Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dire Fakes - Boom Boom Club, Sutton 06 Aug 2010  (Read 4554 times)

OfflineJon

• Local Hero
    • Dire Fakes Website
Dire Fakes - Boom Boom Club, Sutton 06 Aug 2010
« on: June 09, 2010, 06:05:23 PM »
Here I am again, shamelessly plugging the Fakes.

After what seems like a small eternity, I am pleased to announce that Dire Fakes will be playing at Sutton's famous Boom Boom Club on August 6th 2010.  We will be featuring most of the usual suspects - Tunnel, Telegraph, Sultans etc. - along with one or two more obscure tracks.

Live music in many smaller venues is really suffering with the recession at the moment & we've been quite badly affected by this, so it would be great if some AMITers could come along.  It's a good opportunity to hear a few Straits songs that you may never hear live again from MK himself.  If you do come along, please pop over & say 'hello'.  We're quite friendly really, even the drummer! 

Please visit our website for more information (once I've updated it).

Hope to see some (lots) of you there.

Jon

OfflineJon

• Local Hero
    • Dire Fakes Website
Re: Dire Fakes - Boom Boom Club, Sutton 06 Aug 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 04:21:04 PM »
I don't know if any AMITers made it last night, but a massive thank you from all the band to those that did!  We had a fantastic night, a great audience and our largest turnout yet at The Boom Boom.

Thanks again & see you soon.

Rollergirl

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 04:31:17 PM »
nice to hear!

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:05:38 AM »
Yes, we were there, and had the centre table at the front. Was a most enjoyable show, except for the amount of talking that was going on at the back of the house - quite spoilt the quieter moments. I guess some people just use the Boom Boom as a pub, not terribly bothered about who's performing.

The set list seemed identical to the last time you played Boom Boom - any chance you could introduce one or two MK solo numbers - What It Is for instance?

Anyway, a great time had by all.

OfflineJon

• Local Hero
    • Dire Fakes Website
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 01:15:00 AM »
Well there was a bit more talking in the quiet bits than we're used to, but it was nice to have the place pretty full. 

It honestly wasn't the same set as last time, although there are quite a few numbers that people expect us to play and we try to cover most of them.  Playing something more obscure means dropping one of the 'big numbers', although we do try to feature some of the less obvious tracks.  We might well add some MK solo stuff down the line - it's something we've been discussing recently.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it on the whole and we'll hopefully have one or two surprises next time we're there.  Hope to see you then.

Cheers

Jon

Love Expresso

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 07:10:53 AM »
Funny, now you face the same setlist-question-stress as Mark and Guy do....  :lol

just kiddin...

LE

OfflineJon

• Local Hero
    • Dire Fakes Website
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 06:15:16 PM »
Haha, I guess we do.   ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 40 queries.