Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour 2011  (Read 204917 times)

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
Re: Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour 2011
« Reply #240 on: July 18, 2011, 02:26:31 PM »
I'm not trying to be Mr Grumpy :disbelief here or anything  but just for the hell of it I've just been on the mk.com website to see if I could still get a ticket for Dublin in the pre-sale & not alone can I get one but I can get four if I want them for the flat seating in front of the stage - thats 4 hours after the precious pre-sale has begun :o :o As I have said previously I will be going but I feel that the genuine fans are being railroaded into buying overpriced tickets for some gigs that wont be sold out in a month of Sundays - if that was a MK solo gig these tickets would be well gone at his stage.I dont think that MK fans are going to go & pay big money to listen to Bob for half a gig - that is the same Bob that some fans have already shelled out money to see last month - it doesnt make sense to me :o

rant over again :disbelief :disbelief 
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #241 on: July 18, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »
Yeah, it doesn't seem too well thought out, especially MK's role in the whole tour and the pricing policy.  Perhaps if Marks' role in the thing and how the concerts were going to pan out was more clearly maked out to people and the tickets were normail MK prices then they would be selling more tickets.  It's as if PCM were not consulted during the planning of it.

I think it would have been better having one single band with MK playing guitar on Bob's songs like he did on tour with Clapton in the 80's.  They could share then number of tunes they play and mix them up, that will stop any set of fans getting restless.  I think people would be more clear in their minds if they knew that was going to happen, but this is like two seperate gigs pushed together.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #242 on: July 18, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »
I'm not trying to be Mr Grumpy :disbelief here or anything  but just for the hell of it I've just been on the mk.com website to see if I could still get a ticket for Dublin in the pre-sale & not alone can I get one but I can get four if I want them for the flat seating in front of the stage - thats 4 hours after the precious pre-sale has begun :o :o As I have said previously I will be going but I feel that the genuine fans are being railroaded into buying overpriced tickets for some gigs that wont be sold out in a month of Sundays - if that was a MK solo gig these tickets would be well gone at his stage.I dont think that MK fans are going to go & pay big money to listen to Bob for half a gig - that is the same Bob that some fans have already shelled out money to see last month - it doesnt make sense to me :o

rant over again :disbelief :disbelief 

Just heard the advert on the radio for the 10th time over the past few days & its being advertised here as Bob Dillion,with special guest MK,its actually the same advert that they had for Bobs gigs last month with WOL built in at the end - I know Bob may be MK's hero but the way it looks to me is that its the Bob show with add ons :o
If it aint broke dont fix it!

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »
I used the o2 presale.
Very good.
For all german gigs you can get the best seats in the house.
I refused and chose the best seats of the lowest kategorie.
EUR 50 difference. A lot.

But you can better choose this option than the Mk.com one I think.
Love will find a Way

Love Expresso

« Reply #244 on: July 18, 2011, 07:03:08 PM »
I decided to get angry when I have received my seat numbers, not before. Who knows, why should I not be in the first (or second, don't mind) row? MK.com guarantees the first 8 rows in the first three blocks in Oberhausen f.e., and I was very early. So let's wait and see. And I don't know if it counts or if it quite naive but I wrote them a message that I'd like to have a seat in block 2, first row. When I did it last time, it worked our very precisely. Maybe customers that utter their wishes will have chances compared to the folks that do not.

@Waterline Man: I think it is not surprising that there are still Flat seats available. But I reckon that the sequence of the orders is important, too, and that the Canadians will work it out  the next days. So why shouldn't you get lucky and have a nice front row seat for Dublin? I think the chances are good.
Of course it is much more comfortable the way Steinei did it with exact seat numbers. He will not be eager to get the message, he already knows where his seat is.

LE
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:11:06 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #245 on: July 18, 2011, 07:42:14 PM »
I wonder how they start distributing the seats... For example, when I order at 9 o'clock sharp, do I get Row 1, Seat 1, or do I get the best one available, i.e. dead center front row?

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #246 on: July 18, 2011, 07:56:27 PM »
This is the answer of PC to my questions:

Regarding first row:
We have a limited amount of tickets this time as we are not the headline act. There will be some row one but not everybody will be able to have them.

Regarding General Admission:
There will be a separate early access as usual.

That was the mail from PC

Now let's cross fingers!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #247 on: July 18, 2011, 08:04:21 PM »
I wonder how they start distributing the seats... For example, when I order at 9 o'clock sharp, do I get Row 1, Seat 1, or do I get the best one available, i.e. dead center front row?

Yes I wondered that too GH!   I ordered on the dot of 9am (same as usual).   Last year I had the same seat in three different venues - Row 1, just to right of centre.  Perfect!   I hope I am as lucky this time! :)

EDIT:   Just noticed that both Manchester and Nottingham are sold out of MK.Com tickets!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:08:33 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #248 on: July 18, 2011, 08:51:14 PM »
Early access general admission? Oops.

Did mk.com buyers get in early in Amsterdam?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #249 on: July 18, 2011, 09:46:47 PM »

Yes, last year
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Love Expresso

« Reply #250 on: July 18, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »
Dusty, this is what I found at Isaac's tour blog from June 28/29 2010 in the HMH Amsterdam:

markknopfler.com ticket buyers were given the right to enter the venue 15 minutes prior to the general public, hence our late arrival time. Of course, though, we were not first; a few people were already lined?up by the markknopfler.com ticketholders

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #251 on: July 18, 2011, 09:55:59 PM »
Crap, wish someone had mentioned this.

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #252 on: July 18, 2011, 10:17:06 PM »
Quote myself see my message july 16-2011 in this topic:

"About pre-sale: Last year I bought the tickets for Brighton at the MK official site and everything was well arranged when we went to the venue in the evening! I bought the Amsterdam tickets through Eventim, because I also thought when I can
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:19:44 PM by Fieneke2 »
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #253 on: July 18, 2011, 11:01:38 PM »

Same in Antwerp, early access. Really relaxed.
In Amsterdam MK signed my i-Phone because I didn't have to queue early like other years  :D

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #254 on: July 18, 2011, 11:44:32 PM »
Aaah, thining of buying an mk.com ticket, and flogging the Ticketmaster ticket...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 43 queries.