Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark and Bob in the ol' USA  (Read 27070 times)

Offlineshooting_star_night

• Camerado
Re: Mark and Bob in the ol' USA
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2012, 09:40:58 PM »
That's what ISIS is reporting as the current rumours

Bob Dylan Lucca, Italy Festival Summer 2012 (Rumour)

"Lucca, February 19, 2012: Bob Dylan will return to the Summer Festival: its presence was confirmed by the artistic director Mimmo D'Alessandro, who needs only to define the date." Further details HERE

Although this date is unconfirmed it does fit with what ISIS heard earlier this year, which was Spring in South America, possible Summer Festivals in Europe and an October / November tour in the States, possibly with Mark Knopfler.

Feb 20, 2012

As for "wow", Dylan is now 70 but still tours a lot, often around or close to 100 shows per annum, and he has been doing this since the late 1980s. Last year was actually relatively quiet as he did only 89 concerts in 21 different countries. The slacker! Actually, I haven't counted them but "stole" the information from elsewhere.

:lol Hey now :)

Offlineshooting_star_night

• Camerado
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2012, 10:04:38 PM »
More Bob Summer Dates/News:

Lunedi 27 Febbraio 2012
Bob Dylan live in Cortona ( Italy) in August? First rumors

Two super-names are circulating among the Italian journalists about the mysterious new festival to be held in Cortona (Tuscany) in the month of August: Bob Dylan and Umberto Eco. The replacement of the old Tuscan Sun Festival which will be moved to Florence, will be called 'In Tuscany-Cortona Art Festival', will be (partly) presented at a press conference this morning just in the Etruscan town.
Meanwhile, moving the first two scenarios, one of the singer-symbol of 60 years Bob Dylan, still active live, and Umberto Eco, just to reiterate the fact that the festival will live not only of music, but it will be a mix of arts and culture.

http://www.maggiesfarm.eu/

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2012, 01:14:35 AM »
My reading of the press conference story is that the festival was announced but no names of performers were given. The festival is supported by an Italian publisher called Fetrinelli, who published Dylan's "Chronicles Volume One" and, I believe, Umberto Eco. This may the source of the idea that these two will be at the festival. Of course, it may be true. We shall see.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »
No news of Dylan and Mark touring together, I'm afraid, but, having made comments before about their two different approaches to touring, I thought these recent comments by Merle Haggard might be of interest:

On stage, however, Haggard thrives on spontaneity and on making his songs live and breathe anew, each time he plays them. Emulating his records is the last thing on his mind.

"We play for the moment," he affirmed.

"If you go out there, trying to play it like you did last night, you

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 38 queries.