Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Unite for Syria  (Read 7500 times)

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
Re: Unite for Syria
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 06:40:10 AM »
If my kids had to live here after our home had been bombed, I'd do anything to improve their lives..........then I'm not like everyone else. There are 59.5 million more humans than little Aylan Kurdi and his older brother, Galip, displaced by conflicts & Wars which they had no part in starting. Many more than at the end of WWII.
Perhaps this is why Mark participated in the campaign?

« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:55:32 AM by shangri la 1 »

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 01:53:26 PM »
If my kids had to live here after our home had been bombed, I'd do anything to improve their lives..........then I'm not like everyone else. There are 59.5 million more humans than little Aylan Kurdi and his older brother, Galip, displaced by conflicts & Wars which they had no part in starting. Many more than at the end of WWII.
Perhaps this is why Mark participated in the campaign?

This is exactly where the EU members should place their multi billion Euro financial aid instead of granting asylum and permanent residency to a very small number of those 60 million people.

It's also very easy to speak from Australia where they (rightfully, I should add) turn migrant boats around to nearby islands. If the EU countries kept the same integrity as the Aussie border control there wouldn't be people drowning in the Mediterranean Sea.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 03:24:11 PM »
 :smack Looks like you don't agree with your country for helping many of these people, and I'm ashamed of my Government for it's record of human rights abuses in the 3 prison camps where when things happen to the women and children held there, the Doctors & Nurses are threatened with prison for telling us about it.
https://undercoverinfo.wordpress.com/2015/06/01/australian-govt-threatens-doctors-with-prison-if-report-abuse-of-refugees/

Our PM & his Government may face criminal charges for their responses:-
http://nofibs.com.au/2014/08/31/morrison-and-abbott-named-in-international-criminal-court-submission-on-refugees-jansant-reports/
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/detention-centre-child-spam-abuse-claims-number-in-dozens-20140930-10o7pv.html
Our PM loves to call them "ILLEGALS" - I love to call them fellow HUMAN beings. We are all different.....so It's certainly not "easy" for this Australian to speak about it.

Sweden shaming the rest of us with compassion.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 03:29:08 PM by shangri la 1 »

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 07:30:39 PM »
People who bring war to another countries should be made responsible for taking refugees out of these countries. It's all about destabilisation. One should zoom out to see the bigger picture.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 08:21:27 AM »
So many governments selling weapons to the armies in war in those countries, and now having to take the refugees caused by the wars they armed before...

It´s like divine justice, but with many innocents suffering for it.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 11:48:55 AM »
People who bring war to another countries should be made responsible for taking refugees out of these countries. It's all about destabilisation. One should zoom out to see the bigger picture.

It's not the population of a country that decides upon war but it's government.  Accepting "refugees" - itself an arguable term since they are travelling thousands of miles across a dozen safe lands and don't intend going back, hence the word immigrant would be more accurate IMO - is far more complicated than just statistics.  One has to take into account things like population density in different areas, different cultures being able to integrate etc.  Continually accepting "refugees" into a country is a practice that cannot continue because it will not stop and other nationalities are now following.  Words coming from the mouths of the likes of Merkel and Sturgeon are reckless  because this is a no going back situation that could well lead to widespread unrest.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 06:30:18 PM »
Agree with you DMG. Of course we have to help but it's not possible to have all the people in just a couple of countries in Western europe.

surferboy

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 10:36:26 AM »

It's not the population of a country that decides upon war but it's government.  Accepting "refugees" - itself an arguable term since they are travelling thousands of miles across a dozen safe lands and don't intend going back, hence the word immigrant would be more accurate IMO - is far more complicated than just statistics.  One has to take into account things like population density in different areas, different cultures being able to integrate etc.  Continually accepting "refugees" into a country is a practice that cannot continue because it will not stop and other nationalities are now following.  Words coming from the mouths of the likes of Merkel and Sturgeon are reckless  because this is a no going back situation that could well lead to widespread unrest.

One of your best posts ever, dmg.
How I wish our European politicians would see it that way and act accordingly.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 11:15:28 AM »
If the war stops, the situation will stop as well. The refugees doesn´t want to runaway from their countries. They have to.

It kind of remind me what happens during the endless war in Jugoslavia, it ended when the war stopped.

It´s humanity, to help the refugees, but it´s not the only thing to do, you have to stop the reason why they are runing away. Ilegal inmigration and people running away from wars are not the same, and are different problems, althought in both cases they are looking for a better life.

But stop a war in which you had a part, selling them the weapons... well, many governments have interest in it.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2015, 09:23:08 AM »

:thumbsup
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 40 queries.