Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK Gig in London  (Read 39146 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: MK Gig in London
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »
pretty sure that was exactly what DMG meant, big fans like ourselves, wherever we are.
but people, anyone recording??

If I win, I'll take my DAT.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 03:43:47 PM »
Yes please, I will be in Iceland, otherwise I would give it a try through friends in the UK.
Hope I will hear a recording of it later, thanks in advance for the winning person who will record ...

That's a lot if if if  ::)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 04:18:33 PM »
Yes please, I will be in Iceland, otherwise I would give it a try through friends in the UK.
Hope I will hear a recording of it later, thanks in advance for the winning person who will record ...

Of course I'll win;  I'm a die-hard MK fan so I deserve it more! ;) :)

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
DMG - if you seriously believe that fans hoping for tx via Amazon are less deserving or "real" than the fans who post here, then you really do need to get a life imo.

Nonsense.  ::)
That's not what he meant(and you probably know it), and i don't think there is any need to be rude-do you????

+1

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 04:24:59 PM »

Of course I'll win;  I'm a die-hard MK fan so I deserve it more! ;) :)

Then I deserve a copy of your recording  ;D   ;D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »

That's a lot if if if  ::)

Of course I'll win;  I'm a die-hard MK fan so I deserve it more! ;) :)

Then I deserve a copy of your recording  ;D   ;D

I'll send you the DAT tape. ;)

To be honest it would be my first time recording from the audience so no promises of anything spectacular.  I bought myself a Sony stereo microphone ECM-MS907 on eBay to accompany my Sony TCD-D8 DAT recorder and I've yet to try them out.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:44:57 PM by dmg »

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 05:27:01 PM »
Sounds nice but I think a DAT won't fit in my PC, laptop, iPad, iPhone, carstereo, or home-surroundsystem.
It sounds I have a lot of stuff, but a DAT won't do  :P  :P

I will wait patiently for a recording  ;)
And DMG just ask others here when it's your first recording, they will give you advice, help you working it out to a uploadable recording to give to us - inpatient but grateful waiting - fans  :lol
Anyway a big hug from me for trying

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 06:04:36 PM »
All I meant was that I would rather see the competition winner be a genuine MK fan like ourselves who would really appreciate the prize than someone who has maybe never seen him live before and never bought an album.  There are probably many genuine fans entering through Amazon as well as "tourists." :)

DMG  - at one point in your life, you had never seen MK or bought his music, yet you are a real MK fan. How did that come about? Your rationale doesn't hold up! Rant over. ;)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 09:06:52 PM »
All I meant was that I would rather see the competition winner be a genuine MK fan like ourselves who would really appreciate the prize than someone who has maybe never seen him live before and never bought an album.  There are probably many genuine fans entering through Amazon as well as "tourists." :)

DMG  - at one point in your life, you had never seen MK or bought his music, yet you are a real MK fan. How did that come about? Your rationale doesn't hold up! Rant over. ;)

Because it came.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 09:46:39 PM »
I know exactly what DMG means, it happened here in Holland before as well:
People winning tickets for the showcase. Most of them entered because of the name Dire Straits. After the showcase they were moaning: why not more DS songs, I didn't know he was solo, I didn't know most songs .......
I think that real fans LIKE we here in AMIT (and other fansites) deserve something like this more. We buy all CD's, most of us even more than one version. We go to concerts, a lot of us to more and some of us to a lot during the same tour.

Thank you for your comment Ingridswing! That is what I mean as well!  .....DMG this big hug is for you!  

Uuuuuhhhh shall I ask?  People might think I am still living in the Middle Ages or in the time area of Fred and Wilma Flintstone , .........
but how can I learn when I don't dare to ask? .............so here I go:

Ingrid I read that you and DMG are talking about DAT and I wonder what that is! Who is willing to explain?

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 09:59:09 PM »
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_audio_tape

Here you can read it in dutch Fieneke. You can't know it all, that's what we are for, to help eacht other  :)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 10:15:40 PM »
In 2007 I was drawn for the one off Led Zep reunion.

I'm not a huge fan, only own the best of.  For sure some "big" fans missed out at my expense.  Do I feel guilty? Nope. That's life.  You might get lucky now and then. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 10:22:28 PM »
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_audio_tape

Here you can read it in dutch Fieneke. You can't know it all, that's what we are for, to help eacht other  :)

Thanks Ingridswing, I'll read it! .......You know, that is why I LOVE it to be a part of this wonderful group of friends/fans
for so many years! ......Without all the information, help and friendship with many of you, I never would have been a fan
of Mark as I am the last years and he only would have been an artist as so many others!

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 11:04:43 PM »
In 2007 I was drawn for the one off Led Zep reunion.

I'm not a huge fan, only own the best of.  For sure some "big" fans missed out at my expense.  Do I feel guilty? Nope. That's life.  You might get lucky now and then. :)

Why should you feel guilty if you went along to see LZand decided you liked some other form of music better? Why would you feel guilty if you saw LZ for the first time in your life and became a "real fan" because you had never seen such talent before or believed it existed?Isn't the latter what happened when we all saw Mark for the first time?

The point of my original post was simply to point out that believing, or even feeling a little, that you are a "real fan", and that others who don't post on forums like this, are lesser fans, is a crock of shit.

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 11:21:21 PM »
:disbelief :disbelief :disbelief Couldn't make it anyway... What a pity... I'll be at the hospital  :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief

Hope all is OK Knopflerized  ???  :-\

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 38 queries.