Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #52:2010.06.16, O2 World, Hamburg, Germany  (Read 12393 times)

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
Re: Concert #52:2010.06.16, O2 World, Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 09:55:43 AM »
Hamburg, O2 Arena

2010-06-16

setlist:
101. Intro Theme
102. Border Reiver
103. What It Is
104. Sailing To Philadelphia
105. Coyote
106. MK talking
107. Prairie Wedding
108. Hill Farmer's Blues
109. Romeo And Juliet
110. Sultans Of Swing
111. Band Introduction

201. Done With Bonaparte
202. Marbletown
203. Get Lucky
204. Speedway At Nazareth
205. Telegraph Road
206. Brothers In Arms
207. So Far Away
208. audience
209. Piper To The End

Nice 2 CD editon setlist, thanks for the info.

Seems to me there must be an audience recording out there and so soon after the gig. Many thanks Manillo!
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 11:20:35 AM »
Goldenheart, MK talked me into sleep! All the same words again. Nice show but absolutely standard. The only extra ordinary was right at the beginning of SFA when i guess Rich lost power and the band played a loop. MK was relaxed and smiled but had to wait for his start. Also funny after Marbletown he said he needs to practice. Marbletown was very good! Tonight Hannover...

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 11:32:05 AM »
Seems to me there must be an audience recording out there and so soon after the gig. Many thanks Manillo!

You guessed right, http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=308915
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Love Expresso

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 11:39:58 AM »
Can't agree. For me, this was one of my best shows. (Only second on this tour, 15th altogether since 1991, so I am not in this exclusive club of 10 GL-shows onwards...) Mark was in a very good, no, excellent mood, never saw him smiling so often. The interaction between the band members is really awesome!! Never noticed it that much, maybe it was because I had first row tickets for the first time. The whole show was really absolutely stunning. I understood the beginning of SFA as a "play" with the audience, because of their clapping they had this "loop"? The versions of STP, Coyote, Marbletown were longer than at my only other show, London first night, longer and better. Mark was really into soloing.  I am still absolutely stunned and full of this energy. Somebody told me about two little mistakes he found in WII and SOS, and I came to the conclusion that this is a poor way of judging a concert: It is not a construction, something scientific or technical, it is all about FEELING. And I had the feeling that MK
was, although a little tired looking, really into it! He tried some new things during Telegraph Road, and Sultans was really great, I could not stay on my seat after that - the same with Isaac, who was sitting left of me! Isaac was really into it, too, it seemed. I thought maybe it is a good decision not to attend too many shows because some people seem to get ... used to the very high quality standard and that is a pity. This was a shared musical experience in the best meaning of the word. Therefore I cannot complain about the setlist, because this setlist really works great! Seeing John playing guitar on Coyote is worth the money alone. I am sure I said that after London and I am sure of this more than ever...

The Hamburg audience was really great, very often there was cheering and clapping, sometimes in the typical German way, but who cares, and not only because Mark called it "This very beautiful town". MK seemed to like the audience reaction, and so the whole band did. It seemed Mike had some flute sound problems during GL (again?), and during that song I thought that it indeed would have been better to see John play this - as he did on the album.

So, this was it for me. I love him more than ever, never thought of a blast like this. MK has it still, if the download is ready, I`ll get it and will have my new soundtrack for the next months.

Sultans, oh my god! How can anybody be so cool and say: Well, there was a little mistake at that and that - I can`t understand! Really! He blew that venue! One guy wanted to shake his hand, (wasn`t me)
and the security pushed him back slightly... MK seemed not to see that. I saw Guy saying "WOW" during Marbletown because John and Mike were going somewhere new and did not stop. Mark seemed busy
keeping up with them.
His singing during Piper to the End was really good and touching. I am not an autograph/rudiger/signature/guitar type of man, but after this show, I swear I would have been lucky to have this towel! This
evening will be in my mind for the rest of my life for sure. If I will never attend any more MK show, that would be ok because I have seen him yesterday.

Amen!

LE, from a internet cafe in Hamburg, so no chance of getting a reply from me before tomorrow...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 12:25:55 PM »

Security was strict, we were told not to knock on the stage with our hands after the "stage rush" during TR. And I was approached by a very nice James Bond villain type of security guy with an East German accent (sorry buddy, your accent ruins your authority) who told me to stop taking pictures.

PC did mention on site to take a copy of the policy with you to avoid such bad experience.
(Don't forget to make a translation in case of)

So that way you can put hit under security nose and make him feel like an idiot, but better still is to clear off the situation with them before the start of the show.

BTW yesterday setlist is to date my prefered one of that tour.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:28:55 PM by ds1984 »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 12:02:59 AM »
lol, at the beginning of TR, there is a mobie phone ringing (on the audience rec.)
and the guy actually picks up and goes "what, ..i am in hamburg, at a concert....i am in hamburg, at a mark knopfler concert,..what?"
some people....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 01:36:29 AM »
Thats the funniest part of the audience recordings. I used to laught out loud when listening the Valencia 83 recording with what the people was telling during the show  :lol
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 03:05:49 PM »
Yes sometimes people behave a strange way in concert.

You wan tto be nice, you act nice and in the end you feel like a sucker.

I remember a 2002 show at Shepherd's Bush.

I was standing at the back of the venue just upstairs.

Someone behind me, shorter than me, asked to go in front of me because he could hardly see the show.

As there was stairway in front of me and from where I was standing I did not mind to be 1 row back I let him pass.

HUGE mistake!

The very first thing he did once in front of me was to switch his phone "on" and put in hand up straigh in front my face  to share with his distants friends the show without any consideration to others people attending!

So thank to this little a..hole next time someone I don't know ask me to be nice with him I will think twice before answering "yes - of course no problem".
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »
why the "hello" from mark 24 seconds into What it is??
was he fingerofdeathpointing at someone??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »
Hi, Pottel,
I did not see him pointing to anybody, at least not directly in front of the stage. Miriam told me about some security telling someone to put the camera down. However, Isaac, sitting left of me, was waving to the stage somewhere at the beginning of the show, must have been during the first two or three songs. So maybe MK indeed greeted Isaac with this "Hello"? Isaac never would write about it in his blog I am sure.

There was a guy running to the stage and wanted to shake Marks hand, he was pushed away by security, but that was after "Sultans". You can hear
him on the recording, saying "Mr. Knopfler...".

LE

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 02:02:43 PM »
why the "hello" from mark 24 seconds into What it is??
was he fingerofdeathpointing at someone??

Yes, MK saw someone filming right at the beginning of WII and pointed somehow to that person. But he had to play the intro as well...therefore the hello.
MK always checks the first rows when coming on stage and when he can spot a kid he waves to the boy or girl. That's all. Some might think he would greet them... ;-)

Upps...boarding.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 42 queries.