Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 599312 times)

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1410 on: July 01, 2016, 10:40:54 AM »
Dream on Alberto

Te lo sogni, Alberto

Oh...  :( ... speravo qualcosa tipo "continua a sognare, fuochino, ti stai avvicinando"
( I was hoping for something like "keep on dreaming, you're getting close to what is going to come" )  :think

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #1411 on: July 02, 2016, 12:11:12 AM »
I was hoping for something like "keep on dreaming, you're getting close to what is going to come"   :think

I think it is close in meaning to the original phrase, but Italian native speakers can correct me, if they wish.

Alberto, Guy has a tongue slightly forked at the end and makes at times snide comments, but we have to put up with his temper for a lot of reasons.
It must be understood that he can feel aggrieved when everybody asks him about other people, feeling no interest in him personally.   

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
« Reply #1412 on: July 05, 2016, 03:57:51 PM »
I was hoping for something like "keep on dreaming, you're getting close to what is going to come"   :think

I think it is close in meaning to the original phrase, but Italian native speakers can correct me, if they wish.

Alberto, Guy has a tongue slightly forked at the end and makes at times snide comments, but we have to put up with his temper for a lot of reasons.
It must be understood that he can feel aggrieved when everybody asks him about other people, feeling no interest in him personally.   

I'm sure that Guy gets fun in giving answers that can be interpreted in different ways.... and in a way we have fun too!! :-)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1413 on: July 09, 2016, 05:42:34 PM »
Guy at his finest! What future he is talking about? Future of playing 'Done With Bonaparte' for another 20 years? :hmm

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1414 on: July 09, 2016, 06:32:04 PM »
Guy at his finest! What future he is talking about? Future of playing 'Done With Bonaparte' for another 20 years? :hmm

Maybe they plan to release a future show on DVD!   :hmm
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1415 on: July 09, 2016, 08:27:18 PM »

Maybe they plan to release a future show on DVD!   :hmm

It will happen eventually. Maybe even before Half-Life 3 would came out :lol

But DVD is a 20th century technology, I still think how great it would be to officially release 09.09.09 concert on blu-ray or something.

At least we have a "pro-shot bootleg" of it and illegally downloadable video. Or should we also be looking to the future only?

Guy's 'future only' bragging makes me think about skipping his forum at all. We never listen old albums, we never think about old live albums, etc...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:35:18 PM by quizzaciously »

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1416 on: July 10, 2016, 12:25:16 AM »
Guy's 'future only' bragging makes me think about skipping his forum at all. We never listen old albums, we never think about old live albums, etc...

Guy is just not the right person to ask.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #1417 on: July 10, 2016, 11:38:49 AM »

Guy is just not the right person to ask.

I agree. I think decisions about releasing (or not releasing) historical material will be made by Mark and Paul Crockford. In this respect Guy is an employee of Mark's and has to tow the party line.

Of course if there are recordings owned by other record companies (and I do not know if there are or not) those companies may decide to release them independently providing they do not breach any copyright laws

Regards
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 09:59:29 PM by FenderBender »
This baker's boy from the West Country

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #1418 on: July 14, 2016, 07:11:13 PM »

I agree. I think decisions about releasing (or not releasing) historical material will be made by Mark and Paul Crockford. In this respect Guy is an employee of Mark's and has to tow the party line.

Of course if there are recordings owned by other record companies (and I do not know if there are or not) those companies may decide to release them independently providing they do not breach any copyright laws

Hi!

I had brought the Altamira booklet for him to sign at Chalke Valley, and was lucky enough to get his autograph on it (no I did not disturb him). He looked at it and asked me, "When did this came out?" He clearly did not decide the release for that one  :lol

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1419 on: July 14, 2016, 07:48:05 PM »

Hi!

I had brought the Altamira booklet for him to sign at Chalke Valley, and was lucky enough to get his autograph on it (no I did not disturb him). He looked at it and asked me, "When did this came out?" He clearly did not decide the release for that one  :lol

:lol

Funny story!  Like many people these days I would have had to take my laptop to the gig to have it signed by him!  ;)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1420 on: August 04, 2016, 03:03:27 PM »
What's wrong with Guy's forum right now? It says “The penetration by Sheikh Erdogan Shammari” in Arabic:

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1421 on: August 04, 2016, 03:07:38 PM »
What's wrong with Guy's forum right now? It says “The penetration by Sheikh Erdogan Shammari” in Arabic:

Hacked i suppose  :-\
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
« Reply #1422 on: August 04, 2016, 03:13:53 PM »

Dammit, I hoped it was the announcement for the new MK album.... even middle-east influences would be well accepted!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1423 on: August 04, 2016, 03:19:49 PM »

Dammit, I hoped it was the announcement for the new MK album.... even middle-east influences would be well accepted!

????? ????? ????? ???

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #1424 on: August 04, 2016, 05:47:14 PM »

????? ????? ????? ???
The penetration by Sheikh Erdogan Shammari, apparently.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 38 queries.