Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark and Bob in the ol' USA  (Read 27069 times)

Offlinepanzerdriver

• Guitar George
  • Tell me how we're gonna do what's best....
Mark and Bob in the ol' USA
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:42:31 PM »
Okay, through whatever problem caused my being dropped **AGAIN** out of the system, I am now panzerdriver (don't ask). Everybody here who knows me knows me as Jacki or jcser. So I'm back....

Now to business. It was announced on MSN that MK and Bob are DEFINITELY going to be doing a tour in the US this year. Am I being incredibly redundant and out-of-the-loop or has this been discussed already? I am not above being so numb to events that this announcement, given by Guy or someone else, went right by me. So does anybody know for sure? Is there any kind of a schedule yet? Venues? Someone be kind to a vague old lady and drop a few words here please. :P
A hen can lay a golden egg, but she still can't sing.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Mark and Bob in the ol' USA
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:03:14 PM »
Hi Jacki, jcser, panzerdriver or whatever - welcome back!   It's great to have you here again!   :D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:24:20 PM »
Hey, interesting nickname! What's the story behind it? Hehe  :-*

Nothing official yet about the Bob & Mark US summer tour 2012. I hope they won't do it... First, I couldn't go the US and see them, second, I saw them twice last year and Number three it would delay the release of MK's new album... So please, not another Mark & Bob tour. New album instead, please!

LE

(two more posts and I reach my year of birth - coooool)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:33:24 PM by Love Expresso »

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 01:14:21 AM »
This is what Panzerdriver is referring to...http://music.msn.com/2012-new-music-guide-major-tours/photo-gallery/feature/?photoidx=5. Not sure how something like this would appear on a site like MSN with no validity to it..but one never knows.
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 04:56:42 AM »
Okay, through whatever problem caused my being dropped **AGAIN** out of the system, I am now panzerdriver (don't ask). Everybody here who knows me knows me as Jacki or jcser. So I'm back....

But..but...your two original accounts are still here:   :)

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=26
http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=660
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 05:11:11 AM »
Hey, interesting nickname! What's the story behind it? Hehe  :-*

Nothing official yet about the Bob & Mark US summer tour 2012. I hope they won't do it... First, I couldn't go the US and see them, second, I saw them twice last year and Number three it would delay the release of MK's new album... So please, not another Mark & Bob tour. New album instead, please!

LE

(two more posts and I reach my year of birth - coooool)

LE, how could you say something soo unfair like that :D  We want a share of the experience you guys had with MK/BD.  I'm soo excited already if the news is true.  The new album can wait. ;D

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 11:17:50 AM »
i would be happy to get another shitload of recordings, even if i would not be able to go see them. the album WILL come some day and a tour WILL follow, so why the fuzz, as long as my man is on a stage i do not care. and the advantage with Dylan is that he is not predictable as MK is and that will force him to come out of the safe zone. cool....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »
If this proves to be true (which may take a while to get the 'official' announcement)..I don't see why it would delay the release of the new album..the album should be just about finished by now. If anything..they may decide to step up the release date to coincide with the summer tour..if there is one.
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Love Expresso

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 03:13:30 PM »
You're all right of course. I am happy for the US people who weren't able to participate the last tour. And Pottel, touring with Bob is better of course than doing nothing, you are right. Whereas I am not so sure if MK really came out of his comfort zone last time...   But as long as the quality of his show will increasing like it did at the last little tour, it will be fine with me. It seems I was in a "funny" mood yesterday evening...  :lol :lol :lol (How comes....)

LE

Offlinepanzerdriver

• Guitar George
  • Tell me how we're gonna do what's best....
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 04:25:39 PM »
But..but...your two original accounts are still here:   

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=26
http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=660

Dan - as you've probably heard me say a few times, I'm woefully inept at puters...and for whatever reason, the last time I tried one of the other accounts (and of course I had forgotten my password), I could not access the 'Forgot your password?' feature...so in frustration (because I really wanted news) I started ANOTHER account. Getting to be a clutterbug in my dotage! :-\
A hen can lay a golden egg, but she still can't sing.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »
Dan I have a similar problem. I am just lucky that my password is saved by the computer I use. I can only post from this computer only! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 07:20:24 PM »
I think this tour will happen. The Europe tour was a big success and MK and BD clearly enjoyed it. Because Bob likes breaks between shows, it could take a long time to cover the US! Perhaps MK will have to go South, where he doesn't usually play.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
I don't know how much success has anything to do with it. The venues, I've heard, were not packed, and there was too much going after Knopfler part and coming fr the Dylan show. And a lot of people preferred missing Dylan, no matter if Knopfler played. At least that is what I understood. I guess Knopfler and Dylan fans are not that compatible. 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 12:21:49 AM »
I don't know how much success has anything to do with it. The venues, I've heard, were not packed, and there was too much going after Knopfler part and coming fr the Dylan show. And a lot of people preferred missing Dylan, no matter if Knopfler played. At least that is what I understood. I guess Knopfler and Dylan fans are not that compatible. 

Sounds a bit strange to me that people who are Knopfler fans rush out of the concert venue only to avoid hearing Dylan on stage, even though they might miss a duet or two. What's the hurry? How bad can it be? It is still Dylan, so if I got the chance, even though I don't know his music that much, I would definitely cancel all other plans that night and give it a shot. He is one of Mark's inspirations..
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 02:32:59 AM »
VGONIS2002 and panzerdriver: I will try to recreate the issues you are experiencing, but they sound like separate issues. SMF is certainly not perfect software, but I'm kind of surprised at this. This is the first time I'm hearing of a major issue with logging in.

Anyway, I have a vested interest a US tour and I really hope it happens. The thought of seeing MK this summer is amazing, although the thought of listening to BD again at ear piercing volume is...... :-X
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 42 queries.