Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 595693 times)

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1965 on: January 05, 2022, 08:17:00 PM »
GF:

"Yes, we will have 2 new albums for you this year, one from me and one from MK"

I am very happy but not a word about Local Hero  :think

Maybe that is the album from MK...

No, local Hero musical is already recorded, only thing is needed is the cast comes to record his voices.

It's like the rocks and water song we already know, it was recorded by the musicians and the actor came to the studio and recorded the vocals.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1966 on: January 06, 2022, 01:42:28 AM »
No way the album would be pushed another year. I'm positive about the 2022 release. I like, however, how Mark tries to do it all the old school way, bringing all the musicians. I think many albums in the Covid era were really experimental ones. Record the album alone, record it with local musicians, record it over the Internet. I'd love to see musicians change in Mark's lineup at least for once, to freshen it up a bit. All the usual suspects.

I know what you mean.  He could use a few British musicians to avoid any complications with restrictions.  Marcus Cliffe could be an interesting inclusion to freshen things up and with Mark playing all guitar parts there's really no need to fly Richard over as he can record his parts in Nashville.  Maybe AC would replace Jim on keys.

Marcus Cliffe is also an excellent guitar player. He would definitely have a lot to bring to the table if he were hired for the recording sessions.

And I'm sure Robbie would be available if necessary too - after all he's not a million miles away from British Grove...
Mind you I expect he will be on tour with John during the Spring....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1967 on: January 06, 2022, 01:46:40 AM »
GF:

"Yes, we will have 2 new albums for you this year, one from me and one from MK"

I am very happy but not a word about Local Hero  :think

Superb, but no LH......

I do so hope LH Soundtrack see's 'light of day' one day......

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #1968 on: January 06, 2022, 10:17:16 AM »
No way the album would be pushed another year. I'm positive about the 2022 release. I like, however, how Mark tries to do it all the old school way, bringing all the musicians. I think many albums in the Covid era were really experimental ones. Record the album alone, record it with local musicians, record it over the Internet. I'd love to see musicians change in Mark's lineup at least for once, to freshen it up a bit. All the usual suspects.

I know what you mean.  He could use a few British musicians to avoid any complications with restrictions.  Marcus Cliffe could be an interesting inclusion to freshen things up and with Mark playing all guitar parts there's really no need to fly Richard over as he can record his parts in Nashville.  Maybe AC would replace Jim on keys.

Marcus Cliffe is also an excellent guitar player. He would definitely have a lot to bring to the table if he were hired for the recording sessions.

And I'm sure Robbie would be available if necessary too - after all he's not a million miles away from British Grove...

It would be great. Also Geraint Watkins. And with Danny too of course. 

But it just won't happen.  :disbelief

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1969 on: January 06, 2022, 12:22:45 PM »

It would be great. Also Geraint Watkins. And with Danny too of course. 

But it just won't happen.  :disbelief

Oh yes, how could I forget the excellent Geriant.  He'd be very welcome into the UK dream team!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #1970 on: January 06, 2022, 04:45:11 PM »
So the UK dream-team would be :

Mark, Guy, Robbie, Marcus, Danny, one of the Folkies either John or Mike and Geraint.

Sounds like the hell of a band to me  :P

Who else ?

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1971 on: January 06, 2022, 07:59:22 PM »

Mark, Guy, Robbie, Marcus, Danny, one of the Folkies either John or Mike and Geraint.

Who else ?

Ianto, Nigel and Tom

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #1972 on: January 06, 2022, 08:22:52 PM »

Who else ?

Ianto, Nigel and Tom
Please leave Tom at home this time. I can't stand another album full of trumpet

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #1973 on: January 07, 2022, 09:28:14 AM »

Who else ?

Ianto, Nigel and Tom

If you have Danny in your band, you don't need another drummer. And the guy can play percussions too  ;D

Nigel? Good point, I forgot about a sax player. Tom? Why not on one or two songs but I'm not sure Mark's music goes well with too much trumpet. Again, my 2 ct opinion…

Do we have now our UK dream band?  8)

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #1974 on: January 09, 2022, 04:30:45 PM »
Keyboard player has to be Jim, he's way above Geraint or anyone else I think!

His parts always bring something to Mark's songs and his playing is at times heavenly.

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #1975 on: January 09, 2022, 07:36:17 PM »
It would be a UK band so no Jim, sorry Pierre. ;D

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1976 on: January 10, 2022, 11:04:58 AM »
Diaries starting February 1st.

I doubt they have the band session until February 14th if they want to have the whole band at the same time, as McCusker and McGoldrick are playing the Transatlantic Sessions gigs until February 11st (saturday), so I guess that diary entry would be the typical gear one, unless they start recording the rest of musicians, and the folkies comes some weeks later!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1977 on: January 10, 2022, 11:52:18 AM »

I doubt they have the band session until February 14th if they want to have the whole band at the same time, as McCusker and McGoldrick are playing the Transatlantic Sessions gigs until February 11st (saturday), so I guess that diary entry would be the typical gear one, unless they start recording the rest of musicians, and the folkies comes some weeks later!

I would suggest March 2022 at the earliest for a full band session at BG due to ongoing Omicron restrictions here in the UK...

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1978 on: January 10, 2022, 12:35:59 PM »

I would suggest March 2022 at the earliest for a full band session at BG due to ongoing Omicron restrictions here in the UK...

As I'm traveling to attend the Transatlantic Sessions concert in Bath, I'm following the current restrictions to fly to the UK, and those had been reduced to a Lateral Flow Test they need to take before the day two of their stay, and they don't have to isolate anymore, so they can start working from day one, and there won't be any problem unless they are positive, so I think they can start recording safely from day one, as I'm sure they would had tested themselves before starting.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

If you meaned that, of course. I don't know which are the conditions when it comes to gather people in a recording studio.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1979 on: February 11, 2022, 06:24:24 PM »
Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.544 seconds with 36 queries.