Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Sultans - Dire Streets trib  (Read 2567 times)

Offlinejakehadlee

• Local Hero
    • Dire Streets
Sultans - Dire Streets trib
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:46:14 AM »
Hi all - this is my trib band Dire Streets, doing a bit of Alchemy-inspired Sultans at the Roadhouse in Birmingham.

(shameless plug alert) You can follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/direstreets  :)  (end of shameless plug)

http://soundcloud.com/john-brunsdon/1-08-sultans-of-swing

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
Re: Sultans - Dire Streets trib
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:31:11 AM »
Fantastic recordings and performances Jake! Your drummer is really getting that Alchemy vibe going too, terrific. I enjoyed Where Do You Think You're Going too, you sing it well mate. How does a song like that go down in a crowd? Are they into it?

One more Q - is that your Deluxe Reverb RI I'm hearing? I've been saving all my gig money and I'm about to upgrade the Deville in a month or so...
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinejakehadlee

• Local Hero
    • Dire Streets
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 12:35:52 AM »
Cheers Fletch - WDYTYG usually goes down a storm. We only introduced that recently but it gets one of the best reactions. Telegraph always gets people going too - but then they are all DS fans - one promoter said "can't you play shorter songs, no-one wants to listen to 15 minutes of prog rock" ;-)

Yes - that's the DRRI. I absolutely love it, it's not easy to come across in an mp3 but it really nails the Knopfler tone. I get so many sound engineers asking me about the amp and commenting on how good it sounds. Best amp I've ever played - although I will say it takes a bit of breaking in. Needed a lot of hours playing before it found it's real tone.

Also find a little clean boost really helps sweeten it up. I use a Carl Martyn.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:39:01 AM by jakehadlee »

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 06:17:21 AM »
Thanks for the amp info, I'm keen for it, if it's sweeter and less back breaking than my Deville!
I am now using a SM57 which (god knows why) seems to bring all the good vibes out + it lets me crank with less single coil hum! Thanks for the tips. Keep up the good work.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 38 queries.