Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dire Straits - On every street tour Live at Basel  (Read 14301 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Dire Straits - On every street tour Live at Basel
« on: August 06, 2010, 10:13:51 PM »
I seem to remember sometime around 1993-1994 when I was living at home with my parents that one Christmas there was a televised concert on 'channel 4' of Dire Straits 'live from Basle'  during the OES tour and this concert included Sultans and Telegraph road which in my opinion were sadly missed on the 'On the night' live video/DVD.

I am after a copy if someone has a copy and is good enough to copy it onto DVD for me and I will pay all expenses to achieve this..

Cheers
Steve
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineolazabalrok

• Camerado
  • don't burn the pig

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: Dire Straits - On every street tour Live at Basel
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:11:37 AM »
http://tracker.knopflertk.net/torrents-details.php?id=1231&page=0

Yes, it's on the tracker but if you're not set up for torrents I'll sort you out with a copy. Brilliant gig, so much better than On the Night.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 06:53:16 PM »
http://tracker.knopflertk.net/torrents-details.php?id=1231&page=0

Yes, it's on the tracker but if you're not set up for torrents I'll sort you out with a copy. Brilliant gig, so much better than On the Night.

No I am not set up for torrents but I really appreciate you doing a copy for me.. Please PM me on how you wish to do proceedings....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 08:47:05 PM »
Moved house yesterday so my shit is all over the place, give me a little while to get organised and I'll get it done.  :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 09:03:01 PM »
Moved house yesterday so my shit is all over the place, give me a little while to get organised and I'll get it done.  :)

No rush whatsoever, many thanks in advance... :)

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
Hi,

I have PM's you my address if you still want me to do you a copy  ;D
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 10:07:35 PM »
Hi,

I have PM's you my address if you still want me to do you a copy  ;D

Yes recieved your PM and I have PM'd you back. DV no need to worry now as Fordie has indeed come to the rescue. Thankyou to all concerned...

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »
Hi, I have received your disc this morning thanks!

Just before I do you a copy I was just checking my copy and it is a very good version but I think the original source must have been on video (VHS). Although I think it's perfectly ok you may think otherwise. It is from a tv broadcast which was in 4:3. Is this ok with you for me to go ahead?
Fordie

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 06:05:11 PM »
Hi, I have received your disc this morning thanks!

Just before I do you a copy I was just checking my copy and it is a very good version but I think the original source must have been on video (VHS). Although I think it's perfectly ok you may think otherwise. It is from a tv broadcast which was in 4:3. Is this ok with you for me to go ahead?

That is perfectly fine and I'm very grateful for you doing me copy Ben!!

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 08:43:52 PM »
Ive re-watched this concert and agree it is a very good concert indeed and really captures a "typical" concert of the On Every Street era...and ive come to a very personal conclusion, which im not sure many other forumists would agree with...

Sultans....yes the extended arrangement with the sax is a bit pants and does go on a bit but i really would love to hear Mark perform Sultans with a Pensa - you know?  He makes his noodling look effortless - like he could do it all day and i know not all of you agree - but i really like the Pensa sound and would love to hear Sultans performed with this today - leave the MK signature strat in the cupboard and unleash this beast......TR is not enough for this mighty guitar....
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 11:43:42 PM »
Ive re-watched this concert and agree it is a very good concert indeed and really captures a "typical" concert of the On Every Street era...and ive come to a very personal conclusion, which im not sure many other forumists would agree with...

Sultans....yes the extended arrangement with the sax is a bit pants and does go on a bit but i really would love to hear Mark perform Sultans with a Pensa - you know?  He makes his noodling look effortless - like he could do it all day and i know not all of you agree - but i really like the Pensa sound and would love to hear Sultans performed with this today - leave the MK signature strat in the cupboard and unleash this beast......TR is not enough for this mighty guitar....

schmonka, as a guitarist myself I agree with practically all your comments espeically the very pants 'sax' part which I cannot stand at all.... but to be honest as a Fender man I must disagree with the 'pensa' comment.

This is purely a personal comment but when Mark started 'solo' in 1996 the Pensa suited his playing then espeically as he was fresh in our minds as the lead guitarist from Dire Straits albeit with more rootsy material but over time he has become to me a Stratocaster king and therefore for him to play a pensa now would seem very strange to me.

I also think at the end of the day for the 'OES' tour the Pensa's sound was set up very well for the big arena's they played at the time and I would bet my bottom dollar that Mark could achieve the same if not better sound with his trusty 'signature' strat now and in my opinion does.....

Still I like a lot of people would watch him play any 'old' guitar just so long as he is playing it!!!

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 10:23:37 AM »
Yeah I have said it many times before that Mark was on top of his game in this tour! If you look at loads of stuff on youtube you will find Mark was mindblowing on so many of the songs he performed..... The Sultan, Telegraph Road and TOL solos are out of this world and I'm afraid to say it but I prefer these versions to the Alchemy ones :) only just mind.

Mark had progressed so much as a guitarist since the 10 year gap of Alchemy and it was done so flawlessly.

Saying that Alchemy is just out of this world too but you know what I mean
Fordie

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 10:39:59 AM »
I really agree - MK was really on top of things with this tour - the playing was mindblowing!
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »
Yeah I have said it many times before that Mark was on top of his game in this tour! If you look at loads of stuff on youtube you will find Mark was mindblowing on so many of the songs he performed..... The Sultan, Telegraph Road and TOL solos are out of this world and I'm afraid to say it but I prefer these versions to the Alchemy ones :) only just mind.

Mark had progressed so much as a guitarist since the 10 year gap of Alchemy and it was done so flawlessly.

Saying that Alchemy is just out of this world too but you know what I mean

With grateful thanks to fordie, I have the said 'Basle' concert on in the background as I'm typing (Sultans at mo!) and it is literally out of this world.
When I first saw this concert on tv I was 19 and Mark was and still is my Guitar Hero along with Hank Marvin.
And I can now see why that Mark's phenomenal playing in this concert made me want to pick up a Stratocaster and learn to play!!! Just listen to The bug, Sultans, TR & Brothers to see what I mean!!
This concert leaves 'Alchemy' in the shade but we have to remember all the years difference and how the recording equipment and guitar sounds had moved on between those years. 'Alchemy' is still a gem in my eyes and 'Live in Basle' is just awesome!!

Thanks to Fordie once again!! you are a true 'Knopfler' friend!!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 38 queries.