Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Knopfler This year Live!!  (Read 14393 times)

OnlineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: Knopfler This year Live!!
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2012, 07:48:23 PM »
Well, this is not a place to discuss this, but DP was/is RB. Even Lord and the others (even Gillan) said Ritchie was the prime mover of ther band, he was the one with the riffs, the ideas. As for the credits - they made a deal at the beggining that everyone should get a credit, but it not represented who actualy wrote the songs. Do you follow them now? Its a tribute to RB, 90% of the set is Ritchies songs.... Anyway, boring stuff for a DS forum..

Well I don't find it boring at all  :)

even in MK forum, I think we can talk about music in general  :)

I find fascinating to search where music comes from

does it come from a band, from a single musician ?

In another thread, I gave the example of money : it is writen and composed by Waters, even the famous riff, but of course, it would never have sounded the same without Gilmour

so in the case of DP, even if Blackmore wrote almost all songs, he didn't sang it, and the guiart wasn't always the "main" instrument, so I'd say that others musicians brought more "ideas" than DS musicians did.

I see a difference between :
Mk who write, compose, play,sing, produce a song

and :
RB write a song, and it is sung by another one, and "played" by others (Lord's keyboard are an important key of the DP sound)

I'd say it's a bit like a Who song, composed by PT, but played by the band

PS - RB says he was influenced by the way Hendrix moved, his playin he says was "weird".

of course it was, I don't remember who said that (a bluesman or a journalist ?) : Jimi played the blues from the delta, but this delta was on Mars  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:52:36 PM by Jean-Fran »

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2012, 12:12:29 AM »
[quote author=Jean-Fran
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Love Expresso

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2012, 07:55:20 AM »
Yaaaawwwwnnnnn.....

And RB is...? Richard Bennett?  ::)

You cannot honestly be expect me to read all this Hendrix stuff here at this KNOPFLER THIS YEAR LIVE thread...

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »
[quote author=Jean-Fran
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2012, 10:32:16 AM »
Yaaaawwwwnnnnn.....

And RB is...? Richard Bennett?  ::)

You cannot honestly be expect me to read all this Hendrix stuff here at this KNOPFLER THIS YEAR LIVE thread...

LE
yes indeed, any discusion is allowed on the MK forum, but try and do it in the respective forums. RB is Ritchie Blackmore, another not too bad guitar player :-)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2012, 01:14:18 PM »
Yes, indeed. And you vgonis, you should know better.  :lol
Sorry guys, but it was to good to let go. After all we are not going to see MK live this year, and I thought I might use this thread and not let it go to waste. And after all Hendrix is the key to all guitar related musician, that is why I thought  it relevant.  ;D
RB is Richie Blackmore, as Pottel so rightly mentions. DP stands for Deep Purple and the rest initials are the other members of DP. Now that you can understand and follow the discussion, you are welcome to participate. ;)
Thank you for your understanding and it won't happen again. At least not on this thread.  :P

Love Expresso

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaahhh, I was only kiddin'

But as the mentioned year is over the thread is done anyway... So why not.

Maybe I will open a new thread called "Knopfler this year live (again!)"  ;D

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2012, 03:33:41 PM »
As the great Lenin said: "You should read the previous page".  ;D
LE I know what you mean. It is a nightmare when you go back and search for info in the related topics and you find irrelevant material. Genuine apologies, even if you were joking and I pushed the joke to its limits. :)
But let's not make this thread an apologies thread or we're going to hear it again...
I think that MK is going to perform in small venues in April and May to promote the new soundtrack (except if the soundtrack  music is to be a part of his new album. Who said there going to be two separate releases?  And then after the release of his new album in August 14th , he is going to tour in October to December, but mainly in the US, so he can do the same split gigs, this time with Leonard Cohen.  :P
How about this being related?  :-*  (first time to use this little face, that sends kisses. It is rather awful, and it may be misinterpreted. Sorry in advance)

Love Expresso

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2012, 04:00:28 PM »
 ;D

MK has never done live promo work for his soundtracks as far as I remember. Would be cool if he did so. I really think that there are two separated releases. It was quite cool on the 1996 tour when he put in these little soundtrack pieces into the set list.

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »
Maybe, but I believe that Alchemy was in order to promote the Local Hero and in a smaller degree Comfort and Joy soundtracks and movies. It starts  and ends with music from Local Hero, and contains PI and Telegraph road that both can be heard during comfort and joy as the original compositions and re-writes (Joy and a fistful of ice cream) After all both movies came after LoG.  ;D 

OfflinePixelPerfect

• Local Hero
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2012, 09:57:13 PM »
Yes! I have thought for a while now that MK should do stuff from his soundtracks on his world tours! Like, "Irish Boy" or "The Long Road" from Cal; these would work well with the musicians he tours with. Especially now that Mike McGoldrick has been playing the "elbow" pipes on the past couple tours. And if the crowd wants some more electric guitar: Wag the Dog tracks!

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2012, 04:04:50 AM »
Right on brother PixelPerfect!And Priveteering could be from Private peaceful. Even Corn beef...Maybe this tour can be the OST tour.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2012, 12:53:40 PM »
Yes! I have thought for a while now that MK should do stuff from his soundtracks on his world tours! Like, "Irish Boy" or "The Long Road" from Cal; these would work well with the musicians he tours with. Especially now that Mike McGoldrick has been playing the "elbow" pipes on the past couple tours. And if the crowd wants some more electric guitar: Wag the Dog tracks!

I love The Long Road.  The acoustic guitar playing at the end just as it's fading out is sublime. :P
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 44 queries.