Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: boring repetative set lists  (Read 28372 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: boring repetative set lists
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2011, 12:59:45 AM »
But to expect from him to play what I want, is a peculiar thought that can only cross a fans mind, because his/her attachment with the artist, the long hours spent for the loved musician affects the mind, that thinks it has rights upon the artist.

Thank you for posting this..I for one feel that I don't have the right to say what Mark should  play...after all..it is his art..not mine. I'm just along for the ride.

Thank you for your kind post. Funny you should chose this very sentence to quote me.  :)
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Rollergirl

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2011, 12:34:02 PM »
set lists are like babies

When you have 3 boys, are pregnant with your 4th baby, you are hoping for a girl this time, for a change. You go for a scan and they tell you it's another boy. You feel depressed, OMG a boy AGAIN! This is so unfair.

And then the baby is born and it turns out you love him just as much, and a 4th boy is great, you wouldn't want it any other way.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2011, 12:42:46 PM »

When you have 3 boys, are pregnant with your 4th baby, you are hoping for a girl this time, for a change. You go for a scan and they tell you it's another boy. You feel depressed, OMG a boy AGAIN! This is so unfair.

And then the baby is born and it turns out you love him just as much, and a 4th boy is great, you wouldn't want it any other way.

Nice one Rollergirl. A true story? Do they know you have a grunge with boys?  ;D I know a similar one with girls  ;D

Rollergirl

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2011, 12:44:28 PM »
probably a true story, but not mine

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »
My neighbor has 4 boys - no girl.
I didn't know she was a huge MK fan.

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2011, 05:00:10 PM »
My wife and I had three boys, the next time she was preganant we REALLY wanted a girl, and we got one!! See a set change! We were so happy, no wonder I'm a Dylan fan. :lol :lol

(encore was 4th boy) ;)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »
Mark's trying to build a football team! :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2011, 08:32:25 PM »
Mark's trying to build a football team! :lol
I'm very pleased he doesn't like golf  ;D

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »
What a beautiful story Fieneke!
Yes, don't you just love her?  :D

LOL Thank you Lars and Mossguitar!  ;D

Thank you for your story VGONIS2002!  ;)

When you have 3 boys, are pregnant with your 4th baby, you are hoping for a girl this time, for a change. You go for a scan and they tell you it's another boy. You feel depressed, OMG a boy AGAIN! This is so unfair. And then the baby is born and it turns out you love him just as much, and a 4th boy is great, you wouldn't want it any other way.

Hey Rollergirl you made me laugh with your crazy message, BUT.....you hit the nail on the head!  ;D This is what it is about, sometimes people like to hear other songs, BUT when the concert is finished, almost all of them tells it was wonderful and they are satisfied!  :P

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »
Fieneke, thank you for your kind words. I must say that you must be one of the very few people   :'( that take the time to both write long posts and read the long posts sent from others. I love longer posts, so that I can understand deeper meanings and feelings and in a way meet the otherwise unknown fellow - fan- friend. And it is way more important than sharing names. That only deserves an extra thank you. :)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2011, 04:42:07 PM »
I'm having such a great time on this forum. Everybody is so kind and everybody loves MK and the band in what they do, making great music and creating milestones in peoples lives. It makes me so happy! Everytime I come home from school in the afternoon the first site I check is this, reading all those beautiful stories from people who feel the same as I do. (I think). I just love to read stories for instance, like Fieneke's story in this topic. This is such a nice place to share your thoughts and feelings about music and MK because everybody respects each other. If your english is not so good? Why would we care:D If your story is nice e.g than it's allright. I'm very glad that I'm a member of this forum and I will reccomend this forum to every MK fan in the world!

Thank you all.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Love Expresso

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »
Very nice and moving post, Lars! You are absolutely right, and it's the same here, apart from the fact that it is more than 20 years ago that I came home from any school...  :lol

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »
I'm having such a great time on this forum. Everybody is so kind and everybody loves MK and the band in what they do, making great music and creating milestones in peoples lives. It makes me so happy! Everytime I come home from school in the afternoon the first site I check is this, reading all those beautiful stories from people who feel the same as I do. (I think). I just love to read stories for instance, like Fieneke's story in this topic. This is such a nice place to share your thoughts and feelings about music and MK because everybody respects each other. If your english is not so good? Why would we care:D If your story is nice e.g than it's allright. I'm very glad that I'm a member of this forum and I will reccomend this forum to every MK fan in the world!

Thank you all.

Thank you Lars for your sensitive emotional post. It is true that personal relations are hard to get nowadays and AMIT is a good imitator, but enjoy life out of it as well. Out there is the truth. Here you only see signs of truth. But in a moderate manner it is an OK way to socialize. And if you wonder about me, I am coming back from school every day, along with my older daughter.  ;) But actually I feel  younger than I am, and I am not half as old as dear old Bob, even though I hope to stay forever young.   

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2011, 10:05:03 PM »
Thank you VGONIS2002 and Lars for your kind words! ;D
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2011, 10:12:02 PM »
Go Mrs. Fineke.  ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 44 queries.