Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Bruce Springsteen  (Read 12311 times)

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Bruce Springsteen
« on: November 26, 2011, 08:57:40 PM »
Today I ordered my tix for The Boss' tour next year! Am super excited! Only discovered him a few months ago... The Rising has been playing in my car stereo for quite a while now. So, anybody else here into The Boss?

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
Re: Bruce Springsteen
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
You want to listen to shows from the "Darkness on the edge of town "Tour in 1978 Goldenheart...Bruce and E-Street at their best..there is a show from Atlanta in '78 on Dime that is excellent. I saw them on that tour..and to this day it is still one of the best concerts I have ever seen..the level of energy in the arena that night was unimaginable. I've seen him a few times since then...'84..'86..and by himself in a small theatre in 1992 touring on "The Ghost of Tom Joad"..all great shows but none could compare to the '78 show.
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 10:47:41 PM »
Yes i have been a fan for the last 27 years ,wasn't old enough in the 70's but there are plenty of great boots from that era,try and get hold of the the promise box set that is really the essance of Bruce.For whatever reason the tour dates aren't really working out for me so not sure if i will catch a show on the coming tour but will be there in spirit if not in mind. If Bruce is in your town catch him.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 10:51:52 PM »
I love his second album, The wild , the innocent and the E street shuffle. But every album has hidden treasures. But I can't say I have spent much time with his records after 1991.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 02:58:47 AM »
Every now and then when I'm in the mood, just love me an epic listen of Bruce's 3 cd live boxset from the mid eighties! Such passion in his speeches, singing and playing.
Our band has been doing an ok version of 'Fire' as heard on the boxset!
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 04:57:21 PM »
For all the Bruce and Bob Seger fans out there..thought I would post this here..just happened the night before last...a classic!!
http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/bruce-springsteen-and-bob-seger-perform-old-time-rock-roll-in-nyc-20111202?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter#comments
Enjoy!    ;D
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Jackal

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 05:27:57 PM »
Nice clip with Bruce and Bob. I don't know anything about Bob Seger, and I must admit that when you see the clip you want to say "Dad, you're drunk. Go home."  ;D

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 08:17:43 PM »
At Dylan's induction to the RnR hall of fame, (in the 80ies?) he played "Forever young" with Bruce Springsteen. Can't find the video, but searching I found out that they have performed it again and again!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 10:20:45 PM »
I saw him a few years ago & came out of the gig a bit disappointed - like a lot of people I'd listen to his music but I wouldnt be a die hard fan or anything like it.The gig was about 3 hours long & he must have played 25 songs in the set but I'd say that I knew about 5 at best .I remember coming out of the gig & saying to myself is that what casual MK fans feel like when they come out of a MK gig - dont get me wrong if you were up in the front, had all the albums & had a bladder like an elephant youd have had a ball but I like the easier life where I can have a few pints & a leak when I need to :o :o As I say if you know all the material & have a belly full of beer then go for it with an empty bottle but I wont be going back - been there & didnt buy the tshirt ;)
If it aint broke dont fix it!

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 07:18:48 PM »
I've been a fan of Broooooce since 84, and will of course attend his show in Oslo the coming summer. Bruce is the greatest live artist ever!

Offlinedreamsound

• Local Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 01:34:39 PM »
Wow, great, goldenheart96 ! Where are you going? I'm thinking about one of German or Norwegian dates, but have not decided still.
I've been to 3 Bruce's shows in 2009, he's an absolutely fantastic man.
A security guard said it was total foolishness on our part to attend the show in the rain. We laughed and said we were indeed the most foolish folks in the world. --Tee, JTO

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 07:56:57 PM »
Wow, great, goldenheart96 ! Where are you going? I'm thinking about one of German or Norwegian dates, but have not decided still.
I've been to 3 Bruce's shows in 2009, he's an absolutely fantastic man.

I'm going to see him in Frankfurt on May 25 - and maybe a second time in Zurich. Really, really looking forward to the show(s)!
Heard awesome things about the 2009 tour, too, so I can't wait to see for myself  8)

Offlinedreamsound

• Local Hero
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 11:48:59 PM »
Be sure, you'll be satisfied!  ;)
A security guard said it was total foolishness on our part to attend the show in the rain. We laughed and said we were indeed the most foolish folks in the world. --Tee, JTO

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 06:06:02 PM »
Bruce's new single "We Take Care Of Our Own":

From the upcoming album "Wrecking Ball", release date March 6.

Love Expresso

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »
Lyrics are quite tricky and capable of being misunderstood - the same as with Born in the USA. Musically repetition seems to be his style for some time now. I like it nevertheless.

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 38 queries.