Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 599337 times)

OfflineTJ

• Camerado
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1215 on: April 29, 2015, 06:48:12 PM »
Very sly question from Rob Reynolds today about Paul McCartney made me literally laugh out loud.  Mr. Reynolds, I applaud you.  :clap
Talk soft, carry a big stick, and pack the biggest gun.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1216 on: April 29, 2015, 06:51:58 PM »
Very sly question from Rob Reynolds today about Paul McCartney made me literally laugh out loud.  Mr. Reynolds, I applaud you.  :clap

Yes, made me smile, too!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #1217 on: April 29, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »

Yes, that seemed to have fooled Guy.  Perhaps he'll edit his reply if he works out that there is a parallell with MK.
Having said that, I agree with Guy about Sir Paul, but Mark is still producing some of his best music - it's just hidden amongst the stuff that
the die hard DS fans don't want to hear.  ;D
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

OfflinePondlive

• Local Hero
« Reply #1218 on: April 29, 2015, 08:51:17 PM »
Yes, that made me laugh too :lol

I noticed in the paper today that at Mr McCartney's concert in Tokyo there were 28 songs played. Not bad for a 72 year old. Apparently he played quite a few oldies as well.
It was 49 years ago he last played there with the Beatles!

Pondy
Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug!

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #1219 on: April 30, 2015, 05:10:30 AM »
Stop. 
(Pondy -- that was harsh!)  :-X
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
« Reply #1220 on: April 30, 2015, 05:11:27 AM »
...the part about 49 years...  :o
If you ain’t got whiskey

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
« Reply #1221 on: April 30, 2015, 05:19:43 AM »
We read through that question. :D
I assume Guy did too.. his answer is fine by me.  ...I love MK's solo work. :-*
If you ain’t got whiskey

foma

« Reply #1222 on: May 20, 2015, 12:03:55 AM »
Q: Being Mark's big fan for almost 25 years... But this is worst tour and worst song selection as I can remember. Incredibly bad opening also. Very sad in what Mark is turning into... Unfortunately.
A: Strange, why would you be a fan of something you clearly don't like.

So according to Guy you have to like everything and evermore to be a fan? Strangely enough... This rudeness and provocation answers of Doc on his forum makes me think that he also wants to play more songs (both old and new), but he is kinda trying to pretend he's on Mark's side, as if he will read it. Some bad acting to me.

Like in AMIT's 'Setlist Moaners' topic, the more you write, the more aggressive answers you get. So why not just leave setlist questions unanswered?

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #1223 on: May 20, 2015, 01:44:10 AM »
whats Guy supposed to say.?I am sure they not are overly happy about playing a static set list night after night as talented musicians i am sure they want to be pushed, but they are pro's and play each time like its the first time.He has been around a long time he can gauge audience reaction and also get a feel if something isn't working.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1224 on: May 20, 2015, 08:14:27 AM »
as sad as it is, we are a minority of die hard fans, their audiences as a whole are happy if he plays sultans (again) and happy to see him once in general.
still, i would rather go and see him play marbletown 20 times, instead of not being able to see my favorite band/artist not play because they are death/not interested in touring/broke up etc.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #1225 on: May 20, 2015, 08:37:18 AM »
Q: Being Mark's big fan for almost 25 years... But this is worst tour and worst song selection as I can remember. Incredibly bad opening also. Very sad in what Mark is turning into... Unfortunately.

So according to Guy you have to like everything and evermore to be a fan? Strangely enough... This rudeness and provocation answers of Doc on his forum makes me think that he also wants to play more songs (both old and new), but he is kinda trying to pretend he's on Mark's side, as if he will read it. Some bad acting to me.

Like in AMIT's 'Setlist Moaners' topic, the more you write, the more aggressive answers you get. So why not just leave setlist questions unanswered?

I can't see why this is rude and I think you're reading more into it than there is.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
« Reply #1226 on: May 20, 2015, 08:57:12 AM »

I can't see why this is rude and I think you're reading more into it than there is.
agree, I don't think it's rude. I think the question was maybe a bit rude and Guy has a point I think

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #1227 on: May 20, 2015, 09:07:02 AM »

agree, I don't think it's rude. I think the question was maybe a bit rude and Guy has a point I think

Guy has said many times to stop talking about the setlist because he can't say anything about it and maybe more important: he can't do anything about it since he's a hired musician and not Mark Knopfler. So I don't understand why people keep going on about it for ages, and expect him to say something sensible. You can't really blame him for the people who don't seem to understand it. I too think that the question was a bit impolitic.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #1228 on: May 20, 2015, 10:46:27 AM »

It's a fact that you belong to the group of moaners: nothing wrong, since you express what you feel and you are fully entitled to do so. What I don't understand is why it bothers you that others can enjoy the tour. It seems like you are trying to make a numerical comparison between moaners and estimators and I honestly don't understand the usefulness. Maybe you'd feel more "in the right" if the moaners prevail? Maybe you are trying to justify with yourself tha fact that this year you can't appreciate the tour?

Moreover, you talk about aggressive comments towards moaners: don't you wonder that by now everyone already knows your position and that it's a bit annoying to read again and again the same negative comments that add nothing to what you've already clearly expressed?

Enjoying Mark is not an obligation: if you can't, devote yourself to something else, such as making a new cover of 'Chilly Winds' that too quickly (your perfectionism reminds me of someone  ;D) you deleted.

With sympathy

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1229 on: May 21, 2015, 11:12:24 AM »

language barrier does not help here.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 40 queries.