Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 590429 times)

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1725 on: April 09, 2020, 05:49:44 PM »
Angelo posted his cover of Why Worry on Guy's forum and asked Guy to pass it to Mark. I'm not a professional at gambling, but I think his chances of Guy passing the message is like... one in a billion, probably. Everybody knows Guy tend to ban everything tribute and covers related, so I'm surprised that some guys don't know that. And that's the reason why I will never ever post anything from my channel on Guy's forum, let alone asking to pass it to Mark. Crazy stuff, but whatever.

Quite bad version in many ways...

The guitar sounds with something that makes it very wrong... An echo? Distortion? I don't know, but it sounds bad.

Not to mention the backing vocals... Or the keyboards...

They lack from a real musical director, someone who really looks after the perfection a cover should chase, specially when you are playing under the "Brothers in Band" name.

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1726 on: April 09, 2020, 06:58:46 PM »
Angelo posted his cover of Why Worry on Guy's forum and asked Guy to pass it to Mark. I'm not a professional at gambling, but I think his chances of Guy passing the message is like... one in a billion, probably. Everybody knows Guy tend to ban everything tribute and covers related, so I'm surprised that some guys don't know that. And that's the reason why I will never ever post anything from my channel on Guy's forum, let alone asking to pass it to Mark. Crazy stuff, but whatever.

The guitar sounds with something that makes it very wrong... An echo? Distortion? I don't know, but it sounds bad.

They lack from a real musical director, someone who really looks after the perfection a cover should chase, specially when you are playing under the "Brothers in Band" name.

Wow, I love your honesty man. I'd never write it down even if I think like that, with the exception when I'm really being pissed off (like my initial reaction to Down The Road Wherever production). I tend to always give people a chance, and I do think that the guys could've done a better job, but at least they try and of course the whole passing to Mark thing is hilarious. The message itself and the song is great, one of Mark's positivity anthems, very appropriate for April 2020.

And absolutely Mark's music is all about details and every microscopic imperfection shines like a lighthouse on a foggy night. So as always it's more complicated than you may think. And nobody ever hates tribute/cover bands, it's always all about the way they play and present themselves.

hunter

« Reply #1727 on: April 09, 2020, 07:26:03 PM »
Funny to ask Guy to pass it on to Mark.

I think it was pretty good, though. And he's been working on his English. Sounds a lot less Italian than it used to.

Offlinekaleo74

• Camerado
« Reply #1728 on: April 09, 2020, 08:40:32 PM »

Wow, I love your honesty man. I'd never write it down even if I think like that, with the exception when I'm really being pissed off (like my initial reaction to Down The Road Wherever production). I tend to always give people a chance, and I do think that the guys could've done a better job, but at least they try and of course the whole passing to Mark thing is hilarious. The message itself and the song is great, one of Mark's positivity anthems, very appropriate for April 2020.

And absolutely Mark's music is all about details and every microscopic imperfection shines like a lighthouse on a foggy night. So as always it's more complicated than you may think. And nobody ever hates tribute/cover bands, it's always all about the way they play and present themselves.

..."Mark's music is all about details and every microscopic imperfection shines like a lighthouse on a foggy night" lol true

Nice try Angelo
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #1729 on: September 05, 2020, 01:43:44 PM »
All this news from Guy makes me happy  ;D

I was a tiny bit miffed that he didn’t give a specific example in answer to my question though. I rarely post there these days but worked hard (mentally) to come up with a good question that could lead to an interesting answer.
lol, i SO know the feeling...

It does make me think, should Guy stop the forum and just keep the existing questions as an archive for people to trawl through (like the old diaries.)
Yes he says he enjoys it and wouldn’t do it unless he enjoyed it but we haven’t had a new answer from him for a long time.
I do understand that there’s a lot of questions he can’t or doesn’t know the answer to, as well as having lots of posts that aren’t real questions when you read them carefully.
But the reality is even with what we might consider “good” questions, I can’t remember the last time a question wasn’t answered along the lines of either: “thank you”, “we look forward not back”, “be patient” or “management are aware”.
If he doesn’t enjoy it anymore then he should probably stop.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #1730 on: August 23, 2021, 08:15:14 PM »
GF:

We have a plan, and a date for the band sessions.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1731 on: August 23, 2021, 08:29:26 PM »
Q ......"if Mark hints at resurrecting ‘Two Skinny Kids’ as a tribute for the new album, give him a nudge! Would be nice to hear that song updated."

Guy : "No nudge required".
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #1732 on: August 23, 2021, 08:35:47 PM »
GF:

:clap
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1733 on: August 23, 2021, 09:00:37 PM »
GF:

Get the kettle on!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1734 on: August 23, 2021, 09:16:03 PM »
GF:

Get the kettle on!

By Jove, more tea Vicar!!!! Things hopefully looking up!!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #1735 on: August 23, 2021, 11:16:51 PM »
Q ......"if Mark hints at resurrecting ‘Two Skinny Kids’ as a tribute for the new album, give him a nudge! Would be nice to hear that song updated."

;D
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1736 on: August 24, 2021, 09:03:09 AM »

I wonder what that means...  :hmm

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1737 on: August 24, 2021, 09:15:20 AM »

I wonder what that means...  :hmm

I take it that MK's already thinking about it or, maybe, he doesn't need reminding about it. :think
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 10:24:19 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1738 on: August 24, 2021, 09:20:02 AM »
GF:

I feel tempted to ask him which date  ;D

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #1739 on: August 24, 2021, 01:08:51 PM »
jbaent do it :) Guy is sure to give an exact date  ;D
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 38 queries.