Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2013 Tour  (Read 165588 times)

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
Re: 2013 Tour
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 02:01:53 PM »
iron hand....how long...aaahhh

LOL-  well not everything off OES....im sure the title track at least could be slipped in nicely....
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »
never liked the title track....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 04:22:23 PM »
never liked the title track....

I never liked Privateering either. ;)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »
Me and Jarle is trying to find out how many dates MK will play in Norway.
It seems that we could have more than two dates here!!  ;D
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 01:32:03 PM »
It seems that we could have more than two dates here!!  ;D

Which in that case will be a new record :)
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 01:41:59 PM »
My dream is Trondheim, Oslo and Bergen!  :lol
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »
It seems that we could have more than two dates here!!  ;D

Not quite;  on the BIA tour they played two nights in Oslo on 22 and 23/10/85 ;D

He could play Malmo next time like he did with BD and that would almost like give Sweden another show too. ???
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:44:54 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »

Not quite;  on the BIA tour they played two nights in Oslo on 22 and 23/10/85 ;D

He could play Malmo next time like he did with BD and that would almost like give Sweden another show too. ???

Won't mind if he does  :D

In 2010 they played in Helsingborg (outdoors) which is a 45 minute drive from Malmo.

But Malmo Arena is newly built and proved to be a state of the art concert arena.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »

True... He has played two nights here several times on his solo tours, so we need at least three to break the record :)
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflineMaxx

• Camerado
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »

Won't mind if he does  :D

In 2010 they played in Helsingborg (outdoors) which is a 45 minute drive from Malmo.

But Malmo Arena is newly built and proved to be a state of the art concert arena.

I'm fine as long as they choose indoor. The cold and rainy 2010 outdoor concert at Sofiero probably wasn't MK's favorite concert of that tour.   ::)
I hope for at least Stockholm and hopefully also Gothenburg, but it seems after the GL tour, that Stockholm is only chosen if they go to Helsinki as well which they didn't do last time.

Why they did two gigs with BD was only because that BD always sells tickets here, whilst that isn't as sure with MK. The only reason he sold out Sofiero was because of the danes.  ;D
I'm planning to visit two gigs next year, but living up here always makes me anxious before the announcements of the dates. Hoping for the best.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 05:22:13 PM »

Why they did two gigs with BD was only because that BD always sells tickets here, whilst that isn't as sure with MK. The only reason he sold out Sofiero was because of the danes.  ;D
I'm planning to visit two gigs next year, but living up here always makes me anxious before the announcements of the dates. Hoping for the best.

Not entirely true. The tour in 2008 included Stockholm and Karlstad. First ever double stop in Sweden (post-DS of course)

Nowadays Gothenburg is being overlooked due to not being able to host modern arenas. Much like Copenhagen have been overlooked lately in Denmark. Sorry if you are from Gothenburg Maxx but there haven't been anything built since the 80's that would benefit concerts.

In 2010 the only Danish show was at festival (among other artists' fans) in Middelfart, far away from Copenhagen. That was one of the reasons why it was no wonder Helsingborg nearly sold out.

My bet is that we will see two shows in Sweden, guessing Malmo and Stockholm. But it may as well end up with being just Malmo again since no other arena in Sweden is nowhere near the standard and acoustics of Malmo Arena.

edit: come to think about it, the only reason for Malmo Arena not to host an MK concert next year is the fact that the venue will be hosting the Eurovision Song Contest (yuk!) in May
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:34:05 PM by border_reiver »
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineMaxx

• Camerado
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »

Not entirely true. The tour in 2008 included Stockholm and Karlstad. First ever double stop in Sweden (post-DS of course)

Nowadays Gothenburg is being overlooked due to not being able to host modern arenas. Much like Copenhagen have been overlooked lately in Denmark. Sorry if you are from Gothenburg Maxx but there haven't been anything built since the 80's that would benefit concerts.

In 2010 the only Danish show was at festival (among other artists' fans) in Middelfart, far away from Copenhagen. That was one of the reasons why it was no wonder Helsingborg nearly sold out.

My bet is that we will see two shows in Sweden, guessing Malmo and Stockholm. But it may as well end up with being just Malmo again since no other arena in Sweden is nowhere near the standard and acoustics of Malmo Arena.

Of course the dream of Stockholm and Gothenburg is because of egoistic reasons. ;) Even better up would be two nights in Stockholms.  ;D

The 2005 tour included these two cities.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »

Of course the dream of Stockholm and Gothenburg is because of egoistic reasons. ;) Even better up would be two nights in Stockholms.  ;D

The 2005 tour included these two cities.

You're totally right there. But then again I usually go to Copenhagen rather than any other Swedish city ;)

(due to geographic reasons and the fact that the Copenhagen show in 1996 was the best concert I've been to in my life! audience isn't as stiff as in Sweden :D )

Gothenburg is a town that you easily forget ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:38:51 PM by border_reiver »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 06:02:30 PM »
stockholm has the "Globen" right?
and Gothenburg has the Ullevi Stadium (straits played there in 92, no?)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineMaxx

• Camerado
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 06:15:45 PM »
stockholm has the "Globen" right?
and Gothenburg has the Ullevi Stadium (straits played there in 92, no?)

Yep, but in 92 I think they played indoor at Scandinavium (Gothenburg). No idea why. They did Stockholm outdoors.

Talking about Globen, The Globe Arena.. I think that's too big for MK nowadays. First of all it's a bad arena, and to me it seems that only "rock n roll" bands can thrive in that place. MK's easy going music together with the Swedish audience makes a very strange feeling. It's not that many seats (~12 000), but the shape makes it gigantic and so quite with a seating audience. Ask MK what he thought about the '06 concert in there. Even Guy mentioned it in his diary but in nicer words.  ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 38 queries.