Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Knopfler This year Live!!  (Read 14395 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Re: Knopfler This year Live!!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 10:27:57 AM »
Does any of you believe that we could get -at last- a MK/BD bluray this time, just like we got a MK/EH DVD back in 2006 ?
Where there any cameras at Hammersmith Odeon, sorry, Appolo, that would gives some hope for an "Alchemy II" live album ?
Would love it: same place, only 28 years later, but almost same energy !
Too bad no TR, no BR, no Piper... but would be better than nothing...
Can the economic rationale "one bluray, two artists" can prevail ?

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 10:38:45 AM »
Brothers in  music. (Son in music, for that matter)
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »
Yes, quite simply I think it was the best tour since 2005.  That's what makes it so annoying that it was only half a set and we didn't get a better (in my opinion) set list.  One wonders why he wasn't playing like that on the last couple of tours though... ???

Having a chair stuck to his backside (unavoidable) didn't help ;)
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »
Yes, quite simply I think it was the best tour since 2005.  That's what makes it so annoying that it was only half a set and we didn't get a better (in my opinion) set list.  One wonders why he wasn't playing like that on the last couple of tours though... ???

I seem to remember in 2010 lots of people saying he played better than ever sitting down and hoped he kept the chair!   ::)

I, myself, liked how he played sitting down, but, I agree, he certainly plays more powerfully and energetically standing up, plus the way he moves is mesmerising - he can't do that on a stool!   :P
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 12:42:12 PM »
Does any of you believe that we could get -at last- a MK/BD bluray this time, just like we got a MK/EH DVD back in 2006 ?
Where there any cameras at Hammersmith Odeon, sorry, Appolo, that would gives some hope for an "Alchemy II" live album ?
Would love it: same place, only 28 years later, but almost same energy !
Too bad no TR, no BR, no Piper... but would be better than nothing...
Can the economic rationale "one bluray, two artists" can prevail ?
I absolutely have no hope.
I didn't see any camera on the 1st night and I don't think there was the days after.

This was a Dylan tour and MK's stay-away attitude was very obvious.
His mission was to play the first act, no more, no less.
He did great, he had a lot of fun opening for Bob but he stayed very professional.
He wouldn't add any distraction such as video cameras in the house.

The other option is maybe Bob had organized something.
Hard to believe. I think he's less open than Mark on the video question.  ::)

If they don't film, someone else has to.   :-[

OfflinexxFordiexx

• Camerado
  • Knopfler is KING!
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 06:24:23 AM »

I seem to remember in 2010 lots of people saying he played better than ever sitting down and hoped he kept the chair!   ::)

I, myself, liked how he played sitting down, but, I agree, he certainly plays more powerfully and energetically standing up, plus the way he moves is mesmerising - he can't do that on a stool!   :P

Not me, that's for sure..... I wa more worried that he'd end up keeping the chair he said he enjoyed using it on a few occasions... PHEW thank God :)
Fordie

A long time ago came a man on the track......

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »
I was just coming home two hours ago from work, had to go by train, left the bookstore where I work which is in the middle of a German Christmas Market at the moment, which is absolutey pandemonium in this German area: Thousands of drunken people, it is much more like a donnybrook with too much booze than anything else. Overcrowded, late, superheated train, full of cullet and the smell of beer and booze, and the level of hue was totally out of any line. BUT: I was able to listen to the HANNOVER HAUL AWAY recording, and it was a little oasis of bliss for a few minutes, I closed my eyes, beamed my mind back to Hannover on that evening, and I repeated the track three or four times... Mark sings so great on this one... So yes, the new stuff is really awesome for every possible situation!  :)

LE

Haha LE, your comment made me smile. Most of the time I use the buss to get to work and as soon as I step in the buss, I put on my litle headphone and after connecting it to my mobilephone, I start listening to Mark's music as well and ..........close my eyes to be on my own little island between all the young school kids! LOL .....What a way to start and end the (working) day with listening to all the beautiful songs! ;D

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »
Perhaps we should change the title of this thread to "Knopfler Last Year Live!!" ;D ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineMK4ever

• Guitar George
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 02:07:14 PM »
If Mark does a tour this year, I would love him even more if he would get of his high horse, and do a SHOW..
The concert with BD in Jyske Bank Boxen, was incredibly boring. Dont get me wrong, I love the music to death, but I will not spend a dime on another "show", if it doesnt change.. :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:11:52 PM by MK4ever »

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 10:28:54 AM »
MK4ever: MK has never done a show, if you mean with show moving and playing like a lot of rock&roll stars do. He plays, that's it. But he plays like an angel and it's always better than on an album. If you don't like him standing there then it's better not to go to a live-show. I don't need him to run around the stage, I don't need lightshows, I only want that music. And of course I would love to hear him doing some longer solos, but I am totally happy with every liveshow he is doing.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »
MK4ever: MK has never done a show, if you mean with show moving and playing like a lot of rock&roll stars do. He plays, that's it. But he plays like an angel and it's always better than on an album. If you don't like him standing there then it's better not to go to a live-show. I don't need him to run around the stage, I don't need lightshows, I only want that music. And of course I would love to hear him doing some longer solos, but I am totally happy with every liveshow he is doing.

I agree entirely!   All I want is to hear MK's wonderful music and I am never disappointed.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePyroaction

• Camerado
    • AFMK
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »
In 2012, I want MK to be Lady Gaga.  ;D
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Jackal

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 12:40:37 PM »
In 2012, I want MK to be Lady Gaga.  ;D

No, you don't.

OfflineMK4ever

• Guitar George
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 12:42:17 PM »
...and I totally agree .. ;) I've followed Mark since the very beginning, and loved him ever since. All I'm saying is, he COULD try and do something different next time. I've seen him 8 times including Dire Straits. He says the same things, does the same moves, at every show, thinking it's the first time..the internet has been around for at least 15 years now..

OfflineMK4ever

• Guitar George
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 12:43:54 PM »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 40 queries.