Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: What happened to Simfy...  (Read 5071 times)

Love Expresso

Re: What happened to Simfy...
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 10:45:47 AM »
Ah, I see. Cool.

LE

OfflinePixelPerfect

• Local Hero
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 08:11:46 AM »
Oh man, is there some kind of electronic petition we can collect names on or SOMETHING to get them to sell those recordings?  >:(
There are SO many audience recordings of concerts that I'd always wished I could get a soundboard-quality recording of; of course, I always thought that was just dreaming...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »
Oh man, is there some kind of electronic petition we can collect names on or SOMETHING to get them to sell those recordings?  >:(
There are SO many audience recordings of concerts that I'd always wished I could get a soundboard-quality recording of; of course, I always thought that was just dreaming...
+100
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 11:37:43 AM »
Here is (below) the answer from "dear Julia" to my last mail.
This is quite enlightening about the viability of the business model - high advanced paiments, not enough sales to cover.
The solution to this seems quite simple to me:
The business for live audio music seems to be quite small, restricted to die-hard fans.
Every artist today have the necessary equipment to record their own shows; besides, their teams are the best placed to mix them the way they want it to sound... not too much flute please... :) So, there is no need to engage huge fixe costs, like having a dedicated Simfy team following the tour with their own equiment, etc. Just let the artists provide the recordings.
Still, you need to distribute them. This can be done individually on each artist's web site, today it is very easy to build an e-commerce web-site; but still, there is an interest for a centralized, well-known purchasing plateform, to attract new customers and for the sake of convenience: istore, amazon, can do this perfectly.
Why not do exactly what Kindle Direct Publishing does now for e-books ? any author can now compile his own book, send it, and wait for money to come. Give 30% to the store, period. No fix costs. No retainers. No advanced paiments.

Am I dreaming that something like this could be possible in this century, or what ?

Hello <Herlock>,

great, that you have the backups.

You are not the only one who does not understand, why simfylive was closed. But the point behind that is, and this is something customers do not know, is that the contracts that allows us to record artists includie very high advance payment. At some point a company then has to check if the spend money gets back by selling concerts. After 2 yaears of live recording the managenet decided to closed that part.

Licenses always have a certain validation, after that time we are not allowed to sell them anymore. That is why you can not order any more concerts.

I will pass ypiur feedback over to the managent.

Greetings

Julia

_______

Customer Service

simfy AG
Vogelsanger Str. 187
50825 Cologne, Germany

Management Board: Gerrit Schumann, Georg Bergheim
Supervisory Board: Dr. Hendrik Brandis (Chairman)
Registered in Cologne, HRB 66600

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 09:12:39 PM »
Looks like really something is gonna happen with the official recordings made by the band...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 09:33:43 PM »
Yeah, I posted today on Guy's forum about whether or not the recordings could be considered "Public Domain" and got this answer:

"I don't think that file sharing would be condoned no matter how available they are BUT all I can do is say that the future of the many live recordings we have has been discussed and fans are considered. You will understand I cannot say more. "

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 11:28:54 PM »
Awesomestiously!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 40 queries.