Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A new Chris Botti album. With Mark?  (Read 8359 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: A new Chris Botti album. With Mark?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 12:47:08 AM »
With so many MK contributions in 2011, plenty of them already released, plus old recordings like Bo Walton's surfacing, we could make a double CD! But still no MK solo album. Maybe we should start a thread - poll, and bet on the release of the new album. I remember from March on, many thought that a new album was on the way. Any definite answers from Guy? I still think that they were recording for the PP OST and maybe for the next movie that came across. Also I believe it is time for a nice double live record, with some BD in it thank you very much.  :lol

By the way any more info about  the name of Botti's album, and when  it's due?    

?? Do I miss something?

There are working on a new MK solo album.... You don't know that? Release date still unknown. A dutch radio station said spring/summer 2012.

Is it, now. Really any confirmation, by someone close, that is in fact an MK solo and not an OST or any of the one sI mentioned? Not that I really care. When a new album is out I will get it, and I really don't get all this anticipation. That is why I wrote the first mail anyway. And yes I heard again KTGC and it is a nice record to write letters with. Can't distract you at all! ;D  ( yes this one belongs to another thread but I am hiding from the wrath of Rollergirl. It is statistically possible to be hit by a lightning twice or even a 100 times but very unlikely)  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:02:39 AM by VGONIS2002 »
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 12:53:41 AM »
Did you miss the new MK album diary?

The new record will be released during 2012 for sure (some birds told me), more likely around spring as the tour was being scheduled for 2012 as well, and MK usually tours from late march/early april until late july/early august.

Guy mentioned very briefly that some sessions for the MK record will take place at the end of november (as soon as they finish their tour with Bob Dylan), remember that harmonica player that mentioned he was about to play in MK new record at the end of november.

I guess that the music score will be recorded during december, as the initial plans were release the film at january 2012, but I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 01:12:51 AM »
Yes I know most of the info you so kindly mention jbaent, apart from the birds in the brackets. :lol Anyway, from BiA to OES it took 6 years.  :lol But in the middle we had MFN.
As for the harmonica player, I think that it is more likely to play on  the OST. But maybe he should have asked from BD. ;D

But like I said, this surprise tour, movie and all, will affect the original timetable, that wasn't so solid in the first place anyway. The cat that ate the birds and the curiosity that killed the cat, took the secret to the grave. Who can tell the future? By the way, I still wait for these Jimi Hendrix sessions with Miles. I guess MK and Chris Botti are going to make something similar. ;)

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 02:05:52 AM »
Actually they had plans before the BD tour for everything, that got delayed because of the BD tour, but as Guy mentioned, it wont affect that much to all the plans...

Its true when Guy said that this year will be full of good stuff  ;D

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
i wonder how long in advance mark and bob decided on this, and when Guy was informed..
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 11:58:07 AM »
Bob calling
B: Hello Mark.
M: Hi Bob.
B: How is the family. Don't mind answering, don't have much time,  I was just polite. Look, how about a tour together.
M: It would be an honor playing with you Bob.  
B: Who said anything about playing together? Together through life was just the title of my record, didn't actually mean anything with this. I mean put your band   back together and play before me for a couple of months.
M: OK Bob this can be arranged. Let's schedule this. I think I can arrange something for 2013, but if I push things a bit, late 2012 can also be arranged. What do you think?
B: What are you talking about. I am on the airport on the way there, that's why I said I don't have time. Tell you what, I will give you 24 hours, otherwise I will try Iron Maiden. They have three guitar players and terrific stage show. I might even ask them to lent me Eddie for my stage show.
M: Bob, it is last minute, and I have an album to record, a soundtrack, 12 guest appearances, 2 awards, a couple of races and of course time for the family and cleaning the carpets for the winter.
B: Yeah, yeah. Alright, I will let you play with me on a couple of songs after the first three gigs. Deal?
M: Well...
B: Will record and produce a live album together.
M: Still...
B: Play on your new album.
M: OK then. I guess all Dylan fans will rush to buy this and skyrocket my sales. It would be a dream come true, at least for Pottel.
B: Yeah, Pottel. A great fan . What I'd do for this guy.
M :I'd give him my right arm, but he prefers it attached to my body in order to play the guitar.
B: So it's a deal. Pick me up at six from Heathrow, will you? Don't tell Guy, it'll be a surprise. In fact why don't you sent him to pick us up?
Hangs up
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 07:02:36 PM by VGONIS2002 »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »
i was told to tell no one...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 02:44:49 PM »
Mark isn't racing anymore.

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 09:58:15 AM »
Mark isn't racing anymore.

LE

So I have been watching videos from previous races? Or was it Nick Mason? Never mind. I am still listening to KTGC. My wife just strolled in the room asking who is that singing. Who do you think, I said. Bruce Springsteen, she replied! (the song playing was The fizzy and the still) But it would have certainly become my desert island record.  ;) 

Rollergirl

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 10:17:54 AM »
( yes this one belongs to another thread but I am hiding from the wrath of Rollergirl. It is statistically possible to be hit by a lightning twice or even a 100 times but very unlikely)  

You can run but you can't hide  ;D  ;D

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 07:07:08 PM »
( yes this one belongs to another thread but I am hiding from the wrath of Rollergirl. It is statistically possible to be hit by a lightning twice or even a 100 times but very unlikely) 

You can run but you can't hide  ;D  ;D

Yes but we don't play hide and seek! Actually lately, I can't either run or hide. Must be middle age crises. Or maybe Greece falling apart from the idiocy of our not so dear prime minister.
Anyway, back to the topic.

Love Expresso

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 03:59:02 PM »
News on this topic, I am sure you all have seen this on MKNews. If not, I might be allowed to post it here:

MK & CHRIS BOTTI: Mark and the band have collaborated with Chris Botti to record a track for Chris' new CD Impressions scheduled for release on the 17th of April. Mark plays and sings on What A Wonderful World. (updated: 07/03/12)

So a new track with MK playing AND singing would be welcome anytime. I wonder if Chris Botti sings at all, I mean does MK sing all the lyrics of this great classic song or is he dueting again like he did with Jimmy Webb?

Next month, nice!

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 07:39:18 PM »
Thanks for the info LE. :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 44 queries.