Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 599099 times)

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1920 on: November 06, 2021, 04:05:06 PM »
February? My God. :-\

Yes, too bad!
BUT
"There's nothing wrong with waiting for the good things in life" MK  :wave
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1921 on: November 06, 2021, 04:10:24 PM »

Yes, too bad!
BUT
"There's nothing wrong with waiting for the good things in life" MK  :wave

Good things come to those who wait....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1922 on: November 06, 2021, 04:30:55 PM »
KnopfleRick, Knopflerfan This is a positive message  :thumbsup :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 04:35:20 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1923 on: November 06, 2021, 04:38:50 PM »
KnopfleRick, Knopflerfan This is a positive message  :thumbsup :)

It most certainly is....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1924 on: November 06, 2021, 05:00:18 PM »

I guess the mystery charity project will be released earlier than February tho, and also John's book on its way, so it's okay :lol

Yes, but I quietly believed that the new album will be released before summer 2022.

Everything seems to be delayed with his albums.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2023 release. 

From the recent interview we learned that since the Covid breakout Alan Clark has managed a few shows and a release.  EC has a release and EJ tops the charts with his lockdown album.  Mark is still months from his first recording session yet.  :(
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1925 on: November 06, 2021, 05:17:59 PM »

I guess the mystery charity project will be released earlier than February tho, and also John's book on its way, so it's okay :lol

Yes, but I quietly believed that the new album will be released before summer 2022.

Everything seems to be delayed with his albums.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2023 release. 

From the recent interview we learned that since the Covid breakout Alan Clark has managed a few shows and a release.  EC has a release and EJ tops the charts with his lockdown album.  Mark is still months from his first recording session yet.  :(

And at 72 years old he is most probably living his life with his family. I don't blame him one bit not going into the studio especially as we STILL have a pandemic....

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1926 on: November 06, 2021, 05:20:37 PM »
I am surprised people still believe anything reported by Guy Fletcher

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1927 on: November 06, 2021, 05:24:47 PM »

And at 72 years old he is most probably living his life with his family. I don't blame him one bit not going into the studio especially as we STILL have a pandemic....

I don't mind, because I'm sure it will be well worth waiting for.  As for those lockdown releases by EC, EJ, AC et al, they are all a snoozefest and rehashes of old songs!  MK's album will be new material.   :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 05:29:04 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1928 on: November 06, 2021, 05:43:40 PM »

I don't mind, because I'm sure it will be well worth waiting for.  As for those lockdown releases by EC, EJ, AC et al, they are all a snoozefest and rehashes of old songs!  MK's album will be new material.   :)

EC & EJ especially, cause lots of snoozefests with any of their material!

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1929 on: November 06, 2021, 05:44:36 PM »

Why??

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #1930 on: November 06, 2021, 05:46:55 PM »

Why??

I kind of get it. It’s a great resource for looking up old questions but I think Guy has lost interest now.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #1931 on: November 07, 2021, 09:41:21 AM »
Eric and Elton have both released album with almost the same name which is weird, and The Lockdown Sessions is hardly original, most of the songs on Eric's are covers, and rehashes, so not much thinking needed there, Elton has lots of co-written songs with multiple people too, Mark's might take longer, but they will all be original songs, and all written by him, I know what I prefer.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1932 on: November 07, 2021, 11:34:02 AM »
Eric and Elton have both released album with almost the same name which is weird, and The Lockdown Sessions is hardly original, most of the songs on Eric's are covers, and rehashes, so not much thinking needed there, Elton has lots of co-written songs with multiple people too, Mark's might take longer, but they will all be original songs, and all written by him, I know what I prefer.

I take all your points and fully agree, however the fact is they have still gone the full cycle and the albums are released.  Mark is months away from the first recording session, meaning the release is still some way off. 
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1933 on: November 07, 2021, 11:56:48 AM »

I take all your points and fully agree, however the fact is they have still gone the full cycle and the albums are released.  Mark is months away from the first recording session, meaning the release is still some way off.

No, they didn't do the full cycle - only a part of it, because there is no new material.  How would it feel if MK did the same thing and just re-worked old songs?  It would be justified to call him lazy. 

PS:  This isn't a race!   ;)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 10:30:38 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #1934 on: November 08, 2021, 10:31:53 AM »
Exactly Val, I would prefer to wait for Mark to release all new songs for his next album, plus the delays with the band sessions are for some reason we don't know about, and really they are nothing to do with us.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 38 queries.