Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Here it shows you can probably buy the Dylan shows later !...  (Read 13988 times)

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
Here it shows you can probably buy the Dylan shows later !...
« on: October 24, 2011, 08:27:50 AM »
Hi
I was not aware of this, sorry if its in another post.  ???

http://www.bobdylan.com/tour    if you click on "setlist"  you get a new web page where you can click on "buy" each song. If you do that it says the page cannot be found, but at least it shows that they probably will make it ready later. Why else bother with shop list for all the setlists....

It would be great, as we can buy at least Knopfler on some of the Dylan tracks.

cheers peter

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:45:33 AM by peterromer »
Cheers Peter

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Re: Here it shows you can probably buy the Dylan shows later !...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:09:43 AM »
Or maybe they sell just studio versions of these songs.

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 10:18:47 AM »
The layout certainly indicates something else in my opinion.
Paris for example... any of them, tells the name of show, and you can click if you were there.

Oct 17, 2011 Paris, France
Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy
Average: 0

Set List
 Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
 It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
 Things Have Changed
 Tangled Up In Blue
 Honest With Me
 Spirit On The Water
 Summer Days
 Desolation Row
 Highway 61 Revisited
 Blind Willie McTell
 Thunder On The Mountain
 Ballad Of A Thin Man
 All Along The Watchtower
 Like A Rolling Stone

Also if it were studio versions, the links to buy them could be arrangend from the start I guess. There is not any emailadress on Dylan website to ask unfortunately.
Cheers Peter

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 02:30:18 PM »
reply on ER forum:
pottel wrote:
when you click on the setlist atbobdylancom you can supoposedly "buy" the songs? would thatbe live recordngs????????????????????????? (click on the buy button leads to a "oops page not found" but still.)
-->

No it's a link to buy the studio version. Too bad
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 03:36:16 PM »
Imagine the poor guy buying all versions of AATW since beginning of NET  :o :P

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 03:42:03 PM »
lol...especially as they are virtually all out there, recorded by fans....

Rollergirl

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »

sounds like something Pottel would do

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 04:22:28 PM »

Maybe he actually did  ;)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 04:29:20 PM »
close to it, why? :-)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »

Maybe he actually did  ;)
close to it, why? :-)

It is a nice little issue to debate upon isn't it? I mean that if there is a physical thing to buy, I would gladly give any money, but buying the recordings of each and every live show as downloads, even in reduced prices is something completely beyond me. I won't stand on the legal implications ( the Smify recordings were a good subject) not even on the moral grounds (when it comes to economic matters morals and law are walking hand in hand) but on practical issues such as the actual response from fans that will be disappointed if the simple-free joy of such live recordings become  a new way to make more money. I understand that these are their songs and performances, but it is like taxing the same product over and over again.  But I guess that stands for the whole corporate music business.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 06:59:54 PM »
Technology allow today to record every show and sell them at affordable price.

You have to think for the general public not only your fan base.
What a chance for a simple single concert goer to be able to get the show you attended in sbd quality.
The die hard fans are another matter.
In 2010 fan made recording and their private sharing were still allowed by MK management.
Restriction are the fact of some sharing site (for their legal safety).

If only Simfy had existed as early than 1977...

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 07:22:21 PM »
When Bob Dylan's own website started, it was actually run by someone who had connections with Grateful Dead fans and, for a number of years, individual songs appeared, mostly live recordings by Dylan ("field" recordings for the most part) but also other recordings including cover versions. They were available free of charge to hear but (officially) not to download. Needless to say, some folks found ways round the copy protection system and copies were circulated privately on disc amongst friends. Inevitably, these recordings drifted into the hands of bootleggers with, as I understand it (I'm not much of a bootleg collector), equally inevitable results. I can't imagine that this went down well with Dylan or his people and the arrangement ceased, around the time that Sony took over the website, as I recall.

Generally, the posted tracks were taken off the website after a period of time, some of which then reappeared at a later date.

For those who can be bothered to read further, here's a list of those recordings, taken from the wonderful Searching For A Gem website:

Exclusive Tracks which have been featured on the Columbia Internet Web site

All performances live unless otherwise stated.

Audience recordings are indicated by (A).

