Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: funny intermezzo's by concert tapers  (Read 10836 times)

Jackal

Re: funny intermezzo's by concert tapers
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 03:48:23 PM »
I was row C in Edinburgh and the guy was very near me, must have been first or second row, over on the right hand side. Very embarrassing to be a Scot that night. :(

Depending on how it is spoken and by whom, I certainly think Scottish is one of the roughest-sounding accents of the English language, particularly Glaswegian. Funnily enough, Scottish can also be one of the friendliest-sounding accents. I lived in Largs on the west coast for about a year, so I know :)

Cockney makes a good second, but it is only ugly ...

Oh dear, you've started something now!!   

:D

Oh, it's all just for fun. But that guy hollering "the Shangri-La t

Jackal

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »
Dick van Dyke does a great American accent on Diagnosis Murder don't you think? :lol

Say what? Hehe.

I had never heard about that show until now. Checked it out on YT, and old Dick sure does a good American accent. Better than Hugh Laurie's.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 04:01:57 PM »
In Gredos 2010 someone shouted very loud in spanish "Ole tus huevos", that is something like "How good are you" but with reference to their male atributes, which is a very tipical spanish sentence to encourage or thank someone who does something very good or something very brave  :)

Everybody laughed when that happened and its listenable at the simfy recording, but I cant remember in which song that happened  :(

Also in Valencia 83 recording you can listen people talking in valenciano, which is the language we speak at Alicante, Valencia and Castellon region (and its the same that people in catalonia speaks but with lot of differents words, expressions and accents) things like "cut that man
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 04:10:39 PM »
Dick van Dyke does a great American accent on Diagnosis Murder don't you think? :lol

Say what? Hehe.

I had never heard about that show until now. Checked it out on YT, and old Dick sure does a good American accent. Better than Hugh Laurie's.
Perhaps my little joke is wasted on people not living in the UK but here Dick's Cockney accent in the film Mary Poppins is now gained legendary status for being so bad!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2011, 04:11:42 PM »

On the Simfy London 2010 show you can clearly hear some femae shout "I love you Mark" on the "Piper to the End" track, not sure if in the beginning or at the end... And I also remember a certain YouTube clip from Brothers In Arms from the same show where we all are able to see a certain Lady standing RIGHT in front of him! So maybe... That person must have been totally knopflerized...  :lol :-* :-* :-*

LE

Uhh dunno if it was me... I have to listen to it again...

Oh yes she is knopflerized but she was also REALLY bored look at her face because of another female fan kicking her a** during the whole encores !!

Jackal

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2011, 04:27:17 PM »

Say what? Hehe.

Perhaps my little joke is wasted on people not living in the UK but here Dick's Cockney accent in the film Mary Poppins is now gained legendary status for being so bad!

Oh, man ... I actually thought Dick van Dyke was British  :disbelief  Then again, I've never been a dedicated follower of his. So, yeah, the joke was wasted as far I was concerned.

Love Expresso

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2011, 04:54:54 PM »

On the Simfy London 2010 show you can clearly hear some femae shout "I love you Mark" on the "Piper to the End" track, not sure if in the beginning or at the end... And I also remember a certain YouTube clip from Brothers In Arms from the same show where we all are able to see a certain Lady standing RIGHT in front of him! So maybe... That person must have been totally knopflerized...  :lol :-* :-* :-*

LE

Uhh dunno if it was me... I have to listen to it again...

Oh yes she is knopflerized but she was also REALLY bored look at her face because of another female fan kicking her a** during the whole encores !!

Yeah, I remember you were telling that at another thread. Pity, it surely spoils such a great moment for sure! Not sure however if it would have spoiled me...  ;D

LE

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »

Yeah, I remember you were telling that at another thread. Pity, it surely spoils such a great moment for sure! Not sure however if it would have spoiled me...  ;D

LE

Naaaahhh that's okay... Yeah I was bored btw... We even talked after the show. (female fans didn't fight lol Peace and Love)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 46 queries.