Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Anyone else confused by the Shangri-La album?  (Read 7592 times)

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
Re: Anyone else confused by the Shangri-La album?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 10:13:52 PM »
I think STP is Mark's best record (my 2nd favorite is definitely GL)! MK records don't have a 'concept theme' in general, although some have a kind of a central atmosphere (like KTGC and TRD). For me, STP works more as an album than KTGC. KTGC is too much of the same 'feeling', not the same songs (it contains some brilliant songs), SL has some songs that really sounds similar.. I like the variation on records like STP and GL. I think there isn't really any song on STP that's weak or shouldn't have been released on it.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 11:02:27 PM »
Atmosphere is a good word. You can tell Sgt. Pepper has the same "atmosphere", same with Dark Side of the Moon or Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Sailing to Philadelphia, not so much. Lots of great tracks though. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 01:35:01 PM »
STP is definitely the best as far as I'm concerned, it's just a damned good record. The styles vary, but I think the songs go very well together, the song order well thought-out. I think that GH is more dramatic in its varying styles in that sense.

SL is just a bore to me. Why was Summer of Love left out, it would have been the best track!? I like the title track and songs like Tupelo, which is fine, but in the end it just kills my spirit. Gimme RPD with its wonderful grooves any day of the week.

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2010, 08:00:13 PM »

As with all CD's there are songs you like, but there are also songs you want to hear over and over again, even after listening hundreds of times! All the CD's have favourite songs for me and that is why it is hard to say which CD is the best!

The CD Get Lucky has only 1 or 2 songs who are not as good, but the rest are great! That is why I think I have to choose GL as best album! ;D

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 38 queries.