Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Anyone going to Dublin (Opening Show)  (Read 17006 times)

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
Re: Anyone going to Dublin (Opening Show)
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 11:34:41 AM »
Hi Val,
I got an email from ticketmaster during the week saying that their pre-sale for previous MK /BD patrons was at 9am this morning - one day before being released to the general public tomorrow at 9am so I dont know how they would know that ticket sales were going well,at least until this morning anyway - you can still buy them on MK.com so that would lead you to believe that they arent going well :o
The reason that I'm a bit wary of all of this is that I bought tickets for Whitney Houston (as a present for Mrs Waterline,but I had to go as well :disbelief),there was a few of us going & I couldnt get all the tickets in the one section so some of us were in different sections,then out of the blue there was another concert added to the two already on & tickets next to each other were freely available for the one we wanted to go to.Of course Mr Waterline being the brainbox (not) that he is decided to purchase another two tickets together @
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 11:35:18 AM »
Hi W/M!    I just read on the Expecting Rain forum that a second date has been arranged for Dublin - October 5th!    Don't know if this is true or not, but if so tickets must be selling OK!   :)

EDIT:   It's on the Bob Dylan site too! 

I e-mailed MKNEWS about this and TK answered me that this is a Bob Dylan date without MK!!!!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 12:09:56 PM »
Maybe this is the warm-up show!  This will make the Dylan fans very happy - they don't need to share BD with MK, that is unless they have already booked for the second show!   I find this a very strange situation!   ::)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:14:53 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 12:24:06 PM »
Maybe this is the warm-up show!  This will make the Dylan fans very happy - they don't need to share BD with MK, that is unless they have already booked for the second show!   I find this a very strange situation!   ::)

Maybe we could ask Guy if they are going to do a warm up gig as well, or as long as they are playing like separate acts, they will only rehearse at their usual place near London bridge.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 01:06:02 PM »
The more i think about this whole "2 artists - 1 stage" thing - the more it baffles me...

Those MK fans who are going wont on the whole i suspect be interested in BD music and likewise - the BD fans certainly dont want to share the concert experience with MK as is proven on the BD forum - i cant see the fans gelling over this...

The set list from MK at least is pretty much set in stone - ticket prices are astronomical and most people will have to spend the whole day on their feet with both queing at the venue or standing during the concert....
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 01:26:25 PM »
The extra date (Oct 5th) has now been removed! 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 01:31:27 PM »
The more i think about this whole "2 artists - 1 stage" thing - the more it baffles me...

Those MK fans who are going wont on the whole i suspect be interested in BD music and likewise - the BD fans certainly dont want to share the concert experience with MK as is proven on the BD forum - i cant see the fans gelling over this...

The set list from MK at least is pretty much set in stone - ticket prices are astronomical and most people will have to spend the whole day on their feet with both queing at the venue or standing during the concert....

Correct on pretty much all counts - BUT! This is an extra chance to see MK live, so I'm happy. Seems like a long time ago, but the last tour was only a year ago! This will mean I've seen him in:

and then most likely 13, if not 12 if they do something similar to ATRR schedule.

Pretty good going by any standards. Only a few months ago people were worried that he was quitting music altogether. Now we have an album pretty much in the can and a fairly lengthy European tour. This is all good. Remember the barren years between 92 and 96?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 01:37:22 PM »
Bob played "The Marquee" in Cork last month - according to the media here this latest venture is as a result of his sell out gig last month - the Marquee has a capacity of maximum 4,000 people & thats standing  ::) ::),dont think it would be too difficult to sell that out!!!
If Bob is playing a second bob only gig I dont think I'd be too happy if I was a bob fan having just paid

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 01:38:55 PM »
quote:  "Remember the barren years between 92 and 96"  unquote

I saw him in '93 at Leeds Town & Country - a charity gig with Steve & Brendan, prior to the Swan Hunter gig in Newcastle City Hall!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 01:42:12 PM »

I saw him in '93 at Leeds Town & Country - a charity gig with Steve & Brendan, prior to the Swan Hunter gig in Newcastle City Hall!

Touche, but still not much going on. People should take a look at some other artists his age and be pleased that he is still so productive.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 01:49:50 PM »

Touche, but still not much going on. People should take a look at some other artists his age and be pleased that he is still so productive.

Yes, I feel very fortunate indeed to be an MK fan and I wouldn't have missed seeing him this time for all the tea in China!   I'm also very interested in seeing BD too!   I've been listening to Slow Train Coming and Infidels a lot this week and they really were great albums.   It would be a shame not to hear them play something from them together.   :)   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 01:52:36 PM »
People should take a look at some other artists his age and be pleased that he is still so productive.

The two girs are young alright ;D ;D

What about Rod Stewart :o :o

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 01:53:52 PM »

Yes, I feel very fortunate indeed to be an MK fan and I wouldn't have missed seeing him this time for all the tea in China!   I'm also very interested in seeing BD too!   I've been listening to Slow Train Coming and Infidels a lot this week and they really were great albums.   It would be a shame not to hear them play something from them together.   :)   

Guy said today: 2 seperate shows...
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 01:56:39 PM »
From Guy just now:

It's two separate performances...as it stands but who knows where it'll end up. It's all very vague at the moment . . . If you're not into the idea, don't buy a ticket, wait until we tour next time.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 01:58:36 PM »
It's vague but he doesn't know where it'll end up.
I really think it's impossible they don't do something together. Then the whole tour makes no sence!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 38 queries.