Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Hal Lindes  (Read 5903 times)

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
Hal Lindes
« on: June 05, 2010, 05:06:56 PM »
Hal has got a new site and it is full of photo's from the DS tours he was with.

Als two tour programs are available to see. Anybody has got any idea to download this flash thing? I am still looking for those tour programs. Especially the LOG one with all those dates in it from 1977 till then.

Pm me if you have a spare one!

http://www.hallindes.com/dire-straits.html
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

Love Expresso

Re: Hal Lindes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 05:24:11 PM »
Thanks for the link! Some really great pictures in these books, most of which I never have seen before! Great idea from Hal to put them online. However,
this stuff should be on his official site, or on MKNews, for everybody to see, since ages! It seems those tour books would not have so much information
apart from tour dates but just these great pics. Would love to have one of those! My first tour book is from 1996... So I can't help you Jeroen, but nevertheless, it is fun watching them.

LE

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 05:44:22 AM »
Jerone,

That's one awesome link to Hal's site with all those wonderful pictures most of which I've never seen before.  In feature photo, I love #17 of Mark and some really nice band photo.

To download flash:  I think you right click and clink save target as ... then download.

Now I have new task at hand tonight.  Thaks soooo much again.  I wonder what Hal is up to.  He grew up in Monterey which is about 1 1/2 hr from where I am.

OnlineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 06:48:27 PM »
Hal has got a new site and it is full of photo's from the DS tours he was with.

Als two tour programs are available to see. Anybody has got any idea to download this flash thing? I am still looking for those tour programs. Especially the LOG one with all those dates in it from 1977 till then.

Pm me if you have a spare one!

http://www.hallindes.com/dire-straits.html

Those tourbooks are on issuu.com, a site where you can put your magazines. (You can put PDF's on it and the site shows
it as a magazine...)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 08:53:01 PM »
Hal is one of the few people who are open and appreciative of former Dire Straits members.

I recently spoke to Hal briefly on Facebook, I was telling him how excited I was to see the release of Alchemy on Blu-rayand how great his performance was.

I was surprised he was gladly looking forward to it too and he posted me a message thanking me for my kind message lol.

On the other hand I sent Jack Sonni a message once and never got a reply  :-[
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »
Now I have new task at hand tonight.  Thaks soooo much again.  I wonder what Hal is up to.  He grew up in Monterey which is about 1 1/2 hr from where I am.

I went to Monterey while on Honeymoon. My other obsession is Carmel so I wanted to check out Carmel, so also checked out Monterey where they shot some of Play Misty For Me. Also went to the aquarium from Star Trek IV. :)

If I won the lotto would most likely move to San Francisco.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 09:41:28 PM »
On the other hand I sent Jack Sonni a message once and never got a reply  :-[

Jack liked my status on Facebook once. :) (I was going to see Steve Earle and Jack is a fan.)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 04:33:02 AM »

I went to Monterey while on Honeymoon. My other obsession is Carmel so I wanted to check out Carmel, so also checked out Monterey where they shot some of Play Misty For Me. Also went to the aquarium from Star Trek IV. :)

dusty, SF is indeed one of the most beautiful cities on earth.  I can say that without reservations. ( I've seen and lived in many places) I won't move anywhere else.  Just the weather alone here in CA is to die for.  I live on East Bay across the Bay Bridge.  40 minutes to SF.  Do get in touch with me if you won your lotto and decides to move here ! :)

I don't do facebook. Can I still send him email and will he respond on his website?  I wonder where he's living/working right now?  Didn't they call him a "dynamite kid" or something back in the DS days?

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 01:23:59 PM »
Pic 3 - wouldnt it be great to re-live that era today......

(thats weird coming from me as im not one that wants to relive the past.... ???)
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 02:40:37 PM »
Now I have new task at hand tonight.  Thaks soooo much again.  I wonder what Hal is up to.  He grew up in Monterey which is about 1 1/2 hr from where I am.

dusty, SF is indeed one of the most beautiful cities on earth.  I can say that without reservations. ( I've seen and lived in many places) I won't move anywhere else.  Just the weather alone here in CA is to die for.  I live on East Bay across the Bay Bridge.  40 minutes to SF.  Do get in touch with me if you won your lotto and decides to move here ! :)

I don't do facebook. Can I still send him email and will he respond on his website?  I wonder where he's living/working right now?  Didn't they call him a "dynamite kid" or something back in the DS days?
"Kid Dynamite" during the intro's I think, but he couldn't fix your bike! :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 08:12:45 PM »
Jack and Hal have both graciously answered me on Facebook.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 09:48:01 AM »
Jack and Hal have both graciously answered me on Facebook.

It was probably the fact that I asked about him with Dire Straits, Maybe he just gets bored of talking about it!
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 02:00:55 AM »
Hal never answered me in facebook, but I had many interesting conversations, even chats with Joop de Korte, what a man!!!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 41 queries.