Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dire Straits - On every street tour Live at Basel  (Read 14299 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Dire Straits - On every street tour Live at Basel
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2010, 10:57:11 AM »
Yeah, back in the 90's you could really see that he smoked too much cigarettes. The same at the Wembley-Mandela-gig... Nowadays he really looks healthy, well and .... fanciable...  (had to use LEO to understand what is meant by that term...  ::))

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2010, 11:00:27 AM »
 ;D :lol :lol
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2010, 01:25:13 PM »
Yesterday evening I played Sultans from both Nimes and Basel, followed by the version from "A Night in London".   Regarding Nimes versus Basel, Basel won hands down!   I found the Nimes version to have some glitches here and there, whereas the Basel version was just about flawless and I enjoyed the general performance much more anyway.  The atmosphere was better at Basel too.  I think, though, that both of these sound a bit dated now with the sax giving them a very 80's feel!  

Next I played Sultans from "A Night in London"  and it is amazing how much slower this version is to the other two, when played back-to-back,  but no less wonderful, so, for me, the speed or energy, whatever you like to call it,  doesn't matter one bit, it is the accuracy that counts.   It's no good playing fast or energetic if the notes are in the wrong order, LOL!  

These days, even though I loved the other performances, it is the four-piece version that I enjoy most, especially those from 2010.

Oh, another thing - MK is so much more fanciable these days - he has aged very well indeed!   :P

Val - did you feel the Pensa sound made a difference?  I loved it during the OES tour - but i think im in the minority.....
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »
Hi Schmonka, At the time of the Basel concert, just like you, I really loved SOS played on the Pensa and it would be interesting to hear it played again with the Pensa and the four-piece band, just as a comparison with the Strat.  I'm certainly no expert on these things - I just know what I like at the time!   I'm quite happy with the sound of the Strat at the moment, though!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 40 queries.