Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Help with my photography website  (Read 11182 times)

OfflineIan Lewis

• Camerado
    • Ian Lewis Photography
Help with my photography website
« on: September 16, 2008, 01:02:10 PM »
Hello everyone, sorry this is so far off topic, but I need your help.  Someone of you may or may not know my website www.ianlewis147.com.  It is a website showing photos I have taken around my home county of Cornwall (occasionally further afield).  Cornwall is situated in the south-west of England and in my opinion is stunning (hence why I moved here)!!! :)

My website is doing okay, it is not a commercial prospect but as I am paying for the hosting each year it would be nice to get some more hits.  If you search 'Ian Lewis Photography' in google it ranks 3rd, which is a great achievement.  The draw back is who searches Ian Lewis Photography?  Very few!!  As my site is primarily images of Cornwall, I am looking to invest in a domain name that better reflects this.  Cornwall is a very popular tourist place, so as you can imagine most of the best domains are already taken.  I have been doing my research and the domains as in the poll are still available.  Given you now know the background to the website I would appreciate it if people would vote for the domain which best suits the website and will help people find it when searching the internet for photos of Cornwall.  If you have any other suggestions that would be helpful too, I can check to see if they are available.

Thank-you :)

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
Re: Help with my photography website
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 01:08:40 PM »
Hi Ian

I picked cornwall-pictures cause it looked clearer (easier to read the 2 names 2nd would have been cornwall-photography) to me.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 02:09:24 PM »
Hi Ian

I picked cornwall-pictures cause it looked clearer (easier to read the 2 names 2nd would have been cornwall-photography) to me.

Makes sense. How about www.oo-ar-picturesofcows.com ?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 03:02:50 PM »
I think picturesofcows.com is already taken, Dusty.....by Marie, of course. :)   Ian, I vote for cornwall-pictures.com.  Clear, concise & to the point.  Beautiful photos -- I'd like to go there someday.
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 05:03:22 PM »
Hello everyone, sorry this is so far off topic, but I need your help.  Someone of you may or may not know my website www.ianlewis147.com.  It is a website showing photos I have taken around my home county of Cornwall (occasionally further afield).  Cornwall is situated in the south-west of England and in my opinion is stunning (hence why I moved here)!!! :)

My website is doing okay, it is not a commercial prospect but as I am paying for the hosting each year it would be nice to get some more hits.  If you search 'Ian Lewis Photography' in google it ranks 3rd, which is a great achievement.  The draw back is who searches Ian Lewis Photography?  Very few!!  As my site is primarily images of Cornwall, I am looking to invest in a domain name that better reflects this.  Cornwall is a very popular tourist place, so as you can imagine most of the best domains are already taken.  I have been doing my research and the domains as in the poll are still available.  Given you now know the background to the website I would appreciate it if people would vote for the domain which best suits the website and will help people find it when searching the internet for photos of Cornwall.  If you have any other suggestions that would be helpful too, I can check to see if they are available.

Thank-you :)

Hi Ian - do you know if the domain name that has a hyphen in it is going to get less or more or the same hits as one without a hyphen? Do you know what I mean?

OfflineIan Lewis

• Camerado
    • Ian Lewis Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 08:21:30 PM »
I know what you mean, it's probably going to get less.  We'll have too wait and see as I've already taken the plunge for www.cornwall-pictures.com!!! :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 38 queries.