Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Here it shows you can probably buy the Dylan shows later !...  (Read 13568 times)

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
Re: Here it shows you can probably buy the Dylan shows later !...
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 08:55:55 PM »
Whaauww what a list twm!   ;D

I read and see that you know a lot about Bob Dylan, so that is why I like to ask you a question.

I have a friend who started in 1998 with another friend the acoustic-based, psychedelic pop duo StrangeCloud. They started with the 2 of them, but later other musicians were added. Because they played very well, they were invited as special artists to perform at Bob Dylan
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 09:01:02 PM »
Yeah Pottel, its the studio versions. Why the he..  does it not say so. So stupid.

The official reply is here:

"Hi Peter,
I understand that you wish to purchase the tracks from our website. The tracks available for purchase are the studio tracks, these are not the live concert tracks. Unfortunately, these tracks are not available for purchase in your country from our website. Also, at this point of time we do not have information regarding any future availability of the concert tracks. Please visit the website periodically to view more information regarding the availability of the tracks."

Sincerely,

Sony Music Digital
C1E4
Cody

Cheers Peter

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 09:18:14 PM »
I recall that back in 1998/1999 many Dylan bootlegs were soundboard. I attented a concert in Valencia and I have that concert from a soundboard recording, and most of that tour concerts were available as a soundboard bootleg...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 09:23:39 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have not reached to any conclusions, trying to work out all the perspectives and for that I do appreciate the feedback. It is true that I lean towards a certain logic of things, but I do see the way reality works and try to balance both. Thank you!

"Technology allow today to record every show and sell them at affordable price. "

True, but quality recording is a thing that demands equipment and of course a careful planning. It costs money to record live shows and then discard them as no good. Affordable prices is a term I can't understand. If a fan desires everything by an artist and the artist has 120 shows every year, like BD, it is not very economic or affordable. But this can be over seen as a fetish thing (owning everything from an artist, or is it?) But it is the quality and planning that have to go into the equation.  Would you BD fan pay 1200 dollars to own every concert BD has given since 1990? (and that is a dollar a show...)

"You have to think for the general public not only your fan base."

The general public would only care for one show, well recorded and with a nice artwork maybe, not every last one from the far end of the earth, with poor sound and repetition of the same tracks. So it is a peculiar thing, because many people might download an unofficial live recording that is for free, but will not dedicate the amount of time to even listen to it. But when they pay money for a well cared recording (let's not call it product) they do spend time to listen it over and over. But flooding the market with easy to produce live recordings, clearly points to the fan's direction.  

"What a chance for a simple single concert goer to be able to get the show you attended in sbd quality."

This is a completely different situation. We are talking about a souvenir, but it has to be in  a physical form! But it has to be produced in a vast number to cover expenses.   And we are talking big venues then, 5000-10000 thousand people. Maybe even include it in a special ticket price and have it sent to you. A download is a welcome substitute, and that maybe can appeal to a general public.  

"The die hard fans are another matter."

True they are. They pay for the official releases at the expensive prices at the time of release (not 6 months or 1 year after at the bargain bins, with a quarter of the original price), sometimes multiple times since the editions are many (Get lucky had 4 different releases), pay to download extra tracks that usually never enter the radar of the general public and pay for usually over priced merchandise, without complaining. How much is enough?

"In 2010 fan made recording and their private sharing were still allowed by MK management.
Restriction are the fact of some sharing site (for their legal safety)."
And there enters the pseudo moral issues together with the legal system, in order to defend the hollow logic of the whole matter.

"If only Simfy had existed as early than 1977... "

No, I think that some things gain their appeal from the scarcity,  from the nicely weaved myths that actually have to support nothing, but the myths themselves. It is only music, after all. That is why I especially respect MK, for not putting out editions with extras from the DS days. If they were not considered  good enough then, it would only be a stunt to attract the same old fan - customers, with music interesting for historical reasons only. And I believe the same goes for the live performances. Unless they are programmed to be recorded like alchemy, they have many too many flaws that may be   unnoticeable for the live experience, but can't sustain repeated plays. Well maybe only to the devoted fan.

Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 12:38:24 AM »
...and the award for longest post ever goes to... :)
my ticket lists were longer dmg...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 01:54:38 AM »
I claim no credit for the length of the post(s), as I took everything printed in red from the "Searching For A Gem" website, put together by Alan Fraser, a contact of mine.  I merely removed all the cross-referencing to other pages on his website and a few of the comments about what sources were right and wrong over the years, put the album titles in bold and then topped and tailed the whole thing.

As for the "Million Dollar Bash" in Minneapolis in May 2001, I'm afraid I cannot recall much about this. I'd be surprised if it wasn't recorded but I have not heard of such a recording. Sorry.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 12:01:50 PM »
My view on it is quite simple : I go to see Mark, I like the show and I want to keep a souvenir form that performance
For 15
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »
I claim no credit for the length of the post(s), as I took everything printed in red from the "Searching For A Gem" website, put together by Alan Fraser, a contact of mine.  I merely removed all the cross-referencing to other pages on his website and a few of the comments about what sources were right and wrong over the years, put the album titles in bold and then topped and tailed the whole thing.

As for the "Million Dollar Bash" in Minneapolis in May 2001, I'm afraid I cannot recall much about this. I'd be surprised if it wasn't recorded but I have not heard of such a recording. Sorry.
i for one do not have that show (funnily enough i only even have 2 shows for may 2001...)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 01:41:59 PM »

i for one do not have that show (funnily enough i only even have 2 shows for may 2001...)
You have thousands of recordings and only two shows from may 2001 ???? Most of us here have a few dozens from may 2001 !

here is the setlist - Don't see any track of "million dollar bash". 
"Money for nothing", is that what you mean ? 

Minneapolis May 7, 2001

Calling Elvis
Walk of life
Who's your baby now
R

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 02:20:55 PM »
Tunnel 85, they are talking about BD associated recordings, not MK. But that would be a nice kick in the teeth if it was for Pottel. But it wasn't even Pottel's claim but TWm's.
You'll have your chance though sometime... ;D

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »
Tunnel 85, they are talking about BD associated recordings, not MK. But that would be a nice kick in the teeth if it was for Pottel. But it wasn't even Pottel's claim but TWm's.
You'll have your chance though sometime... ;D
You missed the last line of my post saying I couldn't resist (of course to joke about Pottel's huge collection and MK/BD mix  ;)  )
Let's say it was a private joke  ;D

A nice kick in the teeth ? Are you serious ?  ::)
We should all feel ashamed if we have a recording he doesn't have. Or don't feel ashamed if it's only a question of editing time (another private joke  ;)  )  Guess who made our day yesterday ( and so many other times) ? ;D

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 03:56:49 PM »
 ;D  Do you see the teeth at the face laughing out loud?  ;D A weird, I admit, way to say that he would quit laughing.
Anyway, I can only be grateful to Pottel, for time and resources,  but I would tease him with a hard to find recording, just to see his reaction. How about a recording from Athens 2008. Lousy sound but the whole concert.   ;)
And sadly, in order to make my day, I aim for real life, a recording is just a curio for me. Does this make me a lesser fan? :'(
And I thought that the moto here in AMIT was :"To share and to Pottel"  :-\

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 04:22:30 PM »
;D  Do you see the teeth at the face laughing out loud?  ;D A weird, I admit, way to say that he would quit laughing.
Anyway, I can only be grateful to Pottel, for time and resources,  but I would tease him with a hard to find recording, just to see his reaction. How about a recording from Athens 2008. Lousy sound but the whole concert.   ;)
And sadly, in order to make my day, I aim for real life, a recording is just a curio for me. Does this make me a lesser fan? :'(
And I thought that the moto here in AMIT was :"To share and to Pottel"  :-\
Real life, that's another sad story ...  :'(
I was pretty upset these last days and his recordings have enlightened my days.
Nothing more, nothing less.  :)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »
thnx guys....you can stop it now, and vg, pls do upload Athens :-)
or johannsesburg 2005 if you have it :-)

Love Expresso

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 07:41:16 PM »
Pottel is alright. I can confirm!  ;D

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 38 queries.