The date in the headings indicates when the recording was first posted on the Dylan website

Dec 1997:

BDC0    Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell) - from the 1973 Columbia album Dylan This was only noted some time after it appeared; hence the "BCD0" numbering

BDC1    I'm Not There (1956) - unreleased track from the Basement Tapes, 1967, now released on the original soundtrack of the Todd Haynes film I'm Not There

BDC2    Blind Willie McTell - Jones Beach, NY, 17 Aug 1997 (A)

BDC3   Visions Of Johanna - Historic Orpheum Theater, Minneapolis, MN, 3 Sep 1992

BDC4    Mr. Tambourine Man - Wolftrap, Vienna, VA, 23 Aug 1997 (A)

Jan 1998:

BDC5    Lay Down Your Weary Tune - Carnegie Hall, New York City, 26 Oct 1963 (stereo version), from the cancelled 1964 album Bob Dylan In Concert (R-0370, see 1964)
Thanks to Nick Ralph for pointing out all these 1963 tracks are from acetates, with clicks, etc.

BDC6    John Brown - Town Hall, New York City, 12 Apr 1963 (stereo version), again from the cancelled 1964 album Bob Dylan In Concert

BDC7    Cold Irons Bound - El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, 16 Dec 1997 (A) (R-0267, see 1998) - now also available on the 2001 Japanese live compilation Bob Dylan Live 1961-2000: Thirty Nine Years Of Great Concert Performances

BDC8    You're A Big Girl Now - El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, 17 Dec 1997 (A)

BDC9    I'm Your Teenage Prayer - unreleased track from the Basement Tapes, 1967

BDC10    Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window? - early version released in 1965 as Positively 4th Street by mistake

BDC11    Percy's Song - Carnegie Hall, New York City, 26 Oct 1963 (stereo version), third song from the cancelled 1964 album Bob Dylan In Concert

BDC12    The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll - El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, 16 Dec 1997 (A)

Feb 1998:

BDC13    Seven Curses - Carnegie Hall, New York City, 26 Oct 1963 (stereo version), fourth song from the cancelled 1964 album Bob Dylan In Concert (R-0376, see 1964)
Thanks to Nick Ralph for pointing out that this performance is slightly cut.

BDC14    'Til I Fell In Love With You - El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, 16 Dec 1997 (A)

BDC15    Idiot Wind - Historic Orpheum Theater, Minneapolis, MN, 30 Aug 1992

BDC16    Tight Connection To My Heart - Supper Club, New York City, 17 Nov 1993, second show, from a shelved TV special/video/live album project recorded by Bob in association with HBO

BDC17    Weeping Willow (traditional) - Supper Club, New York City, 17 Nov 1993, second show, again from the shelved TV special/video/ live album project

Mar 1998:

BDC18    Love Sick - Grammy Awards, Radio City Music Hall, New York City, 28 Feb 1998

BDC19    Girl Of The North Country - Madison Square Garden, New York City, 20 Jan 1998 (A)

Apr 1998:

BDC20    The Man In Me - Landmark Theater, Syracuse, NY, 28 Jan 1998 (A)

BDC21    Born In Time - New Jersey Center for the Performing Arts, Newark, NJ, 1 Feb 1998 (A)  now also available on the 2001 Japanese live compilation Bob Dylan Live 1961-2000: Thirty Nine Years Of Great Concert Performances

BDC22    Tears Of Rage (Bob Dylan-Richard Manuel) - Madison Square Garden, New York City, 17 Jan 1998 (A)

May 1998:

BDC23    Delia (traditional) - Supper Club, New York City, 17 Nov 1993, second show, third song from the shelved TV special/video/ live album project

BDC24    Baby Let Me Follow You Down (Rev Gary Davies, arr. Eric von Schmidt)  - with The Hawks, Free Trade Hall, Manchester, England, 17 May 1966 (now on Bootleg Series Vol. 4: Live 1966 - The "Royal Albert Hall" Concert)

BDC25    The Lonesome River (Ralph & Carter Stanley)  - Ralph Stanley and Bob Dylan, from the Ralph Stanley album Clinch Mountain Country

Jun 1998:

BDC26    Make You Feel My Love - Pauley Pavilion, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, 21 May 1998 (A) (released on Things Have Changed singles)

BDC27    I'm Not Supposed To Care (Gordon Lightfoot) - The Pond, Anaheim, CA, 23 May 1998 (A)

BDC28    Shelter From The Storm - Roseland, New York City, 19 Oct 1994

BDC29    Boots Of Spanish Leather - Glasgow, Scotland, 21 Jun 1998 (A)

Aug 1998:

BDC30    Mama, You Been On My Mind - Brussels, Belgium, 17 Jun 1998 (A)

