Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 596638 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1680 on: August 26, 2019, 12:23:40 PM »
I actually think that "Radio City Serenade" is one of the most beautiful tracks that MK had written...

That piano entry with the horns sound from the bay, the sax and trumpet intro, a haunting melody and lyrics, that great little part at the end when a strings sections appears playing the main melody together with the sax and trumpet...

That's the kind of stuff by MK that I love the most. Actually, that's the reason why Privateering wasn't a record I liked when it came out, it mixed such beautiful songs with boring blues... Funnily, it's a record I love nowadays, even with that blues songs on it!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #1681 on: August 26, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »
Yes it's a wonderful album.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Onlinediremark86

• Camerado
« Reply #1682 on: August 26, 2019, 03:12:20 PM »
My first guess is If This Is Goodbye. Think about how fitting that would be. Bonnie can sing with it. Its in New York. Last show of the likely last tour.

Second would be Our Shangri La, which personally, I am praying for in LA.

Last, and far less likely, would be Back On The Dancefloor, but I can't see them practicing something so complex for one show.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1683 on: August 26, 2019, 03:15:23 PM »
My first guess is If This Is Goodbye. Think about how fitting that would be. Bonnie can sing with it. Its in New York. Last show of the likely last tour.

Last, and far less likely, would be Back On The Dancefloor, but I can't see them practicing something so complex for one show.

If they don't play Dancefloor Guy is leaving so Guy may have been pleading with Mark for that one! :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1684 on: August 26, 2019, 04:24:53 PM »

Interesting idea

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinerockaway

• Local Hero
« Reply #1685 on: August 27, 2019, 12:16:42 AM »
I actually think that "Radio City Serenade" is one of the most beautiful tracks that MK had written...

That piano entry with the horns sound from the bay, the sax and trumpet intro, a haunting melody and lyrics, that great little part at the end when a strings sections appears playing the main melody together with the sax and trumpet...

That's the kind of stuff by MK that I love the most. Actually, that's the reason why Privateering wasn't a record I liked when it came out, it mixed such beautiful songs with boring blues... Funnily, it's a record I love nowadays, even with that blues songs on it!

I agree, Radio City Serenade is lovely, one of my favorites as well. I still don't like Privateering all that much minus a few songs, maybe the rest will grow on me

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #1686 on: August 27, 2019, 07:06:25 AM »

If they don't play Dancefloor Guy is leaving so Guy may have been pleading with Mark for that one! :lol

Yes i remember that post from Guy  :lol you can remind him after MSG about leaving the band, don't think they will play it... Doesn't fit the brass really when listening to album version... Same with trapper, probably why it's been skipped as well as OSAAT.. they should focus more on MK than the backing brass guys.. OSAAT was obvious in my pre-tour setlist..

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1687 on: August 27, 2019, 08:36:43 AM »
Actually they can play "Trapper Man" with Bonnie Raitt, the song has brass arrangements, but they are very low in the mix, and also have chorus with female vocals ... and we know they had rehearsed that song for the tour.

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #1688 on: August 28, 2019, 12:20:09 AM »
What about I Dug Up A Diamond? He played that one in 2013, could be a great guitar duet during the outro.

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #1689 on: August 28, 2019, 12:07:59 PM »
I dug up a diamond is a great song but if we are looking for something meant to close the show I don't think it would be fitting.

Wherever I go maybe?

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1690 on: August 28, 2019, 12:19:16 PM »
I dug up a diamond is a great song but if we are looking for something meant to close the show I don't think it would be fitting.

Wherever I go maybe?

If this is goodbye

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #1691 on: September 25, 2019, 06:23:34 AM »
Saw an answer to a question regarding TR being permanently dropped. Guy said it was because the Pensa "sounded awful"...

How awful? I think the soundboards from Spain sound good, to all of you who heard TR in Spain/Portugal, what's your opinion? I really hoped to hear it this tour and was a bit sad when it was dropped.

hunter

« Reply #1692 on: September 25, 2019, 07:13:58 AM »
Saw an answer to a question regarding TR being permanently dropped. Guy said it was because the Pensa "sounded awful"...

How awful? I think the soundboards from Spain sound good, to all of you who heard TR in Spain/Portugal, what's your opinion? I really hoped to hear it this tour and was a bit sad when it was dropped.

It was a sarcastic reply to a silly question.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1693 on: September 25, 2019, 07:34:17 AM »

Totally. Did you expect this kind of answer from always the best, each show is the best show we’ve ever played guy? ;D

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #1694 on: September 25, 2019, 10:09:49 AM »

[/quote]

Totally. Did you expect this kind of answer from always the best, each show is the best show we’ve ever played guy? ;D
[/quote]

On the contrary, I didn't find it surprising. He probably had a little wry smile while writing it ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 38 queries.