Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Is this Take That at British Grove?  (Read 12371 times)

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
Is this Take That at British Grove?
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »
Hi all,

Just browsing YouTube and you know what it's like being a knopfler fan, anyway I came across this and I'm sure it's British Grove studios, what do you think?

I know it's not important but the amount of stars who all seem to be recording at Mark's studios is amazing now.

Most recently Jamie Cullam stated it was the best studio around and similar comments from James Blunt.

Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Is this Take That at British Grove?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:34:49 PM »
lol, just posted it on guy's forum
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 11:36:08 PM »
Yep,its deffo BG,I went there before the Hurlingham gig last year - if you didnt know what you were looking for you'd pass it without noticing - maybe thats why its so popular with the stars :o :o
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Love Expresso

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 11:43:33 PM »
The sacred and profane....

LE

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 11:57:13 PM »
This is pretty cool, whatever you think about Take That (and I know Waterline Man is a big fan) they are the biggest act in the UK just now by a long way, I'm quite sure their new album will be the biggest of the year here.

Seems British Grove has a real reputation as the place to be. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 04:01:26 AM »
I must confess that I quite like Take That this time round lol, I never did when they first come out but no matter what you think, Gary Barlow has an excellent voice and is a pretty good song writer as is Robbie Williams. Oops enough of that now ;) You must appreciate where it's due IMO!

Let's hope there is some space for Mark to start recording again :D
Fordie

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 12:08:32 PM »
It seems that British Grove is built in a quite anonymous place. I went there in January (I was actually going to see Michael Jackson, which, of course, did not happen), and when I was 100 meters from the studio I asked an elderly man who was out on a walk if he knew where it was. He had no idea, but he thought that there was some kind of a recording studio in the end of the street we were standing in... He was right  :) Luckily enough, Mark was at the studio that day. First I saw Glenn Saggers in the window, and suddendly Mark, his PA Robyn Becker and a little boy came out the front door. It seemed that Mark showed them the way to something, cause he was pointing down the street. Then he smiled and waved to us, before Robyn Becker told us that he was busy, and that we shouldn't be waiting for him... It was anyway a great experience, and I felt really lucky just to get a glimps of him at his studio :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:21:37 PM by Jarle »
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 03:49:43 PM »
It seems that British Grove is built in a quite anonymous place. I went there in January (I was actually going to see Michael Jackson, which, of course, did not happen), and when I was 100 meters from the studio I asked an elderly man who was out on a walk if he knew where it was. He had no idea, but he thought that there was some kind of a recording studio in the end of the street we were standing in... He was right  :) Luckily enough, Mark was at the studio that day. First I saw Glenn Saggers in the window, and suddendly Mark, his PA Robyn Becker and a little boy came out the front door. It seemed that Mark showed them the way to something, cause he was pointing down the street. Then he smiled and waved to us, before Robyn Becker told us that he was busy, and that we shouldn't be waiting for him... It was anyway a great experience, and I felt really lucky just to get a glimps of him at his studio :)
This is pretty cool, whatever you think about Take That (and I know Waterline Man is a big fan) they are the biggest act in the UK just now by a long way, I'm quite sure their new album will be the biggest of the year here.

Seems British Grove has a real reputation as the place to be. :)

Yeah thats strange,the same thing happened to me,I asked these guys who worked accross the lane from the studio & they said that they didnt know what was there but that they often saw some people outside the door with musical instruments - I never knew the British secret service had offices there ::) ::) :o

& Dusty believe it or not, I've seen Phil Collins as well :o :o :o Take that tickets went on sale here last week for their gigs next year -
If it aint broke dont fix it!

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 04:50:02 PM »
God knows how the place it bloody massive :)

Seriously I went there purposely too and you would never know it was there.  I took some pics on my phone but was just hoping that Mark would pop his head out the window :)
Fordie

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »
Chaps - im not trying to be funny when i say this - but to all of you who have been to British Grove 'just in the hope of catching a glimpse of MK' - isnt it a bit R
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 06:34:25 PM »
Chaps - im not trying to be funny when i say this - but to all of you who have been to British Grove 'just in the hope of catching a glimpse of MK' - isnt it a bit R
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:38:16 PM by Jarle »
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Love Expresso

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 07:34:04 PM »
This is a nice story, Jarle, congratulations  :D ! And definitely a story that you should have told us immediately after it had  happened. This is exactly the stuff we all want to hear. :o  Isn't it?  ???

What strikes me most is the fact that he was obviously smiling. I think it's hard these days to get an image of him - smiling?

A little jealous...

R

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »
What strikes me most is the fact that he was obviously smiling. I think it's hard these days to get an image of him - smiling?

R
Goin' into Tow Law....

Rollergirl

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 07:50:06 PM »
I am with Schmonka on this one, seems a strange thing to do to me, but there no harm in it I suppose
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:28:34 PM by Rollergirl »

Love Expresso

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 07:56:42 PM »
I would love to be there and suddenly the door opens and HE comes out...

I work in a book shop, and once I read that MK had been on holidays with Kitty in the Netherlands, which is not more than 30 kilometers away from my place of work. So I thought wow, maybe they got lost and need a travel map - what if he would come in through this door and asking for one...  :lol :lol :lol :lol Probably they would have done so at my day off...

I then realized how very sick that thought alone was and decided not to tell anybody about it. Until today...  ;D

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 46 queries.