BDC31    Se
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:29:47 PM by twm »

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »
continued from previous post:-

Oct 2002:

BDC85 Mutineer (Warren Zevon) - Greek Theater, University of California, Berkeley, CA, 11 Oct 2002 (A)

BDC86 Floater (Too Much To Ask) - Greek Theater, University of California, Berkeley, CA, 11 Oct 2002 (A)

Nov 2002:

BDC87 The End Of The Innocence (Bruce Hornsby/Don Henley) - Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA, 15 Oct 2002 (A)

BDC88 Tell Me That It Isn't True - Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA, 15 Oct 2002 (A)

BDC89 Yea! Heavy And A Bottle of Bread - Madison Square Garden, New York City, 11 Nov 2002 (A)

BDC90 Something (George Harrison) - Madison Square Garden, New York City, 13 Nov 2002 (A)

BDC91 You Ain't Goin' Nowhere - Madison Square Garden, New York City, 13 Nov 2002 (A)

Mar 2003:

BDC92 Gates Of Eden - performed by Irish singer Marc Carroll, from his Evangeline EP Crashpad Number

BDC93 Seven Days - performed by New York Zydeco band Loup Garou, from their Great Big Island album Dobb's Ferry

Mar 2004:

BDC94 It's All Over Now, Baby Blue - live, Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL, 7 Mar 2004 (A)

BDC95 Moonlight - live, Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL, 7 Mar 2004 (A)

BDC96 It Ain't Me, Babe - live, Kool Haus, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 21 Mar 2004 (A)

BDC97 Down Along The Cove - live, the Pageant, St. Louis, MO, 2 Mar 2004 (A)

Apr 2004:

BDC41 Little Moses (Bert A. Williams-Earl C. Jones) - Historic Orpheum Theater, Minneapolis, MN, 2 Sep 1992 (repeated from Dec 1998)

BDC98 Hazel - 9:30 Club, Washington, DC, 2 April 2004 (A)

BDC99 Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine) - 9:30 Club, Washington, DC, 2 April 2004 (A)

BDC100 Tryin' To Get To Heaven - Warner Theater, Washington, DC, 4 April 2004 (A)

BDC101 Simple Twist Of Fate - cover by Jerry Garcia from his 6CD boxed set All Good Things: Jerry Garcia Studio Sessions

Also, thanks to Ian Woodward for the information that Ball And Biscuit, the duet with Jack White of the White Stripes song performed in Detroit, MI, 17 Mar 2004, has appeared on the official White Stripes web-site: .

Jun 2004:

BDC102 Samson And Delilah (Traditional, arr. Rev. Gary Davies) - Bonnaroo 2004 Music Festival, Manchester, TN, 11 Jun 2004 (A)

BDC103 Sing Me Back Home (Merle Haggard) - Bonnaroo 2004 Music Festival, Manchester, TN, 11 Jun 2004 (A)

BDC104 Pancho And Lefty (Townes van Zandt) - Bonnaroo 2004 Music Festival, Manchester, TN, 11 Jun 2004 (A)

BDC105 You Win Again (Hanks Williams) - Bonnaroo 2004 Music Festival, Manchester, TN, 11 Jun 2004 (A)

May 2005:

BDC106  I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine - Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA, 17 Apr 2005 (A)

BDC107  I Believe In You - Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA, 17 Apr 2005 (A)

BDC 108 Visions of Johanna - Beacon Theatre, New York City, NY, 25 Apr 2005 (A)

BDC 109 High Water (for Charley Patton) - Beacon Theatre, New York City, NY, 25 Apr 2005 (A)

BDC 110 Shooting Star - Beacon Theatre, New York City, NY, 26 Apr 2005 (A)

BDC 111 Under The Red Sky - Beacon Theatre, New York City, NY, 26 Apr 2005 (A)
[/color]

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 07:35:52 PM »
Sorry to bore you all with the above, rather extensive list but it seemed worthwhile to demonstrate that Dylan is not opposed to making live performances available - only that he is opposed to bootleggers making money off of his work.

My own contribution to the above was to be speaking by telephone to the guy who used to organise all this. He mentioned that he had received the tapes of the four 1993 Supper Club performances and asked me which track I would select for the website. Having attended all four shows, I immediately responded by saying "Weeping Willow", it being the only time Dylan had ever performed the song. Not long afterwards, there it was!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 07:55:27 PM »
...and the award for longest post ever goes to... :)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 38 queries.