Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Recording & Photography on MK/BD Tour  (Read 19771 times)

OfflineMr Young at Heart

• Guitar George
Re: Recording & Photography on MK/BD Tour
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 03:11:53 PM »
Ever since I can remenber it's been forbidden to photograph/film/record at Dylan shows.

And of every Dylan show there exist photos and recordings, most of 'em have been filmed too ever since small devices have been made available.

Jackal

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 07:45:07 PM »
Listening to the Glasgow recordings now. Dang, that's good quality for an audience recording! I'm impressed.

Just finished Sailing To Philadelphia. The outro really is reminiscent of The Long Road from Cal in terms of sound. Lovely.

Jackal

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
By the way, during the final solo in Hill Farmer's Blues, at about 3:40, Mark plays a repeating lick. Is that taken from Sultans? It's very familiar.

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 07:52:50 PM »
Any possibility to get that recording via megaupload etc? I can

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »
full speedway at nazareth;

and brothers in arms with the new les paul;

Jackal

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 09:17:54 PM »
Any possibility to get that recording via megaupload etc? I can

OfflineMr Young at Heart

• Guitar George
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 02:01:53 PM »

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »
I think since the Kill to Get Crimson Tour in 2008 it is forbidden to record/video tape the concerts, but in the past when people were still allowed to record, Mark sent the security guard away! ........Ooohhh poor guy! 

Fieneke
[/quote]

Back in 2008 I was working for a magazine, and I called the gig promoter in Greece, in order to let me pass my photography cameras, lenses and all. I received a cold ironic reply, like tell  your boss to call me. I was furious, because I didn't ask for free entrance, just courtesy for a working photographer.  They were doing a body search at the entrance, and I was forced to dismantle my camera and split the parts in various positions and 4 people. At last I managed to take pictures, but I couldn't properly record the event, (turns out I was too close to the speakers, in order to take the photos) and the video was crappy as well, since I gave it to a friend of mine that simply didn't care to record. But MK official site stated that it is allowed provided that you don't disturb other viewers. The back side of the ticket clearly stated that it is up to the promoter... No matter MK was pointing  at this show as well...
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 12:10:03 AM »
I think since the Kill to Get Crimson Tour in 2008 it is forbidden to record/video tape the concerts

Video forbidden but audio recording always allowed as pictures most of time (a few exception though like Montreux 2010 for example - venue did not allow any photography).
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 12:30:35 AM »
You know I really don't get it. I am sure that very few of the people recording an MK concert with a lousy camera or cell phone, will ever care to watch it over and over again. It is just a gimmick, in order to show to their friends the next couple of days, just to show off, "I was there, look the wonders my camera-cell phone performs. " And these people are the vast majority.
The real fans are either purists, down at the gig without any device, just absorbing every note he plays (I saw many metal fans in that concert, came to see a guitar player and pick up some techniques) and then again there are people like me that just can't enjoy a concert if I can't take any pictures.
Any psychologists in the house to explain?

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011, 12:39:40 AM »
Taking a picture is to keep a souvenir of the night.

I did it once but it actualy ruined the show for me as I was so aware to get the got spotfor the pic that the music itself was not the most important thing and missed somewhat a great part of the concert.

I don't  take my camera since to show because my attention can be so easily detourned that I try to concentrate and focuse on the one and only thing that count for me : MUSIC!

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2011, 12:56:04 AM »
Perhaps you are right. But for me, it is a vice that has become a habit. I can't seem to enjoy the music if I can't have my camera. Trying to predict any possible moves is sort of a game for street photography that is deep in my brain cells, so I can actually listen to everything while doing the photos. Recording is more of a souvenir for me, even though I can't say that I spend to much time listening to the thousands of MK bootleg recordings. But believe me, I am nothing like the Japanese tourists that come to Athens, hastily going around, and actually seeing Acropolis from the photos they take. (It is just an example, I hope our rising sun friends don't get offended). 

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2011, 01:18:22 AM »
This is just my way to enjoy a concert.
And I really need to concentrate. I remember 2002 with Baloney Again. It was problably the best versions ever performed of that tune but on one of the two nights it wa played I just started to think to something else and when I came back to it it alwas already halfway in Marks solo. I just missed the first half because I had lost concentration and was very upset toward myself about that.

But I know people able to film or taking picture during the show and enjoy the music as well. Whats apply for me does not necessary for others.

Jackal

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »
Are there any  Bournemouth recordings available anywhere? I'd like to hear Bob and Mark together. (Sound a bit like a couple of comedians; "The Bob and Mark Show".)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 44 queries.