Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: An important story  (Read 4837 times)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
An important story
« on: June 02, 2010, 11:23:34 PM »
Hello, Another MK story from my side. I'd really like to share it with you all. I've been in some sad times, but always when I listened to Mark's music, I felt better. And still, some songs from Mark made an incredible impact in my life. In the sky e.g. And still, when I listen to MK he always touches me with his music, those subtile, dynamical notes that he plays.. Mark has changed my life, I can feel that i'm thinking different about some subjects, and of course i'm addicted to the guitar. A fiesta red Fender Stratocaster. One thing, the Mark and Emmy tour, is perfect to me. I always get tears when I listen to Why Worry. And Guy with his beautiful voice on the background.. Well, that was it for now:) Bye, Lars
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Re: An important story
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:28:39 PM »
Yes, the RLRR DVD is the most underrated product of all times. The lack of appreciation of this wonderful treasure has led to the end of MK videos for good. Too bad...
We never talk much of ATTR on this forum, but I feel the album is really up there with the best of MK solo songs. "I dug up a diamonde", "Rolling On", "Beachcumbing..." are really gems !
Cheers

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:51:56 PM »
Lars, your comments are very generous and thank you for them.   Many of us feel this strongly about MK's music for one important reason or another.   His music has been significant in many of our lives.    That's because of his talent on many levels, from guitar to lyrics.    Thanks for sharing your feelings here.
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 12:05:35 AM »
Thanks IrisRose:) Mark is indeed a great person. We are all sort of family on AMIT! Sharing the same passion:)
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 10:55:30 AM »
Agree, some great tracks on ATRR. Beachcombing is one of my favourite MK tracks.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineIan Lewis

• Camerado
    • Ian Lewis Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »
Mark's filmscoring music always brings great memories back for me, particularly 'The Long Road.'  I think it is one of the least appreciated aspects of Mark's career.  I'm a keen photographer and use to use MK's film stuff on DVD to my pictures.  So now when I hear those tunes it brings back great memories of when the pictures were taken, I.e. Holidays and family.

The great think about Mark's music is it touches people in so many different ways.

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 07:27:03 PM »
Wonderful story, Lars!

I feel the same way. I have had some rough times in the last 15 years, but MKs music has helped me..it is healing my soul.
No other artist can do that to me. MK is so important in my life.  :)

Next weekend I will go to Oslo and Bergen and enjoy the music of the worlds most fantastic musician!  :D
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 03:12:54 PM »
RRRRR.... did have commercial fails.

Reason is that it lacked the "big hits" and I am not sure thart it was properly advertised either.

I don't understand Emylou decision to ask that his Michaelangelo performance being outtaked from it.

It was my personal highlight of the setlist with "I Dug Up With A Diamond" featuring a magnificient guitar part by Richard

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 05:10:55 PM »

Reason is that it lacked the "big hits" and I am not sure thart it was properly advertised either.

I don't understand Emylou decision to ask that his Michaelangelo performance being outtaked from it.

It was my personal highlight of the setlist with "I Dug Up With A Diamond" featuring a magnificient guitar part by Richard
yup i could never understand why she asked for that. Maybe it's a ladies'thing, like, i look fat on this song the way this idiot shot me ? ;)
I could also never understand why thay had to suppress the wonderful IDUAD from the CD to replace it with the dull ATM. Can't see how they think.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 05:37:45 PM »
Lars, thanks for sharing your story.  I have mine too except that it will take about 2 pages long to write a complete story as to why Mark and his music is sooooooo very  very important to me.  It almost seems like I've reached some sorts of a spiritual enlightment.  Mark's music soothes my soul and I'm so indebted to him.

When I was at his concerts 4 times this tour, those 8 hours were like magical moments in my life.  Time stood still, all my worries, stress, frustrations, and distress, all vanished.  Just like that. 

It's absolutely magical.

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 02:18:02 PM »
You know what and I can never explain to anyone what it is about Mark and Music. No words can explain it.

The first memories I have was when I was a kid of about 12 and was introduced to the wonderful (and still my favourite at a push) album Communique!
This would have been in about 1988 lol! It just blew me away and I think as I kid I had some rough times like lots of other people (nothing too bad). it was his music that just struck a chord :)

I remember thinking I would never have the opportunity to see Dire Straits and the great man in action.

These were the days when at school I'd have arguments with people over who was better Clapton or Knopfler lol. I have great appreciation for both but Knopfler's Guitaring and vocals were much more memerising. (Knopfler was always better).

These days with all the speculation of DS reforming reminds me of back then cos I can recall as I say hoping that they would reform thinking they never would.  How lucky was I that I got the privilege to see the legendary band and Knopfler in 1992.  I knew this would be the last time they would ever perform live.

Back to the man in question. Mark's music just instils an amazing feeling and the music is absolutely timeless.  I was just listening to the Communique album again today and It just make me feel awesome. The feel and guitaring on that album is so warm and impeccable. The vocals are equally impressive :)
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 06:21:31 PM »

yup i could never understand why she asked for that. Maybe it's a ladies'thing, like, i look fat on this song the way this idiot shot me ? ;)
I could also never understand why thay had to suppress the wonderful IDUAD from the CD to replace it with the dull ATM. Can't see how they think.

Should I assume that her performance of "Michaelangelo" that night did not reach her expectations.

I remember posting a flaming message to Guy about "the idiot who decided to drop that song from the release." His answer make feel like an idiot, that at no moment I could consider she was the one who decided such sacrilege.

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 07:24:24 PM »
But there's an awesome version of Bonaparte on it! :lol *yes, I knew I could mention the song today in one of the topics* RLRR is a nice album / dvd imo, I like it. :)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 09:57:06 AM »
But there's an awesome version of Bonaparte on it! :lol *yes, I knew I could mention the song today in one of the topics* RLRR is a nice album / dvd imo, I like it. :)

Strange, years back at the beginning of the live show on DVDs I was hunting for them but now I lost much interest in video as I found the "audio only" experience much more powerful. Even in concert now I close the eyes at some point to feel anything but the music.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 04:47:55 PM »

Strange, years back at the beginning of the live show on DVDs I was hunting for them but now I lost much interest in video as I found the "audio only" experience much more powerful. Even in concert now I close the eyes at some point to feel anything but the music.

I do just the same a lot of times espcially when I hear the songs I particularly love.  I close my eyes and become one with the songs.  But I still love to see vids.  Mark is toooooo  great looking I can't resist wanting to see the expressions on his face, the guitars, the fingers, etc. (eventhough him wearing the same shirt) :D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 38 queries.