Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Official 2008/09 Recording Diary Thread  (Read 11553 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Official 2008/09 Recording Diary Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 03:20:05 PM »
And at the end of 2009 promo  :D  :D  :D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »
Wow!  I feel a bit out-of-breath!  I have just arrived home from a short holiday in Nice (about 2 hours ago) and all the time I was away I was wondering what the news would be.  I intended to find an internet cafe, but decided in the end to wait until I was home.
I really thought that it was going to be a "Best-of MK" in time for Christmas with a bonus live concert from KTGC, as happened with "The Very Best of DS (Sultans of Swing)".  I am delighted, however, with the news of a new album and don't know really what to expect - something a bit rocky perhaps, or bluesy?  Whatever, though, it will be amazing as usual.  I think he still has a lot to get off his chest!   :P   BTW "Golden Heart" was released in the spring and a tour followed immediately, so it's not out of the question.  I just hope it doesn't clash with my summer hols in June/July!  :-\ 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 09:32:34 AM »
Val, I think the difference with Golden Heart was that the recording process took quite a few years.

Also, MK was "bigger" then and there was a lot of record company promotion behind the album. I don't think they do so much of that now.

But ATRR was released in the Spring too, so by no means out of the question. We'll just have to wait and see.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 09:41:56 AM »
Of course, I forgot ATRR, so it's still possible for a tour next year, but probably unlikely I think. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 09:43:33 AM »
For obvious reasons I am NOT going to plan a thing next year besides a holiday in July or August, I think there is no chance he will tour then.   ::) Release in spring would be nice, followed by a nice tour in september till november 2009 and maybe a US leg in January 2010 ???? But I agree with Dusty, we have to wait and see.  ;)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 09:47:34 AM »
A September 'til November tour would be great and (selfishly) it would please me because my summer holidays would fit in nicely.  ;)

Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 09:50:18 AM »
And Val...... we will all meet again! That was a very nice part of the tour in my opinion. I really enjoyed the time meeting all of you in different countries and cities!! But now we have to wait and speculate a long long time!!!  ??? ??? ???

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 09:52:56 AM »
Yes, Ingrid, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone again too!  It was one of the highlights of the tour for me!  :)  I hope you enjoyed Iceland btw!  :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 10:05:28 AM »
As you know I am addicted to Iceland  :P
We had a great party of a friend of mine who reached the nice age of 40 as well  :D
We had a lot of rain, but did do some driving in Iceland and the autumncolors were really beautiful.

Offlinedannyjun

• Camerado
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »
Wooow...
a few days without internet now...and what exciting news...
honestly, I did not expact this. I thought that the album could be recorded in 2009, but...
If GF said that it won't be finished until april 2009, maybe "finished" here means also released...well, I also hope for 2009 tour, don't forget that MK likes touring a lot and especcially these days...
But nobody knows, maybe it will be in 2010...
Anyway, I also hope for more guitar and more rock...i like KTGC too but I hope that MK's rockin' days aren't gone !! ;)
And if Guy said that he doesn't know what will happen with official 2008 live recordings, well, I am afraid... if there will be available any soundboard at all. It doesn't make ant sence: so great tour with so poor promotion....
But new album is still better for me than live album, so... ;)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 11:42:36 AM »
The other thing is that these tours are organised way in advance, for example around this time last year the tickets for the KTGC tour were going onsale. So unless we see dates soon I think we will have to wait until 2010.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »
In Holland we are used to buy tix in autumn for spring and in spring for autumn. So it's still possible for the end of next year. Last ticket I bought was some last week for 30th of June 2009: Jeff Wayne's The War of the World!! I think this will be an amazing show.

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 02:07:27 PM »
I know than in the past I have always booked my holidays around MK tours.Su're the venues are announced 7-8 months before & the tickets are on sale 6 months before so you have plenty time to plan exactly where we are going.With travel being so easy these days its always easy to get a flight somewhere if you happened to miss the nearest gig to you.In my case I have to travel about 175 miles to the closest gig in Dublin & then I go to one of the UK gigs as well which is usually on the same week.
Everyone thinks I'm mad,its like "what" youre going to the same concert again &&&& youre going to where,jeezz boy youre mad ::) ::)
I would imagine that is typical of responses that people on this forum get!!
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 05:10:26 PM »
This is fantastic news, and as Mark has supprised us all by recording so soon, he may supprise us again by touring next year :)
But what I am wondering is why would it take so long to record? he has already been in the studio a week with Guy, now into week 2, and the rest of the band to follow soon, but Guy is saying it won't be done untill April 09? i'm hoping the reason is because Mark has so many new songs, or that they are complex arrangments!! remember Sailing to Philadelphia was at one time going to be a double album because he had so many songs, maybe it the case again.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »
Hey Ingrid I didn't know that you were in Iceland!  .....It is good to hear that you had a wonderful vacation again!  ;D

Well a new album, that really is good news and I am looking forward to it again! Perhaps we can buy it Spring 2009 and ............a tour again at the end of next year? That would be so wonderful!

Btw I can't help, but I still have the feeling there will be a special performance also when Mark celebrate his birthday in August! ::)........... I will wait a bit longer also before booking a vacation next year, because I also would love to  attend that performance and of course to meet you all again! ;)

Fieneke
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 08:14:02 PM by Fieneke2 »
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 34 queries.