Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Brillant OL tour  (Read 8621 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Brillant OL tour
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 07:51:19 AM »
I am not sure if it was ever called so officially? It is the Making Movies tour, isn't it? "Only" fans who know the little part from the not released song on that Chorus TV documentary call it On Location tour... So this OL thing can cause some confusion indeed?

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 11:07:02 AM »
I was sure it was a tour of an old boys' rugby team!    ;D    "Old Leodiensians" maybe?   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 11:52:06 PM »
OL is Olympique Lyonnais French Football team ... btw i don't care about footlball

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 12:32:08 AM »
I am not sure if it was ever called so officially? It is the Making Movies tour, isn't it? "Only" fans who know the little part from the not released song on that Chorus TV documentary call it On Location tour... So this OL thing can cause some confusion indeed?

LE
I guess it was an official name for the tour at the time. They had this name on the tour book:

Sorry for the small pic, I couldn't find bigger one.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 12:42:47 AM »
I've got a T-Shirt  "On Location tour" 80/81

Love Expresso

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »
Ups. Then I stand corrected of course! Thanks!

::) ::)  ;)

LE

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 05:32:50 PM »
Yes "on location" was the official name of the tour, it's well known  ;D

"Only" fans who know the little part from the not released song on that Chorus TV documentary call it On Location tour

LE, I guess you were thinking to the BBC Arena documentary ?

because the only DS apparance in the french TV show called "chorus" was in 1978, and no Making movies song at this time.... :)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 07:10:34 PM »
I have no idea why, but I've never listened to a recording from this tour. :(

Can anyone recommend a good one, pref soundboard?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Love Expresso

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 08:13:29 PM »
[quote author=Jean-Fran

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 08:28:17 PM »
LE don't let it bring you down. We are fans, not experts. I have the OL tour book, but it's been a long time since I gave it a look, so I had no idea what OL meant, when they first mentioned it here. But I was afraid to ask and avoided the embarrassment. Or haven't I?  ;D
Dusty, I am about to start listening to some of these recordings, and eventually by 2025 I will be able to say "mission accomplished". I guess a big thank you is long overdue to the ones that have already listened and give us valuable information. I very much like the Once upon a time bootleg, from Brussels, June 5 1981. My 50th record. White vinyl, from swingin' pig!   ;D  I like the part where Mark says: "we don't have any lights tonight, the lights are Kapoot". I think there is a video from that night as well.   
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 09:45:59 PM »

soundboards :

werchter 81 ("once upon a time" silver pressed bootleg")
wonderful angel of mercy !

dortmund 80

audience :

emerald city : Mark telling the story of les boys !
wiesbaden 1st night ; wdytyg !

OfflineboboDS

• Camerado
  • Alchemy DVD!
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 10:47:02 PM »

Say whaaaaaat?? The mk community renowned Dusty Valentino has never ever listened to a recording from this tour?? Whaaaat? You gotta be kidding.
I don't believe it. That's like saying you've never seen the sun shining, or drunk beer.
My ideals got shattered right here right now, yeah americans were never on the moon and bermuda triangle steals humans and sends them to alien slavery in a galaxy far far away.

I mean, whaaat?? Not possible.

In case you're not kidding (don't believe it) I definitely recommend Boston 1980!! A must have. And then Wiesbaden 1981, but second night (6th may) - imho a bit better performance and the sound is not ruined by clap.

It's hot in the desert
But I'm cool in the zone
People call me lucky
But I say you make your own

Love Expresso

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 11:02:21 PM »

Say whaaaaaat?? The mk community renowned Dusty Valentino has never ever listened to a recording from this tour?? Whaaaat? You gotta be kidding.
I don't believe it. That's like saying you've never seen the sun shining, or drunk beer.
My ideals got shattered right here right now, yeah americans were never on the moon and bermuda triangle steals humans and sends them to alien slavery in a galaxy far far away.

I mean, whaaat?? Not possible.

In case you're not kidding (don't believe it) I definitely recommend Boston 1980!! A must have. And then Wiesbaden 1981, but second night (6th may) - imho a bit better performance and the sound is not ruined by clap.

LOL!

Best post in months. Really! Thanks for that!  :lol :lol :lol

I once listened to Boston 1980. Never liked it. Bad sound quality and far too much gabbing MK in my opinion.... I think I don't have it anymore...

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 11:15:51 PM »
boboDS, it has been such a long time since we heard from you. It was but a trick from dusty to make you break your silence! ;D
No, I totally understand Dusty. You grow older, have a more creative work or pass-time and kids and to edit this forum. Too much work. I think my darling woman has to suffer silently, in order for me to listen to these OL recordings, and still they never end! ;D
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineboboDS

• Camerado
  • Alchemy DVD!
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 01:23:32 PM »

LOL!

Best post in months. Really! Thanks for that!  :lol :lol :lol

I once listened to Boston 1980. Never liked it. Bad sound quality and far too much gabbing MK in my opinion.... I think I don't have it anymore...

LE

glad to be of service :)

Imho if you listened just once to Boston LE, then it's not enough :)
Sound quality imho, infact, is GREAT, much better than any other 1980 aud bootleg. Even like it a bit better than Dortmund and much better than Werchter 1981 SBD (which has terrible mix for a SBD imho).
Performance is great (EL, DttW, Lions, SHS, Gallery, News, Sultans, even Les Boys with the full story, TOL is good but standard, Wild West End, and one of the greatest performances of Where do you think - e.g. much better than the famous Arena one - imho that one is not a special one at all) and, which is big plus, is Pick's drumming that night, very very good (you won't hear that from me often, cos I'm a Terry Williams fan).
So all in all a great show imho.

boboDS, it has been such a long time since we heard from you. It was but a trick from dusty to make you break your silence! ;D
No, I totally understand Dusty. You grow older, have a more creative work or pass-time and kids and to edit this forum. Too much work. I think my darling woman has to suffer silently, in order for me to listen to these OL recordings, and still they never end! ;D

That trick worked then :)
I mean I read the forum almost everyday, but I'm not the writing kinda a guy. I just post when I feel I absolutely have to say something or when I get caught by surprise, which was the case now :)

So, Dusty, LE or anyone else who never listened to Boston 1980, I reaaaally recommend it.
It's hot in the desert
But I'm cool in the zone
People call me lucky
But I say you make your own

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 46 queries.