Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK's neighbor  (Read 22104 times)

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
Re: MK's neighbor
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2011, 11:03:14 PM »
Ha ha ha.
No, I didn't.

Off to listen to one of my favourite albums, Fleetwood Mac's RUMOURS. ;)

Am I missing something???????? :o :o
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Jackal

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2011, 11:25:25 PM »
Ha ha ha.
No, I didn't.

Just a little running joke about US English spelling vs British English spelling (-or vs -our). Other than that, I heard that Lennon was killed.

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 12:18:32 AM »
Ha ha ha.
No, I didn't.

Just a little running joke about US English spelling vs British English spelling (-or vs -our). Other than that, I heard that Lennon was killed.

What about the Irish version ::) ::)Yeah,tough one on Lennon,heard he's the second one of the Stones to snuff it ::) ::) ;)

Jackal

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 07:58:08 AM »
Ha ha ha.
No, I didn't.

What about the Irish version ::) ::)Yeah,tough one on Lennon,heard he's the second one of the Stones to snuff it ::) ::) ;)

Dunno about Irish spelling, but in terms of pronunciation, it is like Scottish except the Scots roll their *arse*  :o

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 11:42:26 AM »
Ha ha ha.
No, I didn't.

May I be so bould as to suggest that you drop the "British" from "British English" as English is English but American English is a variation on it.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 05:35:23 PM »
Slow it down a bit, i am only familiar with Grenglish. And yes Rumours  is a fine piece of recorded music. It still makes my day, eventhough i kind of overheard it back in the nineties and it is hard to feel the same chills i was feeling. Do you have the same trouble with the records you love?
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 05:58:08 PM »
Slow it down a bit, i am only familiar with Grenglish. And yes Rumours  is a fine piece of recorded music. It still makes my day, eventhough i kind of overheard it back in the nineties and it is hard to feel the same chills i was feeling. Do you have the same trouble with the records you love?

I find I can stop listening for a year or whatever and then still enjoy it when I hear it again. But yes, nothing like finding a piece of music you love and overplaying it. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Jackal

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 09:04:53 PM »

Absolutely. Especially in the day when the Discman ruled and you had to listen to only one album. I carried a Discman and a soft case with CDs everywhere. I guess that's one of the good things with mp3 players that you can load it up with tons of good music and never hear the same song twice for a long time.

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 01:14:09 PM »

I remember having BIA,Rumours,Reckless,New Light Through Old Windows,Dancing with strangers on tape in my walkman,I must have been Duracells best customer for a few years - thank God for ipods :o

Jackal

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 02:23:34 PM »
@Waterline Man - yeah, the tape days. Good times. I still have my Luxman hifi tape deck to which I would record tapes from CDs with Dolby C noise reduction technology  :o and compile best-of tapes. Would then put the Walkman in my belt, jump on my bicycle and ride around the city in the hot afternoon sun. Those were the days, man.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »
Slow it down a bit, i am only familiar with Grenglish. And yes Rumours  is a fine piece of recorded music. It still makes my day, eventhough i kind of overheard it back in the nineties and it is hard to feel the same chills i was feeling. Do you have the same trouble with the records you love?

Absolutely. Especially in the day when the Discman ruled and you had to listen to only one album. I carried a Discman and a soft case with CDs everywhere. I guess that's one of the good things with mp3 players that you can load it up with tons of good music and never hear the same song twice for a long time.

It's amazing how quickly things move on!   I bought my husband a Discman for his 60th birthday in 2001 and within a few months it was obsolete!    We went on holiday to Greece with the Discman and what seemed like a small overnight case filled with discs.  Now all we need is an MP3 player containing thousands of songs, which can be played randomly.   The great thing is, you never know which little gem will crop up next - anything from Knopfler to Khachaturian!   ;D    What will be next after MP3s and iPods do you think?   :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:42:16 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »
Wax cylinder comeback.

Jackal

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 03:47:12 PM »
I heard this portable turntable from Audio Technica is gaining ground among retrophiles, the amazing Sound Burger:

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 04:30:47 PM »
Had to Google that to see if it was real.

Jackal

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 05:14:44 PM »
It's real all right. I remember it was a prize in a Donald Duck magazine back in the early 80s. Thought it was the coolest thing. Even cooler than the digital watches with a calculator!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 50 queries.