Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 598879 times)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1755 on: September 21, 2021, 07:08:19 PM »
Year of waiting? I don't believe.

Mixing the album always takes a lot of time. My thoughts are also a september release.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1756 on: September 21, 2021, 08:07:43 PM »
Maybe there is a chance that the album will be released in March just like Tracker.

Maybe but I'd say a little bit later on in 2022....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1757 on: September 21, 2021, 08:10:50 PM »
What do band sessions mean? Like when the whole band comes together in the studio and record MK's songs?

Yes, which means that songs are already arranged, thought out, everything is prepared and means the new album on its way. But of course, the album could have more than one session and it means nothing and it easily could be 1 year from release. But either way, it's always something new and exciting. Probably recording diary where Guy will share more photos of cables and miscellaneous things.

And some microphones for good measure!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1758 on: September 21, 2021, 11:55:49 PM »
The other thing is, there is a global delay in vinyl production just now, leading to the bizarre situation where albums are released on Spotify then on vinyl months later. MK might want to wait until people can buy it.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1759 on: September 22, 2021, 12:03:19 PM »
The other thing is, there is a global delay in vinyl production just now, leading to the bizarre situation where albums are released on Spotify then on vinyl months later. MK might want to wait until people can buy it.

As per this article way back in July..
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/jul/16/pressing-issues-vinyl-revival-held-back-record-store-day

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1760 on: September 22, 2021, 12:16:40 PM »
Brian May in his recent interview with Rick Beato said that in the UK vinyl sales have surpassed CD sales. I think that's very cool.

Though I won't say it's because vinyl is cool, more because CD format is so inconvenient now that even Vinyl beat it. Crazy!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1761 on: September 22, 2021, 12:21:24 PM »
I still buy both, but only new vinyl from my favourite artists.

CDs and used vinyl I pick up cheap second hand. A good 80s CD sounds a lot better than Spotify.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1762 on: September 22, 2021, 12:25:19 PM »
It's mainly Vinyl and download these days to be honest. CD's from MK only these days - and purely for 'the collection'
Mind you I only collect Vinyl from The Shadows, Hank, Joe B, DS or MK.....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1763 on: September 22, 2021, 12:29:44 PM »
Brian May in his recent interview with Rick Beato said that in the UK vinyl sales have surpassed CD sales. I think that's very cool.

Though I won't say it's because vinyl is cool, more because CD format is so inconvenient now that even Vinyl beat it. Crazy!

Again Downloads are so much more convenient than CD but not as nice as Vinyl! Not surprised at all with the CD sales!!

hunter

« Reply #1764 on: September 22, 2021, 08:46:28 PM »
The problem is it's difficult to get really good CD players now (for prices that normal people can pay). I still buy CDs, but I rip them to FLAC on my computer and stream them over my home network. I actually have about 150-200 CDs stored in FLAC format on my phone, so I can stream from there as well via Chromecast (into a separate DAC). Works very well.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1765 on: September 22, 2021, 11:36:38 PM »
I rip to FLAC as well but I have a digital amp so the transport makes no difference (I use a DVD player).

hunter

« Reply #1766 on: September 23, 2021, 12:06:24 AM »
I find a lot of DVD and Blu-ray players to be very noisy, same with inexpensive CD players. You hear the disc spinning, plus Blu-ray players often have fans and what not.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1767 on: September 23, 2021, 08:02:04 AM »
I find a lot of DVD and Blu-ray players to be very noisy, same with inexpensive CD players. You hear the disc spinning, plus Blu-ray players often have fans and what not.

Personally I have a lovely Sony 3D Blu-Ray player that is very silent indeed. But I kind of know what you are getting at......

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #1768 on: September 23, 2021, 09:05:54 AM »
How can CD be inconvenient? you don't need to turn it over, like you do with Vinyl, so I would say it's less inconvenient than Vinyl. I still only buy CD for albums, but for one of songs where I don't want to buy the full album I will download.
I have had a DVD players since they first came out in the mid 90's then Blu-ray, and I have never heard a noisy one, maybe I have just been lucky!!
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

hunter

« Reply #1769 on: September 23, 2021, 09:24:33 AM »
How can CD be inconvenient? you don't need to turn it over, like you do with Vinyl, so I would say it's less inconvenient than Vinyl. I still only buy CD for albums, but for one of songs where I don't want to buy the full album I will download.
I have had a DVD players since they first came out in the mid 90's then Blu-ray, and I have never heard a noisy one, maybe I have just been lucky!!

Maybe I'm just very sensitive to noise. We bought a new Samsung Blu-ray (about 200 euro) ten or twelve years ago. It was rubbish. You heard the disc spin, and the (cheaply made) cabinet clearly resonated. My sons Xbox isn't bad, but it has a fan that switches on once in a while, plus you need to have the TV on. What works, though, is to put the player inside a cabinet and on top of foam pads that will kill vibrations. But it's a hassle.

Higher-end CD players are nothing like this and are heavy and silent, but they are just too expensive. No, for me, the most sensible solution is ripping and streaming locally.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 44 queries.