Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark his music is healing.  (Read 2738 times)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Mark his music is healing.
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:14:03 PM »
The beginning of a very sad story starts here. 2 months ago, I heard that my aunt has a brain tumor. At the moment I heard it, i didn`t know what to say or think. It was really terrible to hear that, someone you love has such a horrible thing! From that moment I searched for every song Mark ever made and dumped it on my ipod. I also started writing songs, that helped a lot too. The thing is I want to say, Mark music helps me a lot. I can`t describe how much influence Mark has in my daily life. If there ever is a day that Mark will read this I can only say: Thank you Mark. So that was another little ''MK'' story from me.

Lars
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Re: Mark his music is healing.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 06:24:21 AM »
Sorry to hear about your aunt.  I  have personally experienced the healing power of Mark's music.  It happened in 2008 when I saw Mark in concert for the first time  in my life after about 25 some years of knowing of him and DS.  Too long to go into details, but my life has never been the same again after that night.  It was like I've reached an enlightenment of some kind.  I'm forever indebted to him.  It sounds crazy but I've stopped listening to anybody else except Mark's .  His music is a constant reminder of who I am and what I can strive to be.   Those 2 hours during GL tour were like being in heaven for me.  I never never wanted it to end.  So, Mark and his music is absolutely healing to the soul and comfort to the heart.  ;)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 09:48:42 AM »
Sorry to hear about your aunt.  I  have personally experienced the healing power of Mark's music.  It happened in 2008 when I saw Mark in concert for the first time  in my life after about 25 some years of knowing of him and DS.  Too long to go into details, but my life has never been the same again after that night.  It was like I've reached an enlightenment of some kind.  I'm forever indebted to him.  It sounds crazy but I've stopped listening to anybody else except Mark's .  His music is a constant reminder of who I am and what I can strive to be.   Those 2 hours during GL tour were like being in heaven for me.  I never never wanted it to end.  So, Mark and his music is absolutely healing to the soul and comfort to the heart.  ;)
We all feel the same about Marks music I think!:D I went to Amsterdam in 2008, and I saw them walking on stage and just couldn`t believe that they were standing nearly in front of me haha ;D
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Rollergirl

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
Music is a powerful thing.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 06:11:58 PM »
Funny in that when my Grandmother died a few years ago, I couldn't listen to Mark's music for about two week's because I didn't want it to be associated with the bad times I was experiencing.  No MK fot almost a fortnight!  I don't know how I managed that now looking back! :disbelief :disbelief
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 06:40:40 PM »
Are you feeling better now, dmg?   I hope so!   :D    Were you able to listen to MK when you were ill?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:44:40 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 07:39:33 PM »
People are telling me I'm getting back to my old self again but I still don't feel 100% and my doctor said it could take 6  - 8 weeks, which is now six weeks. I still feel that I have to concentrate very hard in order to do some simple task's like compose these thing's (!).  I'm actually forgetting how to spell and my punctuation too so please forgive.

Also, I have an appointment to keep at the hospital for a chest x-ray so it's not over yet!  But I took my personal stereo to hospital with me when I had my little visit last month.

Thank-you for your concern.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:34:46 PM by dmg »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »
I hope all goes well for you with the x-ray and that you will soon be feeling fit and well again!   Don't worry about punctuation and spelling, health comes first!    ;)   I prescribe lots and lots of MK!   ;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:47:00 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »
Off to the pharmacy now for my prescription doctor Val! ;)

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 05:46:31 AM »
Mark's music is much much more powerful than any prescription medicines.  You can overdose yourself and be garanteed no side effects.  It's addicting though and the withdrawn syndrome is hard to cope with.   :lol

Rollergirl

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 09:40:19 AM »
Off to the pharmacy now for my prescription doctor Val! ;)

No, not pharmacy, CD shelf! I didn't know you were poorly. Glad to hear you are on the mend!

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 10:15:15 PM »
Dear Lars, I am sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope help for her won
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 42 queries.