with a camera.  My seat was Stalls "O," row 2, seat 105.  Be hard luck if we were sitting almost next to each other all night without knowing it! :disbelief
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 11:34:33 AM »
Just looking at your pictures Goldenheart and in particular one of the fans in the Arena area;  it seems as though it was taken from the same section of the hall I was seated this night and I remember someone two seats along from me with a camera.  My seat was Stalls "O," row 2, seat 105.  Be hard luck if we were sitting almost next to each other all night without knowing it! :disbelief

Hmm, I was Stalls "O", too, but row 9, seat 136. I guess you were a couple of rows below me then? The sound wasn't too good, was it. I heard Danny's drums reverbarating from the back of the hall, it sounded really weird... The view was very nice, though!

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 04:49:09 PM »
Very nice pictures ! goldenheart.  What merchandise did you end up getting it ?  T-shirt ?

Thanks!
I wanted to buy one of the ladies' shirts but it seemed like size S was sold out... The merch lady showed me one in M but it looked quite large so I decided to wait and buy one in Germany.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you talking about the grey T ?  I got mine in size L.  I am usually a size XS or S.  But those gal Ts if they are the same as those sold in NA, then they are very tiny.  I suggest you try it on before you buy it. 

I LOVE the T- shirt. :)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »
Clearly we need some pics of the beautiful ladies of the forum modelling these shirts. ;)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Love Expresso

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 05:30:38 PM »

yepp!

We should open another drooling section!  :-*

LE

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 05:38:57 PM »
Clearly we need some pics of the beautiful ladies of the forum modelling these shirts. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent idea !!  guys and gals modeling their Ts / hoodies here on a seperate thread of course.

LE,  time to resurrect the drool thread! How about from this tour. Every itsy bitsy desirable gestures from MK.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »

Hmm, I was Stalls "O", too, but row 9, seat 136. I guess you were a couple of rows below me then? The sound wasn't too good, was it. I heard Danny's drums reverbarating from the back of the hall, it sounded really weird... The view was very nice, though!
I thought the sound was pretty good.  Being near Richard I thought he was in absolutely no need of amplification at all for any of his stringed instruments but overall pretty good!  You're right about the view though;  absolutely first class.  I prefer The Stalls to The Arena because if you aren't in the first few rows of seating in The Arena then your view is not as good due to the fact the seating isn't staggered.

Regarding the show itself, I thought MK looked in some discomfort at times and during TR had to cut his solo short because of it (must be the shortest version ever).  Really nailed Speedway though and I loved it when he stood up during the final solo.  Overall not quite as great as Glasgow but MK and the band really are playing seriously well right now.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 08:07:14 PM »

Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you talking about the grey T ?  I got mine in size L.  I am usually a size XS or S.  But those gal Ts if they are the same as those sold in NA, then they are very tiny.  I suggest you try it on before you buy it. 

I LOVE the T- shirt. :)

Oh sorry, I should have been more specific... I wanted to have a black one first but found out that they were actually blue. So the lady showed me the white one, which was the one that looked quite big in size M... Haven't had a closer look at the grey shirt yet. You are right, I will try them on first - and if it fits, I will post a picture here  ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 40 queries.