Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: itw Mark french magazine "BEST" 1982 or 1983  (Read 4592 times)

OnlineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
itw Mark french magazine "BEST" 1982 or 1983
« on: March 09, 2012, 07:53:49 AM »
blind test for Mark : the journalist play some songs to Mark, and he has to tell if he know this music, and if he like it or not

as I did some patchwork "collages" with magazines articles when I was a teen , I still only have the numbers 12 and 13, but I remember there was some JJ Cale, EC's give me strength, and Ted Nugent.

It's from the french magazine "Best", I guess in 1982 or 1983, not sure.

the translation of the part about Van halen is something like that :

"technically it is very developed, but it's the kind of thing that leaves me totally indifferent. I understand that it impresses other people, but in terms of sensitivity that leaves me cold. you have no other JJ?"

and the part about Cooder :

"It is Ry, he is inimitable, he is one of the guitarists I like most with JJ, he is capable of anything with a guitar but he has mainly a prodigious sense of feeling. More, what he does looks simple as it is so natural that it looks obvious, and yet it is not that easy, it's technically very hard to do because it is an hypersensitive approach "

Yes I confess I use google translation ; I know it's not always good, but I guess you get the whole idea.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
Re: itw Mark french magazine "BEST" 1982 or 1983
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:36:30 AM »
Very interesting, thanks. That kind of blind test would be an interesting thing to do again, or maybe MK should do a radio show about his favourite artists - just like the other guy, whatever his name was, Bruce Dillan or so.... ;)
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Jackal

Re: itw Mark french magazine "BEST" 1982 or 1983
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 10:55:16 AM »
Thanks, JF.

Here are the two songs mentioned:

Van Halen - Eruption

Ry Cooder - Always Lift Him Up (in my opinion, not the best example of Ry's work ...)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 39 queries.