Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #4:2011.10.10, MEN Arena, Manchester, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 48893 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Concert #4:2011.10.10, MEN Arena, Manchester, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2011, 02:00:43 PM »
some of you guys really need to get over Dylan. Why does what he does matter atall? He personally invited Mark and his band to open for him, thats a hell of an honour for a guy who doesnt have previous for doing this.

Why is he a legend? thats a question too stupid to even merit a response!

I didn't say WHY is he a legend. I said WHAT is a legend!   IMO it  seems to be an excuse to be aloof and stand-offish and, yes, rude!  It is a highly overused word these days!

Of course Dylan has invited others to open for him before!   What about Leon Russell, earlier in the tour and a whole host of others, Neil Simon, Van Morrison, etc, etc!   But I know MK felt it to be a great honour, so I am pleased for him to open for his hero, even though that said hero doesn't seem to want to play with him!   ::)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:06:05 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2011, 02:02:21 PM »
Just to add. Bobs obviously a weird guy. Joan Baez said hes one of the most complex people shes ever met and he has strange mood changes.

Hes also very reclusive and stand offish, rarely gives any interviews either. So it doesnt surprise me.

It seems very bad mannered, but not much that can be done about it. I certainly wont let that affect my appreciation for his music.

Does anyone so ill mannered deserve such success though when there are so many nice people struggling?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2011, 02:07:12 PM »
He personally invited Mark and his band to open for him, thats a hell of an honour for a guy who doesnt have previous for doing this.

Sure it is an honour but could we speculate that this invate was partly to ensure that auditoriums are full...

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »
If he doesn't want to smile at me, cool, he may have seen my camera strap and looked away, can't blame for that, he doesn't even know me. He may never know me....but hey, what the fuck do I know? I'll tell you what I know...I love my job and I'm having a ball.
Damn ! if even Guy is victim of the recording policy... :o :o  :P ::)  :disbelief

A bit surrealistic if BD doesn't know who he is.
They are touring together and Guy has been MK's right-hand man since ages.
He must know him.  ???
He's not the roadie just hired the day before.   ;)

OfflineSpooge

• Guitar George
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2011, 02:23:44 PM »
I'm reading alot of stuff that doesnt quite make sense.

I know hes had support acts, but not many, not in recent years either.

Secondly, to fill auditoriums? err, Dylans been comfortably selling out before now. If you look at the crowds its seems to be attracting a considerably larger number of Dylan fans.

I dont get the bit about having success and being ill mannered when nice people struggle. You get what you work for, hes spent his whole life writing fantastic songs, hes reaped the rewards, thats just how it goes.

Remember nice guys finish last  :lol

Apologies Superval, i misread your post.

Like i said, Bobs a weird guy. Hes also old, maybe he didnt see him?  :lol

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2011, 02:26:04 PM »
Secondly, to fill auditoriums? err, Dylans been comfortably selling out before now. If you look at the crowds its seems to be attracting a considerably larger number of Dylan fans.

Ok, sorry Spooge. I just remember to read in previous European tours (?) Bob has had difficulties to fill auditoriums. But if it isn

OfflineStraitJacket

• Guitar George
    • My latest charity work
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »

Ok, sorry Spooge. I just remember to read in previous European tours (?) Bob has had difficulties to fill auditoriums. But if it isn
Please, Have a look at my link. Even if you don't want to make a donation it raises awareness about a very important issue. Thank you - http://mobro.co/adymartin

Onlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2011, 02:33:30 PM »
If Guy did attend Bob part, Bob did not attend MK part so until now we can speculate that Guy remains nearly unknown from Bob.
(who could easily not remember who was that young key player he shared the stage with on one evening  of 1986 for a bunch of song)
If Mark was able to meet Bob in private, obviously Guy did not.

Even in closed circle you get some more restricted circle into the circle.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:37:32 PM by ds1984 »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2011, 02:34:08 PM »

Apologies Superval, i misread your post.

Apology accepted!   :)

BTW   If Dylan doesn't know the members of MK's band yet,  then he darned well ought to make it his business to get to know them, after all they will be on the road together for 7 weeks!  Legend or not!   ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2011, 02:37:30 PM »

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »
he does not "need" to do anything. also what was not entirely clear in Guy's story was whether or not Bob actually "realised" he was being smiled at. we all know this feeling that you say hi to someone on the street, as in, straight in the face sort of, and the other person does not react at all and continues his journey, and when asked about it later it becomes clear that he/she had not noticed the "smile" at all (nor the person smiling),...know what i mean?

We do know Mark and Bob have met already, we also know they HAVE met in between 1986 and this tour, but that counts for Mark only, not his band.
do not forget, it was alan and Pick joining Mark on those 2 bob albums (wel Alan on the second only and Pick on the first)
so he may truly not know Guy.
i think it makes Guy's diary even more interesting.
Now what i AM convinced of, is that Bob knows Richard, as Richard has been on sooooooo many records with soooooo many artists, and we all know that Bob has an extensive record collection and knowledge.
so i wonder if he will ever mention this topic??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
I haven't seen so much concern for who said hi to who, who knows who and who did or didn't smile at me since the last time I was visiting my son's primary school. You people are funny. :lol :lol :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2011, 02:55:42 PM »
I haven't seen so much concern for who said hi to who, who knows who and who did or didn't smile at me since the last time I was visiting my son's primary school. You people are funny. :lol :lol :lol

Well, as Knopfler fans, we are very used to see how humans MK and all the band members are, in many circunstancies. We are not used to that kind of "stars" like Dylan and his strange behaviours...

;D ;D
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2011, 03:05:25 PM »
now now, this quote by guy did stirr some funny posts over at ER as well right A.?
:-)
i mean, it is as funny as mentioning the position bob is in for every single song during the live setlist, wtf? :-)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2011, 03:18:27 PM »

thats the difference between mark and bob's personalities. it isn't too hard is it? but different persons and different choices of course.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 38 queries.