Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: What is gonna be the next??  (Read 4709 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: What is gonna be the next??
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 10:31:33 AM »
Hi LE,   That was another thought that crossed my mind.   MK could be changing direction in a big way!   He is getting older and maybe there is something left inside him that he wants to do, before he's much older - get it out of his system!   I do hope Guy is included in this though.    btw, I don't fancy a DS reunion and I don't think that's in his mind - that would be going back and MK always moves forward.  :)

Another thought about Guy - maybe he's known for some time that a change may be coming and that's the reason for his own blossoming solo career.  Also he's doing a lot of work with his son Max and his band these days.   All just speculation though!   ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:36:33 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 10:34:23 AM »
Geez, I really think he's just taking a break. Thinking back it's kind of amazing that he went right back into the studio after the KTGC tour. He only had a few months off at the end of 2006, then straight into the recording and release of KTGC, then the tour, then right into the studio, release and tour again! Best part of four years with no break, for a man in his late 50s/early 60s.

And the amazing thing is that the quality of the work didn't suffer (well, KTGC was below par, but just my opinion).

He really deserves a break, but I'm quite sure he'll be back, he'll probably start recording again at some point next year.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 10:39:45 AM »
You are probably right, dusty!    I really hope so!   :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:37:08 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 03:43:40 PM »
I definitely think MK will continue to write and record.  He also has said how much he loves to be on the road and perform live, so I think there will be another tour.  I am just getting these vibes that something is different with Guy now, and the lack of information is driving me NUTS.  Time will tell .... ???
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Love Expresso

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 04:11:15 PM »
Just to put things right (he he he):
I never implied with any of my posts that MK would NOT make music until he falls over. I strongly believe so. However, what I wanted to say is that he
could consider to change the style of work: maybe another band, another routine. Maybe with, maybe without Guy. I really dream of a "real" solo album from MK, which would mean, really solo, just the man and his guitar(s), with a lot of solos... (sorry, couldn't resist...  :D).

I do not fear that we will never hear anything again from him... I am sure 2012 will see another MK tour. This way or the other.... The olympic games start at July 27th, everything could be done by then - just look at his usual touring schedule!

LE

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »
I don't wanna sound like I don't want another album because any fan would be mental to suggest such a thing. I do however think it'll be a great chance for Mark to have a break and maybe do another album in 2012 or something. The gap will give Mark a chance to regenerate his energy and maybe do some other stuff rather than stick to the trend of late. Just my opinion mind, hell sod it let's have an album immediately ;)
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 12:31:48 AM »
Hi everyone!

Well, first of all, I feel optimistic. When it comes to Mark's health issues, I can't see any big problem. He had a back injury during the spring, but hey, he was getting better, almost healed at the end of the tour. As far as I know, this isn't something he must live with, he will, and probably have had a full recovery. When I look at the picture of him and his wife at the book release a few weeks ago, I don't see a sick man. He looks both happy and healthy, in which I am sure he is... Mark did also have an motorcycle accident in 2003, but that didn't stop him from getting back on the horse... So, first problem solved.

When it comes to Guy's messages I have learned that there is not allways much to learn from them. They dosen't say much. However, I have allways thought that Mark is a "if something works and is good, it works and it's good" person. He has been working with Guy since 1983, and I would be surprised if this was the time to change their collaboration. I even got a feeling that Guy has been more involved than ever on the GL tour, picking setlists, etc. Maybe this has always been his job. I don't know... However, Guy might of course starting to get tired of this, so it might not be up to Mark.

I agree that it is too quiet these days, but I don't se any reason why that should mean that something is gonna change. Maybe they start in December? Or February? There is no rule...

I have also had in mind that a Dire Straits thing might happen, given the fact that many of the old band members seem to appear again on different occasions. New webpages, etc... However, due to the fact that Mark, as far as I know, wasn't to happy with the "Dire Straits" gig some of the members had in Italia a few months ago, I would be a bit surprised if it happend...

Well... That's some of my thoughts on the situation  :)

J

It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Love Expresso

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 11:08:49 AM »
Thanks, Jarle, interesting post.
Blimey, it contains a totally new aspect: Guy himself could be tired of all this and quit from his own... wow, I really never thought of it in this way!
Not sure if that is something I should be proud of... :lol :lol

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 42 queries.