Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 599617 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1830 on: September 27, 2021, 03:34:20 PM »
If the album is released in 2022, then the tour could be in 2023 and MK will be approaching 74 yrs.   I doubt very much it will happen, I'm sorry to say.

And also some of the band will be aged in 2023 as follows:

Richard Bennett - approaching 72,
Glenn Wharf: 69,
Guy Fletcher: 63,
Mike McGoldrick: 51,
John McCusker: 50,
Ian Thomas: 63,
Danny Cummings: 66....

Don’t worry, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger are 207 and 235 respectively. ;D

Hahahaha!  :lol
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1831 on: September 30, 2021, 08:00:29 AM »
If the album is released in 2022, then the tour could be in 2023 and MK will be approaching 74 yrs.   I doubt very much it will happen, I'm sorry to say.

if dylan can, he can. full stop.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1832 on: September 30, 2021, 08:55:37 AM »

You can't compare it to Dylan, Dylan doesn't sings, he caws... and he plays keyboards or guitar like someone who doesn't know how to play, it's a total mess and disgrace in anything he does on stage. I rather see Phil Collins struggling to sing on a wheel chair.

I don't want MK to do what Dylan does. I don't want to see MK like Dylan. Never. Ever. Full stop.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1833 on: September 30, 2021, 09:10:27 AM »

You can't compare it to Dylan, Dylan doesn't sings, he caws... and he plays keyboards or guitar like someone who doesn't know how to play, it's a total mess and disgrace in anything he does on stage. I rather see Phil Collins struggling to sing on a wheel chair.

I don't want MK to do what Dylan does. I don't want to see MK like Dylan. Never. Ever. Full stop.

Neither do I.   Bob Dylan's part of the 2011 concert was possibly the worst I have ever attended.   I wouldn't want to remember MK sounding like that on tour.   I would rather he concentrates on composing and making albums.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1834 on: September 30, 2021, 09:15:09 AM »

Neither do I.   Bob Dylan's part of the 2011 concert was possibly the worst I have ever attended.   I wouldn't want to remember MK sounding like that on tour.   I would rather he concentrates on composing and making albums.

Anytime someone asks me if he should go to a Dylan concert when he cames to Valencia (which he does often) I always answer "If you never saw him, you have to, swallow the pain he would cause you, and see the legend while he's still alive. If you already saw him once, don't, better stay at home looking cars passing by the street from your window"

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1835 on: September 30, 2021, 12:15:10 PM »
Oh dear, I admit hand in the air that I walked out of his concert in 2011 after only a song or two. It was absolutely shocking!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1836 on: September 30, 2021, 12:20:58 PM »
Oh dear, I admit hand in the air that I walked out of his concert in 2011 after only a song or two. It was absolutely shocking!!

I didn't by respect to the friend who came to that concert with me, as he is a Dylan fan, but I recall I was looking at my watch every now and then, waiting for the pain to finish.... It was the worst experience I ever had in any concert in my whole life.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1837 on: September 30, 2021, 12:26:10 PM »

I didn't by respect to the friend who came to that concert with me, as he is a Dylan fan, but I recall I was looking at my watch every now and then, waiting for the pain to finish.... It was the worst experience I ever had in any concert in my whole life.

We both tried our best to stay but we just couldn't...we even missed MK playing with BD because we left early!

OfflinePeter1981

• Camerado
« Reply #1838 on: September 30, 2021, 12:29:48 PM »
A bit off-topic, but this phrase just made me wonder ;  'Must be no more travelling for old Grandad'!
Is he actually a granddad? As in, having grandchildren?

I agree, but perhaps he may play some 'showcase' shows or similar but I just can't see it to be honest....

Remember his prize quote from the start of the Barcelona 2019 show - 'Must be no more travelling for old Grandad'!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1839 on: September 30, 2021, 12:34:14 PM »
A bit off-topic, but this phrase just made me wonder ;  'Must be no more travelling for old Grandad'!

Not as far as I know...

His son Ben was dating a girl who had a child, so if they had familiy meetings, probably it was Grandda Mark, but Ben has another girlfriend nowadays, so, unless his brother Joe has children, which I don't know...

argg this is too gossip even for me, LOL

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1840 on: September 30, 2021, 12:48:48 PM »

Not as far as I know...

His son Ben was dating a girl who had a child, so if they had familiy meetings, probably it was Grandda Mark, but Ben has another girlfriend nowadays, so, unless his brother Joe has children, which I don't know...

Ha ha!  I would expect it to be a turn of phrase whether true or not.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePeter1981

• Camerado
« Reply #1841 on: September 30, 2021, 03:13:37 PM »
Haha, I did just expect a 'yes' or 'no'  but this is quite an elaborate answer. Impressive research ;-)

Not as far as I know...

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1842 on: September 30, 2021, 06:44:41 PM »
Haha, I did just expect a 'yes' or 'no'  but this is quite an elaborate answer. Impressive research ;-)

Some years ago I was doing some research to travel to Brighton from Spain, and Google kind of connect that search with my Knopfler activity in internet and suggest me to follow the Instagram of someone called Knopfler who lived in Brighton... That was Ben Knopfler, and he put a lot of photos of him, his girlfriend and the little kid in Brighton. I found funny that MK was his grandpa in law, lol

OnlineBrianT

• Camerado
« Reply #1843 on: October 01, 2021, 12:46:52 AM »

We had front row seats, for the MK & Dylan tour in Montreal.

Loved the opening act Mark Knopfler (anyone heard of him ;D), after the intermission Dylan and MK started, MK played with Dylan
for 2 songs, listening to Dylan was hard. Once Mark left the stage, my wife and myself left the area.
So Knopflerfan, you are not on your own.

Brian
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1844 on: October 01, 2021, 01:49:34 AM »

We had front row seats, for the MK & Dylan tour in Montreal.

Loved the opening act Mark Knopfler (anyone heard of him ;D), after the intermission Dylan and MK started, MK played with Dylan
for 2 songs, listening to Dylan was hard. Once Mark left the stage, my wife and myself left the area.
So Knopflerfan, you are not on your own.

Brian

How good to hear from you Brian, I'm glad we are not alone in walking out on BD....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 38 queries.