Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: My first recording on the net  (Read 7486 times)

Offlinetrullols

• Local Hero
  • Fender Stratocaster 61'
    • Covers & versions
Re: My first recording on the net
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 02:59:40 PM »
Very well played :)

many thanks Pensa boy  :)
I heard your playing and it's very very well played too ! :)
You have the tone, the style, the vibrato, and you managed to reproduce Mark's feeling.
I hope your wrist will going better  :)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 03:01:24 PM »

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »
The whole production is much better than what I had expected from your description!  In fact it is above the average for such works. The drums are a bit in the front, but it is a matter of taste really. Half the songs end a bit suddenly, maybe a fade out would be better. No matter if you concider it a jam, it is more than good enough for people to enjoy!

Bolide is very nice! The riff is solid gold! I enjoyed it so much that I don't know how 7 minutes went by. Going to listen to it again and again!  I liked the wah-wah part more since it had more memorable phrases. The only thing was that the solos were fitting but added to the texture/dynamics and not so much to the melody or as counter melody or seperate melodies (memorable catch phrases), not a bad thing itself, but just noticing. It is common in the post Pixies era, but  is a bit unusual for lengthy "classic rock" tracks.

Relax Max was sorter, and pleasant but it lacked the driving riff of Bolide.

Paysages has a dreamy guitar (in the beginning it reminded me a bit of Bird of Paradise) and a Peter Green touch. Very nice! I don't have a clue about music theory (so excuse my ignorance and suggestions) but  may I suggest a slower pace, so the etheral guitar can work to the maximum. 

L'orage must be the one musical idea I liked best! It is short, has an intro, middle part-outro (and fade out!) the riff is grand and powerful, but the solo synth was  sounding a bit like Vangelis in Blade Runner, and even though I love that score, it doesn't fit that well.  After a couple of plays you get used to it though. The production here if it was a bit better would have helped.  What about a counter guitar solo, instead or together with the keyboard?

Partir was sweet, and the repetition helped! It sounded like an interlude, but a sweet one.

Grandes escapes has a more solid production the synth solo has a nice sound, but it is away from adding a new counter melody to the track.

Your music is very good, and I guess if you add a few good ideas in for the extended  solos and play a bit with the structure of the tracks, they would make a nice CD.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »
Vgonis, many thanks for your comments and suggestions

the whole idea behind these recordings is :

I have several themes-ideas-riffs-melodies in my head that would fit to songs verses-chorus schemes, but my voice is horrible, I can't write good lyrics, and I don't know a singer/writer to collaborate with, so I can only play instrumental tracks
So, in order to vary the more I can, I try differents sounds/instruments throughout the chord progression, and that's why I try to not play a guitar solo on every "verse".
Of course, it doesn't sound like a song, it's most of the time just a jam, but I find sometimes that it could be a bit like soundtracks, at least music for documentaries or such things, very humbly of course

Bolide is very nice! The riff is solid gold!
thanks. it's a little bit like Stones's bitch, but unconsciously copied  ;)

Paysages has a dreamy guitar (in the beginning it reminded me a bit of Bird of Paradise).
never thought of this song (anyway I hear  it just  1 or 2 times on the net, when forumers said it has the same melody as BIA's middle 8 )

and a Peter Green touch
aaarghh... I wanted the riff sounding a bit like U2 (you know, clean sound with echo), and the end solo like early DS....missed !  :smack ;D

L'orage must be the one musical idea I liked best! It is short, has an intro, middle part-outro (and fade out!) the riff is grand and powerful, but the solo synth was  sounding a bit like Vangelis in Blade Runner,

I like Vangelis too, but I must admit I had more Floyd or Genesis or Yes in head when composing/playing this tune
the problem is I don't have a Moog or a B3, so I can't sound like Wright/Banks/Wakeman, and my cheesy 80's keyboard sounds just like.....80s cheesy keyboards... :lol

Your music is very good, and I guess if you add a few good ideas in for the extended  solos and play a bit with the structure of the tracks, they would make a nice CD.

many thanks again, but I think it's a little bit overestimated. Maybe one day :)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 06:25:40 PM »
I like modest people!  ;)  Only thing I can say and wish, is keep at it and you will create a body of work. And this is important because they are realised and not just ideas. Steely Dan were struggling for 4-5 years playing their songs before they got their break (out of chance, by the way,but they were ready to embrace it). And when they got it the first pieces they had were sources of inspiration up until their Aja album!   
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 38 queries.