Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #44:2010.06.06, Lotto Arena, Antwerp, Belgium  (Read 34948 times)

Offlinehanshaulez

• Guitar George
Re: Concert #44:2010.06.06, Lotto Arena, Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 09:41:05 AM »
Hi There,

my first post to this forum. I met Maarten at the beginning. Nice talking to you!.

Yesterday was a great concert. The ending was very abrupt, I suppose because MK was suffering. Nevertheless I agree with some of the comments that this was a rocking one. Only in Speedway i missed Danny going wild behind the drums and the camera. Romeo was wonderful.

Lets go to Amsterdam at the end of this month.

O yes, I bought the stick. Very nice, very nice. 8 songs, the others to download. I have just registered but the songs are not yet available.

Good luck to MK and all of you. Get Lucky!

Hans

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 09:43:56 AM »
Sorry, David, I do realise that I am one of the lucky ones, but when I read that MK was certainly not "himself" last night I actually felt, for the first time,  that there was a real possibility he may not complete this tour, due to his health problems.   I think we need to remember that he is no longer young and cannot do those long shows anymore.   I hope you will have a great time at your concerts.   :)  
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 09:50:35 AM »
To all: Don't worry too much. It was a great show, it rocked, MK was in a good mood, he actually waved before the start to some of us on front row, he smiled a lot. The show rocked, the audience was pretty loud, and it was f...g hot. And some idiots were filming again, so the finger of death was pointing twice to the same person. That may have annoyed MK, after starting in a very good mood!

Especially John and Mike were suffering a lot from the heat, they play, drip drip drip, lot of sweat on the floor, keep on playing ... drip drip drip ... and so on. This was the first time I saw them using the towels a lot. MK didn't have to much sweat, so it could be that that was the problem, as long as you are sweating you cool down yourself a little.

MK stood up for a standing end of Speedway (excellent!!)

The show had a short setlist, 14 songs only but still lasted 1 hour 50 minutes.

Hopefully the airco tonight in Frankfurt is a little better ;-)

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 09:56:20 AM »
Thanks ingridswing for reassuring us. Panicking is so uncool  :(
About the airconditioning in the Festhalle, well, I wouldn't be too sure about it  ;D
By the way, don't get stuck in a traffic jam again  :) Have a save trip. See you tonight!

Rollergirl

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 10:03:13 AM »

Especially John and Mike were suffering a lot from the heat, they play, drip drip drip, lot of sweat on the floor, keep on playing ... drip drip drip ... and so on.

They should start using head and wrist bands!  ;D

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 10:09:19 AM »
I will tell them when I catch them  ;D

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 10:35:27 AM »
What a great setlist !   ;D
Shorter but much more rocking. Perfect deal.  :)

I understand the tour is becoming very long and exhausting for Mark.
That's sad  and a bit worrying :'(
It's "only" the middle of the tour.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 11:00:26 AM »
Shame we didn't get Why Aye Man and Cleaning My Gun in London instead of Praire Wedding and Coyote.  ::)

Mark can't please everybody.

Myself was happy with the London setlist especially that Mark dug Coyote out and gave it new life. Even Prairie Wedding that is far from being my prefered one on the STP album sounded really nice this year at the RAH
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 11:04:27 AM »
"Coyote" is the highlight of the tour for me, but I heard a fantastic "CMG"  in Dublin!    :D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010, 11:57:45 AM »
Yeah, also what is so great about this is that after these little set list changes you are able to buy different shows on Simfylive.com and really have
official recordings from all those songs. I might be able to add Why Aye Man and Cleaning My Gun now to the already great London recording. This way I hopefully will have perfect recordings of some other set list changers as well, hopefully of Get Lucky or so ... I am very willing to buy those complete shows for one or two new songs!  8)

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2010, 12:05:57 PM »
I'm not sure CMG has really worked properly yet, but Coyote has had time to develop into a real highlight for me too.

One thing I don't understand is that when the band/MK know that fans attend multiple shows at The RAH they give us almost identical set list's, yet right after their stint they change it!  Not very fair. ???
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKSE

• Guitar George
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2010, 12:13:27 PM »
Meanwhile the encores download is available from the Simfy website.
Download is approximately 144MB.

Why Aye Man, Cleaning My Gun, Hill Farmer's Blues (which were already on the USB stick) are also in te zip file. Maybe some extra mixing or something?
In the Flash player the songs 9 to 14 are listed as "Encores".

Love Expresso

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2010, 12:16:25 PM »
One thing I don't understand is that when the band/MK know that fans attend multiple shows at The RAH they give us almost identical set list's, yet right after their stint they change it!  Not very fair. Huh?

That is because Mark doesn't care for his fans! And that is not meant in an offensive way. It is what it is. He only cares for his fun and the fun of the band. And when this fun is felt by and jumps over to the audience, it is all he wants to achieve. Took me long to understand this but now that I am older and wiser I understand him. OK, all those disciples come up and beat me and tell me that touring with 60 is much more caring than bla bla bla....  :P

BTW, I am listening to the London 30.05.10 download and must admit that those long talkative passages go onto my nerves a little bit and that I skip them... He could have played just one complete more song during these 6 or 8 minutes he talks during that gig in complete... Hello, just kiddin'...  ;)

LE

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2010, 12:25:31 PM »
One thing I don't understand is that when the band/MK know that fans attend multiple shows at The RAH they give us almost identical set list's, yet right after their stint they change it!  Not very fair. Huh?

That is because Mark doesn't care for his fans! And that is not meant in an offensive way. It is what it is. He only cares for his fun and the fun of the band. And when this fun is felt by and jumps over to the audience, it is all he wants to achieve. Took me long to understand this but now that I am older and wiser I understand him. OK, all those disciples come up and beat me and tell me that touring with 60 is much more caring than bla bla bla....  :P

BTW, I am listening to the London 30.05.10 download and must admit that those long talkative passages go onto my nerves a little bit and that I skip them... He could have played just one complete more song during these 6 or 8 minutes he talks during that gig in complete... Hello, just kiddin'...  ;)

LE

I kind of understand that. Mark tours because he likes it and plays what he wants. If this touring was just pleasing the fans he would have stopped the thing a while ago. Ah, that last sentence is crap language, but maybe you understand me.

Silvertown

Love Expresso

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2010, 12:32:22 PM »
Yeah. How could you as an artist care for your fans anyway, I mean in an honest manner? There are millions of them, who should he care for? Only CD buyers, or concert goers, only women? Or only those who are organized in forums? Or those who at least attend 10 shows on every tour? Think you got my point... As long as he is happy with what he is doing, the fans will benefit. Therefore it is logical to me to skip the meet & greets, let people stand in the rain outside the venue and pass them in a black limousine and point to those who dare to take pics...

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 46 queries.