Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dylan Walkouts?  (Read 10304 times)

Offlineturtle unit

• Guitar George
Re: Dylan Walkouts?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 06:43:52 AM »
However, The Guardian is right, MK and DS have never been cool. I was a 13 year old DS fan and they were deeply uncool (here in the UK).

Do I/did I care?

Nope. :)

DS weren't "cool" in the mid 80s? I thought they were the trend setters back then.

Popular, yes. But never "cool". Not in the UK at least.

I keep reading that it's difficult to find anyone who bought Brothers In Arms. A bit like people who voted for Thatcher, I suppose. Millions did, but few will admit it. (I am only guilty of the former crime.)

But I've never really understood why MK is uncool whereas (for example) Bruce Springsteen, is not.

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 08:42:54 AM »
I talked with some spanish fans that leave the show after MK because...

...b/ Option A plus its difficult to get a bus or taxi if you wait until Bob ends

I have to admit that I have left during the first encore the last two times I saw Dylan because of the aggravation of getting home if you stay until the end. I'm a 10 min walk from the Hammersmith Apollo so I think I can stay to the end next time ;)

Onlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 10:15:11 AM »
But I've never really understood why MK is uncool whereas (for example) Bruce Springsteen, is not.

Not same interact between the Artist and the audience.
Example : don't try to request Mark to play a song - he won't.
Bruce is to the opposite and turned the request to a game. People come with a placard and throw them on stage. Then Bruce collect them and has the challenge to play them.

Anothe example is Mark has become almost unreachable off stage, especially when arriving to the artist entrance. If more than 3 people he won't show. That seem not very cool.

But Mark has alos his cool side like when he did the pre show that some happy few fan could attend, shake some hand form the audience at the end of some shows, allow fan recording the show, allow seated fan to stand up and come front of stage for the last part of the show...

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 10:28:49 AM »

One reason might be that Mark is so humble and we know almost nothing about his private side. His not interesting for media and it is often media which makes sensation and that coolness. Maybe.

Offlinesoaring

• Guitar George
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 02:25:54 PM »
I find it amazing that anyone would walk out of a concert before the end, it sounds pretty intolerant & lacking respect for the musicians, even if you are not keen on what they were playing when you made the decision. Maybe OK if you have to catch the last bus home but just to prop up the bar & moan - crazy.  ???

Dire Straits were certainly cool from 1977 to 1983. But uncoolness descends rapidly on all musicians when they become mega-stars. To my way of thinking Mark & his cohorts have remained pretty damn cool ever since DS broke up.   8)

Onlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 02:48:43 PM »
I find it amazing that anyone would walk out of a concert before the end, it sounds pretty intolerant & lacking respect for the musicians, even if you are not keen on what they were playing when you made the decision.

This is the reason why I never go alone to a concert. That way if I find it boring then I can start to loudly chat, heavily drink, pass some phone calls and have big laugh with my friend. And once the end of the show reached I can do a standing ovation if not being thrown out before by the local staff.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 36 queries.